Realistic candidates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Karanka mentioned afew times.

What does he bring to the team? I don't mean 'successful at this level', that's nonsense, so has Ollie and Redknapp but here they are....

...Why Karanka, what kind of team do we get under his management?

Comment

Well he has recently had success unlike Ollie

Comment

To be honest, I think the glaringly obvious answer is to send Les packing along with Holloway and use both their wages to try and attract a decent manager!

If we are going on the same budget as Holloway with Les still looking over his shoulder, all we will do is hire another failure!

Comment

Originally posted by Qprtanpa1 View Post
          For my money, Ollie the most exciting manager we've had since before Redknapp. Yes, he's got some explaining to do re the constant lineup changes. Yes, hard to understand starting Petrasso and then Goss in back-to-back games where we still need to avoid relegation. Yes, we've lost six games in a row for the second time this season. Maddening. Yet, we are playing better now than we have for a year despite lacking full and necessary talent to pursue the playoffs/promotion. And short of his last needless comment re the fans needing to chin up, he's shown the kind of blood-and-guts drive we haven't seen in forever. IMO, give him the offseason to sign three significant upgrades (striker, center midfield, center back), then give him at least half of the season to show what he can do.
          What planet are you on?
          He's been an absolute disaster.
          Just look at his record.
          Great with the "I love QPR" but what a plonker.
          Couldn't manage a p up in a brewery

Comment

Until Ollie gets the boot its pointless speculating. Who's to say they ever going to sack him.
            Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
              Røsler? He has done well with Fleetwood and Wigan recently.
              Came over well on Chanel 5 on Saturday night could be a good choice

Comment

Would like to see Chris Wilder.

Comment

Crying out for a poll surely?

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
                    Would like to see Chris Wilder.
                    Knowing our chairman, we'd end up with gene wilder
                    nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by Gtleighsr3 View Post
                      Until Ollie gets the boot its pointless speculating. Who's to say they ever going to sack him.
                      Is and isn't.

With numerous threads alluding to wanting Ollie out and one actual Ollie Out!....I'd like to hear who people think would actually be any better.

More importantly, why?

James said above, "Well he has recently had success unlike Ollie" on Karanka. Well that really means bugger all doesn't it? Plenty of managers are good at one club the fail at the next. There are very few fail-safe managers that will do a job everywhere they go. Allardyce (don't like the guy), he is one, but to say he's been successful? What's he won recently? Ollie and Redknapp have more promotions under their belt than he or the aforementioned Karanka.

So what does Karanka bring to the team? Or is he just another name?

I understand Ollie because we needed someone to give us and the players pride in the club again. He did that, but has almost immediately thrown it away. So, what do we need from here?

Comment

Originally posted by topperharley View Post
                        Is and isn't.

With numerous threads alluding to wanting Ollie out and one actual Ollie Out!....I'd like to hear who people think would actually be any better.

More importantly, why?

James said above, "Well he has recently had success unlike Ollie" on Karanka. Well that really means bugger all doesn't it? Plenty of managers are good at one club the fail at the next. There are very few fail-safe managers that will do a job everywhere they go. Allardyce (don't like the guy), he is one, but to say he's been successful? What's he won recently? Ollie and Redknapp have more promotions under their belt than he or the aforementioned Karanka.

So what does Karanka bring to the team? Or is he just another name?

I understand Ollie because we needed someone to give us and the players pride in the club again. He did that, but has almost immediately thrown it away. So, what do we need from here?
                        Karanka unlike holloway has not got a recent relegation under his belt and then a job in TV. Holloway has not had success since 2013. Since then it's been too many failures and he looks a broken man.

Comment

I think we can name who we like but we won't get anyone decent who will work under Les and not have a massive say on players. And record shows that Les has a flawed appointment process. Whether controversial or not since Les arrived he has spoke about a lack of black managers and has proceeded to appoint two. Also two out of the three appointments have been friends of his. I don't think he is capable of appointing the BEST candidate. I know a lot of people will find issues with that and i apologise if it upsets anyone but until i am proved wrong in time i will stick with it. Feel free to use me as a punch bag. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post
                            I think we can name who we like but we won't get anyone decent who will work under Les and not have a massive say on players. And record shows that Les has a flawed appointment process. Whether controversial or not since Les arrived he has spoke about a lack of black managers and has proceeded to appoint two. Also two out of the three appointments have been friends of his. I don't think he is capable of appointing the BEST candidate. I know a lot of people will find issues with that and i apologise if it upsets anyone but until i am proved wrong in time i will stick with it. Feel free to use me as a punch bag. Lol
                            I think you're right Jeff.
                            Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Also if Les had his way Tim nice but dim would also have been here too. And all this makes me wonder if he really does have QPR's best interests at heart or his own employment and popularity.

Comment

Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post
                                I have been pretty pro Les since he joined. However my confidence was significantly dented by him appointing Ollie, which in my view was daft and more to do with being his mate. That Ollie has been a disaster has just added to that unease. If I were the owner I would be asking some serious questions of Les and would want convincing answers.

I could understand Ramsey and JFH appointments but not Ollie. That was even at the time extremely questionable.

Comment

Working...
                                X