Holloway drops sack hint if we are relegated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joe90 View Post
    When people say "we want our Rangers back" do they mean playing in league 1 for a few seasons under Holloway?
    It would seem so. To some it is all about going to a game to meet up with fellow fans and drink pints or whatever, never mind what division or standard of football.

I was anti Holloway because I have seen his management at QPR before and was not impressed.

I don't rate him as a manager and this article just about sums his attitude up. He is blaming the players and not his tinkering.

Comment

Originally posted by norfolk ranger View Post
      How is he the right man to go into next season with? His record has got to be of one of the worst managers we have ever had. Should of never been given the job in the first place,was just an appointment to appease some fans hopefully be gone after these next 2 games.
      Their records this season ;
      JFH
      Played 16 W5 D5 L6. Pts. 20/48
      IH
      Played 28 W9 D3 L16 Pts 30/84

Neither of them are good but the former's % is in the high 40s the letter's is low 30s.

How the F is he the right man for the job?70's
      Last edited by stanistheman; 28-04-2017, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
        The season was over when we hit 50pts. Yes its disappointing that this has got in the players mind set but that's modern day football players for you. Yes not all players are the same and ours are clearly more spoilt that the likes of Brentford and others. I am willing to wait until next season when there is a potential pot of gold at the end of the season. Personally think there will be a huge improvement and all this will come to nothing. West I am very serious so please don't question my opinion which is just the way I see it
        You still bang on about this 50 point nonsense.

What if Blackburn had won another game in April i.e. a win at Villa in Redknapp's first game - he fluked a QPR win at Chelsea.?

It might be your opinion - and of course you are entitled to it - but mine is that he should not have taken his eye off the ball thinking it was job done.

You say it is the modern footballer, but I say it is up to the manager and think he should have played the same team that was winning games rather than chopping and changing as if players are incapable of playing on a regular basis and need a rest after playing 2 games in a week.

Comment

Originally posted by qprted View Post
          well if we drop it would take only two seasons to build a fabulous team full of brilliant youngsters,we would go straight through two divisions,and re take our prem status
          What planet are you on? QPR don't have any decent youngsters and cannot attract them. Have you not noticed the results the U21s, U19s etc.
          Last edited by stanistheman; 28-04-2017, 08:24 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=CroydonCaptainJack;1622672]
            Originally posted by hooploft View Post

Yes, I find his talk about getting a point very worrying.
            Yes it is as we all know what is likely to come at Norwich, so to even think about only drawing against Forest is indeed worrying. I can just picture another game like the home games against Derby and Burton. Forest are from the same region so we could see an unwelcome East Midlands treble.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
              I've never agreed with you more mate.
              Even if we go down, which we WON'T, Ollie should keep his job and damn well get us back up.
              Déjà Vu.
              2001 all over again?

Comment

Originally posted by norfolk ranger View Post
                Holloway never seems to learn from his mistakes,will be the same shambles under him next year,alienating players and stupid selections and formations, Think we will stay up but not got an ounce of confidence that Holloway will get us to progress,only one-way we are heading under the clown and it ain't upwards
                Originally posted by knocker View Post
                You must be having a laugh. If we go down he's a gonna. If we lose 8 on the spin and somehow survive he should be sacked immediately anyway.
                Originally posted by Kevster269 View Post
                IF we get relegated, IH shouldn't need to be sacked, he should do the decent thing and resign. I know football managers are a pigheaded breed but blimey, he must take responsibility if we end up in League 1 next season??
                I agree with all 3 of you.

Hopefully QPR will stay up because Blackburn lose tomorrow, but me , he should go as his record here has been a huge disappointment with a more than 50% loss rate. Anybody else would have been hounded out by now.

Perhaps the fans should be chanting it just ain't good enough to the tune of Depeche Mode's just can't get enough to try and get the message through to him and TF

Comment

Originally posted by SteveQPR1975 View Post
                  So let's say Holloway way wins the next 2 games will we all want him to stay and carry on a run of wins
                  No. I have seen enough.
                  I thought he would be the wrong appointment and as far as I am concerned I have been proved 100% correct.

