If you were in charge...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you were in charge...?

As we head toward another disappointing finish to a season, and assuming we "hang on" to avoid relegation, what would u do if you were Tony Fernandes to ensure we restore capability and confidence? IMO, here are my top five: (1) Recruit and sign "up the middle" with a new striker, middie, and center back; we've been outplayed there all season; (2) Keep Smithies, Hall, Onouha, Luongo, Freeman, and Manning at all costs; (3) Lose Caulker, Petrasso, Goss, Doughty, Ravel; (4) Keep blood-and-guts Ollie, at least at the start, on the condition he defers to an offensive and defensive coach who can do what he has trouble doing -- consistently fielding a team and a strategy of play; (5) Tell the fans, repeatedly if necessary, that the days of dross ball, mediocre ball, crappy ball will no longer be tolerated -- and that any manager or player who doesn't measure up is out.

Agree except 4. Ollie has been an appalling appointment whichever way you look at it. If I were TF I would be scouting for a new manager now, start interviews as soon as season has finished with a view of an early appointment to give the new person a full pre-season.

Comment

Can't be ditching Goss just yet.

Has had zero chance to show his pedigree because the team around him have been sh1te and so have the tactics by and large.

Ned can stay or go in my opinion, he won't be part of a promotion winning team.

Ollie stays or goes depending on the players reaction in the next two games. Regardless of all else if he's lost the dressing room it's futile keeping him.

5. Would never happen, be great if it did though.

Comment

Goss is that type of player who needs time to get to know his team mates, only then we'll get to see the best of him and his passing.

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
          Goss is that type of player who needs time to get to know his team mates, only then we'll get to see the best of him and his passing.
          Man Utd must rate Goss as they installed a buy back clause in the deal when he joined.

We need to go into next season with Ollie, there's a few players that need to move on but with 3 or 4 additions to this current squad it would be enough to challenge next season.
          I do think that any new signings need to be brought in early ready for the season kick off

Comment

I'd sack holloway after Norwich game ,I think we will stay up by virtue of Brum or Blackburn not doing the business but he was an awful appointment and has been shocking as I fully expected he would be,if he stays it's another relegation battle next season

Comment

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/f...-side-12950304

I would be doing exactly this.

Except i would have thrown the bus at Clement to get him here. Worth the risk in hindsight.

Comment

Fernandes receives some unfair stick. He has always put money in to back his managers and left the footballing decisions to football people. There are others in front of Uncle Tone who deserve flak more than him imo
                I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                This morning's tempest I have to cross
                I must be guided without a stumble
                Into the arms I love the most

Comment

First thing to be done would be to get rid of the DOF and run the club properly, I'd like to get rid of Ollie, but if not T.F needs to tell him if hasn't won at least 5 or 6 of the first 10 games he's gone

Comment

Replace Lynch with another left footed CB, possibly Murray Wallace from Scunthorpe

Replace Bidwell with a better player. Definitely someone faster.

Replace Perch with Furlong in the starting line ups

Sign a squad playing CDM as cover for Cousins when he's back, just in case injuries persist.

Sign a 15/20 goal a season striker. Obviously not as easy as it sounds.

Replace Washington with Conor Chaplin of Portsmouth and possibly get Omar Bogle from Wigan

Get rid of Caulker & Doughty.

Get Eze and the bloke that's scoring for fun in the youth team in and around the firsts

Replace Curtis Fleming the defensive coach

Keep Ollie and let Penrice work his magic
                    My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

Step 1 - on the quiet ie. not telling Les, Ollie or anyone else put feelers out to 5 potential managers. As said before, my first choice would be McInnes at Aberdeen. Tell them we want their whole coaching team and would offer them 4 year deal. Target being to initially solidify us as a championship club. Ask them whether they would work under a DoF. If agreeable, offer contracts to all.

Step 2 - sack everyone else.

Step 3 - sit back and relax.

Comment

If I were TF and we avoided relegation I would crack open a few cans and get the Air Asia girls to give me a Razzle sandwich......woo hoo !

Comment

Keep Ollie?
                          You must be having a laugh.
                          This guy has put us in the precarious position we are in at the moment.
                          Any manager who has had 6 defeats on the trot twice (and more to come?) is extremely lucky to still have a job.
                          Would you seriously consider letting him to still have a job next season.
                          LF has been getting away with some awful decisions over the last couple of seasons and should accompany the Tinkerman on the log slow walk away from the R's.

Comment

If he loses the last two games and I was Ollie, I'd resign...

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
                              Step 1 - on the quiet ie. not telling Les, Ollie or anyone else put feelers out to 5 potential managers. As said before, my first choice would be McInnes at Aberdeen. Tell them we want their whole coaching team and would offer them 4 year deal. Target being to initially solidify us as a championship club. Ask them whether they would work under a DoF. If agreeable, offer contracts to all.

Step 2 - sack everyone else.

Step 3 - sit back and relax.
                              You forgot having a cup of tea and going to the Winchester
                              “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
                              Will Danaher

Comment

Working...
                              X