Goal difference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goal difference

It won't come to this imho but as there are a few squeaky bums out there at present I thought I'd chuck this into the mix to spice things up even more.
    If we're level on points and it's between us and Blackburn at the end of the season we are almost certainly down. To get to that point they will at the very least have pulled level on goal difference.
    Then it's down to goals scored. That's likely to either be them or we'd be level.
    It's then head to head. They're better off.
    If Blackburn win this weekend and we draw against forest we'd better hope it's a high scoring one, otherwise even my @rse will start going.
    But like I say, I doubt it will come to that
    “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
    Will Danaher

Been saying the same thing since the Bristol game. There is almost zero chance of us finishing above Blackburn if it comes to goal difference.And with Villa and Huddersfield probably not fully at it this weekend, I for one am bricking it.

Comment

Well the bookies see things completely differently but what do they know?
      Oddscheckers have it as follows to be relegated

Blackburn 4/9
      Birmingham 9/4
      Florists 25/1
      QPR 66/1

Even Joey would be tempted by those odds...

Comment

If we lose next two games that'll mean 8 consecutive losses and we'd deserve to go down. I'm not bricking it at all - I'm just looking on with total disgust. I can't stand watching fans leaping about punching the air and celebrating staying up...... what the hell is that about? Unfortunately it's something I've seen quite a few times down the years.

Comment

Originally posted by 12321 View Post
          Well the bookies see things completely differently but what do they know?
          Oddscheckers have it as follows to be relegated

Blackburn 4/9
          Birmingham 9/4
          Florists 25/1
          QPR 66/1

Even Joey would be tempted by those odds...
          THat isn't what the OP is saying though. Of course it's unlikely but a) 1 point will not be enough for us 2) we've lost 6 in a row, so losing to forest is not exactly impossible. We were 250-1 only 2 weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
            If we lose next two games that'll mean 8 consecutive losses and we'd deserve to go down. I'm not bricking it at all - I'm just looking on with total disgust. I can't stand watching fans leaping about punching the air and celebrating staying up...... what the hell is that about? Unfortunately it's something I've seen quite a few times down the years.
            Perhaps they will be relieved and not want to watch League One football next year. I certainly wont be on the pitch but will celebrate if we win.
            If that is ok?

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
              Perhaps they will be relieved and not want to watch League One football next year. I certainly wont be on the pitch but will celebrate if we win.
              If that is ok?
              You did totally misunderstand his post. Read it again.
              QPR
              Best team in the world
              Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                If that is ok?
                Going on the pitch would be embarrassing. We need to agree on some sort of half celebration so that no one enjoys themselves too much and the team know we're happy with the win but we haven't forgotten that we were very unhappy beforehand.

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
                  Going on the pitch would be embarrassing. We need to agree on some sort of half celebration so that no one enjoys themselves too much and the team know we're happy with the win but we haven't forgotten that we were very unhappy beforehand.
                  How about singing "we're $hit but we're staying up"
                  “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
                  Will Danaher

Comment

Originally posted by Itsonlyagame View Post
                    How about singing "we're $hit but we're staying up"
                    Like that ��

Comment

I have always stayed behind and applauded the team around the pitch afterwards but win, lose or draw I am out of there on Saturday as soon as the whistle blows as what i have watched in recent weeks has just not been good enough. It isn't the same scenario as we have had in the past like the 6-0 win v Palace, this is a situation we should not be in now and we really only have ourselves to blame for completely misreading the situation over the last 4 weeks and not giving the respect to our plight that we should have. Thankfully Blackburn have not taken full advantage yet of our 6 game spin and hopefully that will carry on this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                        I have always stayed behind and applauded the team around the pitch afterwards but win, lose or draw I am out of there on Saturday as soon as the whistle blows as what i have watched in recent weeks has just not been good enough. It isn't the same scenario as we have had in the past like the 6-0 win v Palace, this is a situation we should not be in now and we really only have ourselves to blame for completely misreading the situation over the last 4 weeks and not giving the respect to our plight that we should have. Thankfully Blackburn have not taken full advantage yet of our 6 game spin and hopefully that will carry on this weekend.
                        This

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                          it won't be the first time they go around an empty stadium doing a lap of dishonour
                          I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                          This morning's tempest I have to cross
                          I must be guided without a stumble
                          Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Should be an interesting afternoon whatever happens.

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
                              1 point will not be enough for us
                              Only IF:

Birmingham get 4 points or more against Huddersfield and Bristol City
                              Blackburn beat Villa AND Brentford
                              Forest beat Ipswich

That's quite a lot to happen and personally I think Blackburn will get relegated because that is 2 very tough games.

Comment

Working...
                              X