He is taking the club backwards and League 1 will be the next destination under his management whether it is this season (unlikely) or next.
                  Last edited by stanistheman; 28-04-2017, 09:02 PM.

Comment

M

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
                    He should be judged not as a former player or manager, but what he's done this season. I'm sorry, it's unacceptable. It's simply not good enough.

We have to get rid of the sentimentality and and look at the cold hard facts. And that applies to Les as well.
                    Spot on. I just wish others were of the same mindset.
                    He is a mediocre manager and his record this season is about the worst I can recall of any manager who has managed more than 20 matches. I think only Waddock might have had a worse record.
                    Last edited by stanistheman; 28-04-2017, 09:02 PM.

Comment

QUOTE=Quaz;1622798]
                      Jesus you would have thought our destiny was in other results
                      Its still in our own hands, some people seem to get a buzz from moaning[/QUOTE]

It is in QPRs hands but they are in freefall and quite frankly the losing streak shows no signs of ending and the team is not even playing well - changing the lineup and formation each game isn't helping.

I think 16 defeats from 28 games is a dreadful record and the constant changes to the team has really p!$$ed off many fans who are voicing their opinions which you happen to refer as moaning.

Comment

So Olly gets sacked, we get a new manager who wants a whole load of new players. How is that going to work? Any manager we get to come here will be told there is no money to spend so most managers will not be interested in that.

Comment

Am amazed how some keep defending the indefensible. Holloway's managerial record is appalling. Bar some purple patches (and I accept there were some highlights) his record is at best poor. A win ratio of never more than 40% at all clubs. How many games have Brighton won this season ?
                          If he stays (?) how is he going to be able to get this team to perform and win probably 50% of the 46 games to have a play off chance. Just can't see it. He was an out of work easy option who beat his chest , kissed the badge, talked about bringing unity but has alienated supporters , called out players and takes no responsibility for our current position. He is responsible and he should be held accountable.
                          Here we are on the eve of the penultimate game hoping Villa do us a favour...shame we switched off after Rotherham isn't it ? A shame or perhaps more like a disgrace perpetuated by this overrated arrogant Manager.

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
                            So Olly gets sacked, we get a new manager who wants a whole load of new players. How is that going to work? Any manager we get to come here will be told there is no money to spend so most managers will not be interested in that.
                            If we did bring in another manager,he may at least have a good style of football to implement on the team. All Holloway knows is to talk shite n play the long ball game.

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
                              Or we could try coaching them and organizing rather than buying new players all the time

Comment

Things are bad but in no way a disaster. If we go down then I accept its a nightmare but it looks unlikely. As it stands I think the only sensible option is to stick with Ollie over summer and see how it goes. My own view is we will see an improvement next year not promotion but more secure than now.
                                I just think the alternative of getting rid of him now is simply not in the club's best interest. We are currently financially constrained both by the faults of the past and ambitions for the future infrastructure so no real money to turn the team round. This has a knock on effect if sacking Ollie as what ambitious manager will want to a club and work under such limitations.

No real alternative to Ollie exists,just throwing out any random name isn't a plan. We've tried top premiership (Hughes), England hopeful (Harry), the novice (Ramsey) and the fresh talented one (jfh) all different types with different styles and funds and all were given sufficient time and all failed in their own way.

The club's in difficulty but has been for a long time, even before SLF or Ollie arrived. We need stability. Whatever ollie's faults he has got experience of promotion so by no means a complete novice or out of his depth to manage us. Over summer the club needs to regroup and no excuses for a poor pre season, the brief moments of good football under Ollie which to be fair were better than I've seen for some time need to be more than glimpses.

A new manager in my view will add little and probably be more turbulent as as a club we are too fragile at the moment to undergo any upheaval. The board seem to be making the ship more steady and haven't done anything reckless for some time. These are difficult times but no need for panic stations, we must hold our nerve. Training ground seems to be moving and the search for a new stadium appears on going. These aren't signs of a disinterested board or club on its last legs.

Get behind the team for the last games starting tomorrow and a ruthless Ollie and staff over summer will hopefully pay dividends.

Comment

Working...
                                X