Realistic candidates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by erikmata View Post
    Of course but that is if they don't want him. I'm not a big fan of Ollie myself but my belief is that he will stay and shift the club towards a new long term strategy. If I'm correct about this I actually think that (long term) the club is doing the right thing..
    It's better to end the revolving door. Plus Ollie's payout would be substantial. Too much booting in todays society without thinking of the aftermath.

However, is Ollie the right person to stick with? I'm afraid the jury is out on that one. I maintain he can be, if he plays to his strengths and understands his limitations.

Comment

• Originally posted by topperharley View Post
      It's better to end the revolving door. Plus Ollie's payout would be substantial. Too much booting in todays society without thinking of the aftermath.

However, is Ollie the right person to stick with? I'm afraid the jury is out on that one. I maintain he can be, if he plays to his strengths and understands his limitations.
      I completely agree about this.. But, if he just implement a system the players fit with and play them at correct positions I also believe it doesn't have to be that bad. The jury is out for sure but he did put himself in this mess by shifting things around far to much when he thought we'd stay up, it is normally not necessary in the Championship.

Comment

But, if he just implement a system the players fit with and play them at correct positions I also believe it doesn't have to be that bad.
        Have to agree on this. A few shrewd purchases and loans for players that can suit the preferred system and we should be ok.

Problem is if that system doesnt work - ie Redknapp's failed 3 at the back idea.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
          Have to agree on this. A few shrewd purchases and loans for players that can suit the preferred system and we should be ok.

Problem is if that system doesnt work - ie Redknapp's failed 3 at the back idea.

One can wonder when it worked? 4-4-2, 4-2-3-1, 4-3-3 sure, but 3 at the back with wing backs?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post

Problem is if that system doesnt work - ie Redknapp's failed 3 at the back idea
            Personally I'm not a fan of 3 at the back. Never have been. I see it as a flawed system. If you play out and out pace on the wings against it, teams can get pulled all over the place.

That said, there are a few big teams making it work very well. Look at Chelsea. I'd said start of the season that no team would win the Premier League playing 3 at the back, but how wrong I was. Also Juve in the Champions League. Through to the final playing 3 at the back.

What is important though is having the right personnel. Intelligent, pacy, physical defenders, particularly in the left and right centre back positions. Pacey wing backs that know how to attack. A decent, defensively minded central midfielder (N'golo Kante), to sweep up in front of the back 3.

Our problem is we simply do not have the correct personnel to play this system. We didn't when Harry tried it and we certainly do not right now.

Comment

• Another major overhaul of players is not what's needed at all.

A couple of centre halves, a full back and a striker is all that's needed.

I wouldn't give Ollie free reigns to orchestrate another overhaul in players when he's going to be out of a job by Xmas. We now need a gaffer to come in and work with this squad, not overhaul because they don't fancy a few of them.

Comment

Of course but that is if they don't want him. I'm not a big fan of Ollie myself but my belief is that he will stay and shift the club towards a new long term strategy. If I'm correct about this I actually think that (long term) the club is doing the right thing..
                that`s true, and if he stays I hope he will develop a team and playing style with less tinkering of personell.
                QPR
                Best team in the world
                Sort of

Comment

• Originally posted by Shania View Post
                  that`s true, and if he stays I hope he will develop a team and playing style with less tinkering of personell.

So true! I just hope that if they stick with IH they also stick with the transformation of the club..

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                    Personally I'm not a fan of 3 at the back. Never have been. I see it as a flawed system. If you play out and out pace on the wings against it, teams can get pulled all over the place.

That said, there are a few big teams making it work very well. Look at Chelsea. I'd said start of the season that no team would win the Premier League playing 3 at the back, but how wrong I was. Also Juve in the Champions League. Through to the final playing 3 at the back.

What is important though is having the right personnel. Intelligent, pacy, physical defenders, particularly in the left and right centre back positions. Pacey wing backs that know how to attack. A decent, defensively minded central midfielder (N'golo Kante), to sweep up in front of the back 3.

Our problem is we simply do not have the correct personnel to play this system. We didn't when Harry tried it and we certainly do not right now.
                    Think everyone missed my point.

Redknapp bought players to play the 3 at the back system, then we got torn apart and he never used it again. Was then stuck trying to fit players like Isla into a system they werent bought for.

Comment

Working...
                    X