Smithies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smithies

He is arguably the best goalkeeper in the Championship and yet has the 4th worse goals conceded at 62.
    Only 4 teams have a worse goal difference and they are the bottom 4.
    If the premise is that he is the best goalkeeper then the defence in front of him must be absolute crop.
    Holloway has a lot to answer for. Team selection and set up must be apalling and as for his constant tinkering
    well don't even go there.

Smithies has a suspect defence in front of him who are not helped by a non-tackling, powder-puff midfield.

Conceded 62 but without Smithies it would be more like 102

Comment

Maybe hes not as good as we all think he is.
      Im not as certain as i was eariier in the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
        Smithies has a suspect defence in front of him who are not helped by a non-tackling, powder-puff midfield.

Well, that's the polite way of describing them.

Comment

I don't think individually the back 5 (include goalie) are bad players. Some are pretty good, some ok. Just need to be organized. We've had worse individuals and looked more solid.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post

couldn't agree more poor defence the only one who looks to have anything is Hall as for the midfield your totally correct no bite whatsoever Luongo,Freeman, they're the type of player when your doing ok they look good but it there's s scrap to be had they go missing

Comment

Get a decent back 4 in front of him and he will excel.

Comment

em

In my opinion ingram is a better goalkeeper so i hope we sell smithies and install ingram,but the goals conceded isnt really down to holloway
                if you get a successfull team like newcastle or brighton as you forage forward,its just one of those things that you dont concede many goals
                the whole problem of our poor team is 100 per cent down to ferdinand he and cris ramsey have created no super strikers
                washingtons real worth is about 500 thousand
                so the total destruction of qpr is all down to evil les
                Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
                  I don't think individually the back 5 (include goalie) are bad players. Some are pretty good, some ok. Just need to be organized. We've had worse individuals and looked more solid.
                  I agree.
                  The defenders last season under Ramsay were just as bad, but instantly improved once Warnock took over. 3 clean sheets in 4 games with only a 94 min pen conceded.
                  That's what a good coach and tactician can do. Numpties like Ramsay and Holloway dish up the crap that concedes 2 per game as standard.

Comment

Goalies get good press when they see alot of action.

Alot of goalies are quite good really but rarely see the headlines as they don't do much.

As said above, our defence is leaky, but it's the midfield where we really seem to lose out, exposes them too often. I think when Grant Hall plays his CDM role well, is when we've played the best.

Comment

I blame Smithies for hiding how bad our defence really has been.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                        I agree.
                        The defenders last season under Ramsay were just as bad, but instantly improved once Warnock took over. 3 clean sheets in 4 games with only a 94 min pen conceded.
                        That's what a good coach and tactician can do. Numpties like Ramsay and Holloway dish up the crap that concedes 2 per game as standard.

Defenders remained the same - Warnock simply got more out of the midfield by playing 11 men behind the ball.

Comment

Working...
                        X