On way home: QPR v Nott Forest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On way home: QPR v Nott Forest

And breathe, survival now guaranteed after a nervy afternoon at HQ.
    First half was a fairly tense affair with both team looking short of and skill or ideas, we constantly gave away possession and we started most of their attacks.

Second half much better with 2 decent goals and various other chances, that's not to say that Forest were overrun as Smithies pulled off 2 or 3 excellant saves.

Now MOTM, I have been critical in the past but today Ned was fantastic, booked within 4 minutes he led the centre of defence with strength and some great blocks, Lynch also had his best game for a long time, strong at the back and a well taken goal.
    Most of the team improved in the second half with Luongo having a strong second 45.
    Plenty of work to be done with 4-5 decent players required, Holloway is not my choice but I'm sure he will begin the new season, thought his subs today were strange, Washington had scored and Smith was handy defending corners. Mackie offers nothing and him and Perch should be shown the door.

Still time to relax and watch the bun fight at the bottom to survive.
    Last edited by Romford Hoop; 30-04-2017, 10:58 AM.

Thanks Romford!
    @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by Romford Hoop View Post
      And breathe, survival now guaranteed after a nervy afternoon at HQ.
      First half was a fairly tense affair with both team looking short of and skill or ideas, we constantly gave away possession and we started most of their attacks.

Second half much better with 2 decent goals and various other chances, that's not to say that Forest were overrun as Smithies piled of 2 or 3 excellant saves.

Now MOTM, I have been critical in the past but today Ned was fantastic, booked within 4 minutes he led the centre of defence with strength and some great blocks, Lynch also had his best game for a long time, strong at the back and a well taken goal.
      Most of the team improved in the second half with Luongo having a strong second 45.
      Plenty of work to be done with 4-5 decent players required, Holloway is not my choice but I'm sure he will begin the new season, thought his subs today were strange, Washington had scored and Smith was handy defending corners. Mackie offers nothing and him and Perch should be shown the door.

Still time to relax and watch the bun fight at the bottom to survive.
      Second half? You may have gone home after 60 mins.....

Comment

Ya I just spoke to someone who was at the game and said we were awful for the last 30 mins,and kept giving the ball away and subs were all wrong and put us under pressure, just saying what I was told.

Comment

Mackie and Doughty I imagine came on as it may well be their last home games.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
            Ya I just spoke to someone who was at the game and said we were awful for the last 30 mins,and kept giving the ball away and subs were all wrong and put us under pressure, just saying what I was told.
            Agree it was not fantastic, however until the subs messed up the balance of the team the second half was better than the first, we are a very average team with a poor manager, if he stays we will not move forward.

Comment

Originally posted by nanocopic View Post
              Mackie and Doughty I imagine came on as it may well be their last home games.
              It may very well be their last home games with QPR but do you really think Ollie based those subs on sentiment?
              @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by gator View Post
                It may very well be their last home games with QPR but do you really think Ollie based those subs on sentiment?
                Well, it sure wasn't intelligence and football knowledge.....

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                  Well, it sure wasn't intelligence and football knowledge.....
                  Good to see you celebrating and relieved 77 lol, talk about moaning old git (said tongue in cheek btw
                  http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

I thought it was reasonable effort. We just look like we're missing another game changer. We seem to go through motions and not really have another gear

Seen us play plenty worse so I'm not moaning tonight just relieved we got win as the others won

Comment

Thought Perch had a good game today - can see why he's been picked ahead of Furlong

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                        Good to see you celebrating and relieved 77 lol, talk about moaning old git (said tongue in cheek btw
                        Critical old git, Pinkie.

Comment

Couldn't make it due to exam preparation commitments but I heard Luongo had a great game, Did a lot of defensive work, got an assist and ran with the ball a lot. Hopefully will show more consistency next season that will elevate him to getting the recognition that his talents deserve imo.
                          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

It is strange to be critical after a win but apart from 15 min period in which we scored twice we were overalll quite poor again with exception of some good individual performances. Subsitutions were baffling and change dynamics of the side particularly Smith as he was an extra man for their corners and set pieces. Glad we won but really not sure about Olly but unless we get whacked 5-0 next week he will be here next season.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                              It is strange to be critical after a win but apart from 15 min period in which we scored twice we were overalll quite poor again with exception of some good individual performances. Subsitutions were baffling and change dynamics of the side particularly Smith as he was an extra man for their corners and set pieces. Glad we won but really not sure about Olly but unless we get whacked 5-0 next week he will be here next season.

I'm not sure if that would really matter as we are safe and the match is somewhat meaningless, who knows what kind of bizarre lineup Ollie will play!
                              @gatorTFC

Comment

Working...
                              X