Idrissa Sylla

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idrissa Sylla

Does anyone know if Idriss Sylla's goal per minute ratio is comparable to Charlie Austins, when playing for us?

Wow, great question mate.

Comment

Should start Saturday instead of Smith

Comment

I would bet Sylla's is better....

Comment

With a much worse group of players around him. Sylla can look disinterested and lazy but #### me does he know where the net is

Comment

Originally posted by Greg1882 View Post
            With a much worse group of players around him. Sylla can look disinterested and lazy but #### me does he know where the net is
            Went very close on Saturday shortly after coming on too.

IMO, Sylla is a 20 goal a season striker in this division.

Comment

He certainly has got a great predatory instinct. But Ollies problems are that he can't seem to find the winning formula and stick to it which must be ####ing Sylla off something chronic. I mean how can a player that scores almost every time they play not be told they will play more. Defies belief.

Comment

Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post
                He certainly has got a great predatory instinct. But Ollies problems are that he can't seem to find the winning formula and stick to it which must be ####ing Sylla off something chronic. I mean how can a player that scores almost every time they play not be told they will play more. Defies belief.
                Hollowhead stated that sylla does not run around enough, which, including ravel, have been dropped from the starting 11.

clive allen, gary liniker etc etc all banged in more than 30 goals a season without needing to run like a farking border collie.

if it was a choice between the likes of mackie and washington or sylla, i would pick sylla everytime.

its class and ability which is what our team needs, not bloody work horses and chest beaters.
                nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                  Hollowhead stated that sylla does not run around enough, which, including ravel, have been dropped from the starting 11.

clive allen, gary liniker etc etc all banged in more than 30 goals a season without needing to run like a farking border collie.

if it was a choice between the likes of mackie and washington or sylla, i would pick sylla everytime.

its class and ability which is what our team needs, not bloody work horses and chest beaters.
                  I rate him too mate.

Personally I don't mind if a striker looks a little lazy, as long as he knows where the old onion bag is!

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                    I rate him too mate.

Personally I don't mind if a striker looks a little lazy, as long as he knows where the old onion bag is!
                    berbatov a prime example

Comment

Problem is that Ollie doesn't know how to use him. lynch insists on pumping it long every time, and he's not going to win headers like Matt smith but anywhere from chest down and he will control it.

He's a classic fox in the box. Just need to play him properly by getting proper wide men to get crosses in.

Just think we have 2 good strikers who need wide men and yet we play with no wingers! Ffs!!

Comment

Originally posted by oldskoolturk View Post
                        Problem is that Ollie doesn't know how to use him. lynch insists on pumping it long every time, and he's not going to win headers like Matt smith but anywhere from chest down and he will control it.

He's a classic fox in the box. Just need to play him properly by getting proper wide men to get crosses in.

Just think we have 2 good strikers who need wide men and yet we play with no wingers! Ffs!!
                        We have pretty good personnel for a 4-42 with wingers too. Far better than we have for 3-5-2 in my opinion!

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                          We have pretty good personnel for a 4-42 with wingers too. Far better than we have for 3-5-2 in my opinion!
                          Agree. My only thing with 4-4-2 is who to play alongside freeman. I'm a bit old fashioned but I always Think you need a defensive tackler in there next to the creative midfielder. Like Keane with scholes, petit with vieira, even Kante with albrighton last season. To my mind we don't hVe anyone that can do that. Luongo, manning, freeman and goss can all do the box to box bit but we have no one to hold.

Is the only reason why 4-4-2 feel uncomfortable for me

Comment

Originally posted by oldskoolturk View Post
                            Agree. My only thing with 4-4-2 is who to play alongside freeman. I'm a bit old fashioned but I always Think you need a defensive tackler in there next to the creative midfielder. Like Keane with scholes, petit with vieira, even Kante with albrighton last season. To my mind we don't hVe anyone that can do that. Luongo, manning, freeman and goss can all do the box to box bit but we have no one to hold.

Is the only reason why 4-4-2 feel uncomfortable for me
                            We're lacking a combative central midfielder, that's for sure.

You'd have to pick from Manning, Luongo, Goss and Freeman really. Although I think Freeman is lightweight for central midfield in a 4-4-2, I'd probably put him wide right with Pavel or Lua Lua on the other wing!

Comment

Originally posted by Greg1882 View Post
                              Yes, he does know where the net is, but it's a pity that the clueless nut of a manager thinks that dropping him to the bench in favour of Smith is the better option.

Comment

Working...
                              X