No announcement yet.

Holloway drops sack hint if we are relegated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We haven't really tried a tried and tested championship manager though. One that's been managing recently too.

Comment

Originally posted by TBLOCKRANGER View Post
      Things are bad but in no way a disaster. If we go down then I accept its a nightmare but it looks unlikely. As it stands I think the only sensible option is to stick with Ollie over summer and see how it goes. My own view is we will see an improvement next year not promotion but more secure than now.
      I just think the alternative of getting rid of him now is simply not in the club's best interest. We are currently financially constrained both by the faults of the past and ambitions for the future infrastructure so no real money to turn the team round. This has a knock on effect if sacking Ollie as what ambitious manager will want to a club and work under such limitations.

No real alternative to Ollie exists,just throwing out any random name isn't a plan. We've tried top premiership (Hughes), England hopeful (Harry), the novice (Ramsey) and the fresh talented one (jfh) all different types with different styles and funds and all were given sufficient time and all failed in their own way.

The club's in difficulty but has been for a long time, even before SLF or Ollie arrived. We need stability. Whatever ollie's faults he has got experience of promotion so by no means a complete novice or out of his depth to manage us. Over summer the club needs to regroup and no excuses for a poor pre season, the brief moments of good football under Ollie which to be fair were better than I've seen for some time need to be more than glimpses.

A new manager in my view will add little and probably be more turbulent as as a club we are too fragile at the moment to undergo any upheaval. The board seem to be making the ship more steady and haven't done anything reckless for some time. These are difficult times but no need for panic stations, we must hold our nerve. Training ground seems to be moving and the search for a new stadium appears on going. These aren't signs of a disinterested board or club on its last legs.

Get behind the team for the last games starting tomorrow and a ruthless Ollie and staff over summer will hopefully pay dividends.

Top post tblock and totally agree
      http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
        We haven't really tried a tried and tested championship manager though. One that's been managing recently too.
        Agree but its one thing to say let's get in a tried and tested but what self respecting tried and tested championship manager would want to come to us now when the kitty's empty and the roof needs mending. We have no divine right to be promoted or attract the finest managers in the league. I'm just looking at the table and if you were a tried and tested championship manager looking for a club we wouldn't be high up on any wish list taking into consideration funds, squad and infrastructure. Club's either similar or worse probably Brentford, Preston, Bristol city, Burton and 5 below (4 of which are relatively big clubs) ..I'm probably being over generous to us. We are not that attractive and probably less so next season with Bolton, blades, Sunderland etc being in the league. As Dirty Harry said "a mans got to know his limitations" ..

Comment

Things are bad but in no way a disaster. If we go down then I accept its a nightmare but it looks unlikely. As it stands I think the only sensible option is to stick with Ollie over summer and see how it goes. My own view is we will see an improvement next year not promotion but more secure than now.
          I just think the alternative of getting rid of him now is simply not in the club's best interest. We are currently financially constrained both by the faults of the past and ambitions for the future infrastructure so no real money to turn the team round. This has a knock on effect if sacking Ollie as what ambitious manager will want to a club and work under such limitations.

No real alternative to Ollie exists,just throwing out any random name isn't a plan. We've tried top premiership (Hughes), England hopeful (Harry), the novice (Ramsey) and the fresh talented one (jfh) all different types with different styles and funds and all were given sufficient time and all failed in their own way.

The club's in difficulty but has been for a long time, even before SLF or Ollie arrived. We need stability. Whatever ollie's faults he has got experience of promotion so by no means a complete novice or out of his depth to manage us. Over summer the club needs to regroup and no excuses for a poor pre season, the brief moments of good football under Ollie which to be fair were better than I've seen for some time need to be more than glimpses.

A new manager in my view will add little and probably be more turbulent as as a club we are too fragile at the moment to undergo any upheaval. The board seem to be making the ship more steady and haven't done anything reckless for some time. These are difficult times but no need for panic stations, we must hold our nerve. Training ground seems to be moving and the search for a new stadium appears on going. These aren't signs of a disinterested board or club on its last legs.

Get behind the team for the last games starting tomorrow and a ruthless Ollie and staff over summer will hopefully pay dividends.
          Good post but the problem with this analysis is that it assumes Ollie will improve for next term. You can have 11 great players but if the boss isn't up to snuff you're gonna struggle, not least because the players loose confidence in him - reading between the lines I'd wager that's already happened. Ollie isn't going to change at this time of life. In many ways staying up with Ollie poses as many questions as going down with him.

Either way, the Ollie appointment wasn't bad luck, it was a bad decision - same with CR and JFH. No hindsight needed sadly.

Comment

Get 'Arry back.

Comment

Agree but its one thing to say let's get in a tried and tested but what self respecting tried and tested championship manager would want to come to us now when the kitty's empty and the roof needs mending. We have no divine right to be promoted or attract the finest managers in the league. I'm just looking at the table and if you were a tried and tested championship manager looking for a club we wouldn't be high up on any wish list taking into consideration funds, squad and infrastructure. Club's either similar or worse probably Brentford, Preston, Bristol city, Burton and 5 below (4 of which are relatively big clubs) ..I'm probably being over generous to us. We are not that attractive and probably less so next season with Bolton, blades, Sunderland etc being in the league. As Dirty Harry said "a mans got to know his limitations" ..
              True but we did have the right man but the mugwump wasn't to much of a muttonhead to see he was a threat to his job

Comment

Originally posted by Ramsgate Hoop View Post
                Disagree. Seen plenty of people be anti Holloway even from the day we appointed him.
                I didn't want him back, and all the reasons have come true. Same old, same old. I don't think we'll go down but we need to get safe today as we'll get nothing at Norwich. If we do go down he needs to be on his bike before we're on the train. As for being the man for next season why do people think it will be any different? If he sees out his two years we are in for a period of mediocrity and frustration at best. You will be reading the same comments on this board in two years' time as you would have been first time around if it had existed then.

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
                  I didn't want him back, and all the reasons have come true. Same old, same old. I don't think we'll go down but we need to get safe today as we'll get nothing at Norwich. If we do go down he needs to be on his bike before we're on the train. As for being the man for next season why do people think it will be any different? If he sees out his two years we are in for a period of mediocrity and frustration at best. You will be reading the same comments on this board in two years' time as you would have been first time around if it had existed then.
                  Absolutely spot on. Will never progress while Holloway is in charge.

Comment

Working...
                  X