Idrissa Sylla

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oldskoolturk View Post
    Problem is that Ollie doesn't know how to use him. lynch insists on pumping it long every time, and he's not going to win headers like Matt smith but anywhere from chest down and he will control it.

He's a classic fox in the box. Just need to play him properly by getting proper wide men to get crosses in.

Just think we have 2 good strikers who need wide men and yet we play with no wingers! Ffs!!
    That's because Ollie is a headless chicken of a manager as he was a player until Wilkins taught him what to do.

Comment

Originally posted by march56 View Post
      berbatov a prime example
      As is Ibrahimovic.

I really don't care too much about a striker's workrate as long as they score goals.
      The above strikers plus Defoe and. Lineker plus Clive Allen are prime examples.
      Midfielders are usually the main workers along with fullbacks.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
        Yes, he does know where the net is, but it's a pity that the clueless nut of a manager thinks that dropping him to the bench in favour of Smith is the better option.
        I don't mind Smith either. Good honest player who is a handful at set pieces.

Problem is having Smith in the team encourages us to play a really cr*p brand of football. It was the same when Peter Crouch was here, inevitably we'd just end up hoofing it up to the big fella. I'd sooner Sylla was first choice and Smith was who we called upon when we were chasing a game or need a battering ram of a centre forward!
        Last edited by Tarbie; 25-04-2017, 06:02 PM.

Comment

Idrissa Sylla mods please amend title!

Great player not used to his potential. Olly seems to be one of a long line of managers who rather than employ tactics that suit the strengths of their players, tries to force players into his idea of the best formation. As many have said, we're set up to use wide men, but we always seem to play narrow. Bizarre, to be honest. And frustrating.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
            Idrissa Sylla mods please amend title!

Great player not used to his potential. Olly seems to be one of a long line of managers who rather than employ tactics that suit the strengths of their players, tries to force players into his idea of the best formation. As many have said, we're set up to use wide men, but we always seem to play narrow. Bizarre, to be honest. And frustrating.
            and it may prove very costly too
            I must away now, I can no longer tarry
            This morning's tempest I have to cross
            I must be guided without a stumble
            Into the arms I love the most

Comment

One of the best performances i've seen was Thierry Henry playing for New York against some other #### team.

He was so far ahead of any other player on the pitch. He never once broke into a run, just a jog. Meandering into space. He was left alone the whole game because no one knew where he was! Luckily there enough nouse in the midfield to find him with the odd pass or two, he scored twice.

Lazy and clever performance.

Sylla should be starting, with someone winning the ball in midfield and someone feeding him. I feel like a mixture of Goss/Luongo and Freeman could do this.

Comment

Personally think he's gash. Don't think we have much better though so probably should be playing. However we will need to bring in someone better if we hope to have a more rewarding season next term

Comment

Originally posted by RobertoQPR View Post
                  Personally think he's gash. Don't think we have much better though so probably should be playing. However we will need to bring in someone better if we hope to have a more rewarding season next term
                  Yep ten goals or there abouts in three months when manager rarely gives you a game is gash

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                    That's because Ollie is a headless chicken of a manager as he was a player until Wilkins taught him what to do.
                    Wilkins ??? Rather Holloway than Wilkins , decent player in his day same as Holloway but as far as management Wilkins was kin useless. Paul hart would teach Wilkins a thing or two.
                    Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Originally posted by vanhoop View Post
                      Wilkins ??? Rather Holloway than Wilkins , decent player in his day same as Holloway but as far as management Wilkins was kin useless. Paul hart would teach Wilkins a thing or two.
                      I'm not sure how you interpretated my post, but I meant when he was playing alongside Wilkins he stopped running around like a headless chicken.

Of course Wilkins was a diabolical manager.
                      Last edited by stanistheman; 25-04-2017, 11:05 PM.

Comment

Sylla is easily our most clinical finisher. Works hard for the team too
                        "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                          Yep ten goals or there abouts in three months when manager rarely gives you a game is gash
                          You mean 10 goals all season? Yes I think he's gash. Problem?

Comment

Problems he has not been selected regularly throughout the season though.

Not under JFH and was either injured or dropped under Holloway in December and now in favour of Smith.

Comment

No fella have you?? Again ten goals when hardly selected. What are you views on Washington???

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                                No fella have you?? Again ten goals when hardly selected. What are you views on Washington???
                                Like I said in my original post if you had read it , I think Sylla is better than what we have got (Washington) and probably should be starting but still don't think he's good enough if we want to challenge next season......

Comment

Working...
                                X