Realistic candidates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
    I don't know how a poster can call this a healthy conversation. It's quite upsetting and just shows how ruthless this world has become
    Life is tough mate.

If I performed badly consistently week after week, I'd be sacked. I'm sure it's the same for a lot of guys who post here.

If people can't hack that, they should go live in a kibbutz!

Comment

Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post
      Lol. Jeremy Corbyn and Nicola Sturgeon will also need new jobs soon.
      Not mad keen on those two either...

...but, like Brexit, still yet to find a good candidate and reason over the last 5 pages....just names without solid reasoning.

Just don't see an option other than Ollie that will do better for the club. I still feel he can sort this out, at the very least to get us to a point where we can employ another manager with a good squad, ready to push on.

Comment

Originally posted by topperharley View Post
        Not mad keen on those two either...

...but, like Brexit, still yet to find a good candidate and reason over the last 5 pages....just names without solid reasoning.

Just don't see an option other than Ollie that will do better for the club. I still feel he can sort this out, at the very least to get us to a point where we can employ another manager with a good squad, ready to push on.
        What is wrong with Derek McInnes? Why doesn't he fit the bill for you.

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
          He may well fit the bill. But i'd like some of these mentioned quantified in some way.

Truth is it's alot of devil's advocate becasue most of us have no clue what's actuallt needed and just blurt out names we think might work because we saw a good interview, or he won such and such.

Comment

He may well fit the bill. But i'd like some of these mentioned quantified in some way.

Truth is it's alot of devil's advocate becasue most of us have no clue what's actuallt needed and just blurt out names we think might work because we saw a good interview, or he won such and such.
            He's experienced for such a young manager, with over 400 games. He got st Johnstone promoted to Scottish premier. He's managed in the championship. He kept Bristol city up when bottom when he took over. He then had bad half season. He's had a tight budget at Aberdeen yet they are 2nd behind Celtic. He's known for bringing in youth players......partly because he's had too. Rangers have been linked with him. I feel it's time's right for him to go. If we wanted him, we should bring his whole back room team.

Comment

He's experienced for such a young manager, with over 400 games. He got st Johnstone promoted to Scottish premier. He's managed in the championship. He kept Bristol city up when bottom when he took over. He then had bad half season. He's had a tight budget at Aberdeen yet they are 2nd behind Celtic. He's known for bringing in youth players......partly because he's had too. Rangers have been linked with him. I feel it's time's right for him to go. If we wanted him, we should bring his whole back room team.
              Sounds a little JFH, but ok, sounds alright, What kind of team has he got up at Aberdeen and how do they play? I like the sound of him, but i liked the sound of Jimmy, and he was in my opinion, horrific for this club, worse than Hughes.

Comment

Sounds a little JFH, but ok, sounds alright, What kind of team has he got up at Aberdeen and how do they play? I like the sound of him, but i liked the sound of Jimmy, and he was in my opinion, horrific for this club, worse than Hughes.
                Jimmy had managed less than 100 games before he joined us and 40 of them were at royal antwerp. And most were in League 2 with only 6 months in League 1. Think they are miles apart in terms of experience. From what I''ve seen they are very attacking and play decent football. The weakness for me is their defence (against good sides) but they may be due to fact that Aberdeen just don;t have the finances to go and buy real quality and have to buy cheaper plays and sell them on for a profit.

Comment

I could be wrong, but didn't he fail miserably at Bristol City?
                  As for the Scottish League...well I reckon my nan could do a decent job up there and she knows nothing about football.
                  Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                  Pawel Wszolek - 6
                  Luke Freeman - 6
                  Matt Smith - 6
                  Ebere Eze - 4
                  Joel Lynch - 3
                  Tomer Hemed - 3
                  Toni Leistner - 2
                  Massimo Luongo- 2
                  Angel Rangel - 2
                  Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                  Geoff Cameron - 1
                  Aramide Oteh - 1
                  Jake Bidwell - 1
                  Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                    As for the Scottish League...well I reckon my nan could do a decent job up there and she knows nothing about football.
                    Certainly did. He was utter gash there.

He's done great North of the border though.........but then again, Rod Wallace scored 35 goals in a season in that league so it isn't really a benchmark when it comes to proper football!

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                      He had 1 bad half season. Season before that he kept them up. As for Scottish league, warburton managed Rangers and mcinnes did miles better than him on fraction of the budget.

Comment

The truth is we've missed the boat. At the time of the last three appointments there were some great realistic possibilities.

The managerial cupboard is relatively empty at the moment, we've missed some absolute sitters (listed elsewhere, too depressing to rehash it again).

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                          The truth is we've missed the boat. At the time of the last three appointments there were some great realistic possibilities.

The managerial cupboard is relatively empty at the moment, we've missed some absolute sitters (listed elsewhere, too depressing to rehash it again).
                          Pearson or Pardew would both get us up imo.
                          But knowing us we will leave it till Ollie loses his first 6 or so games on the trot at the start of next season, and by then both will be tucked up in much better jobs,

Comment

I think most of these types of threads are hypothetical. I think there is little chance of us getting a new manager for next season even if the fans are unhappy. I think the management will decide that they have listened to fans enough and are not going to bring in new managers every six or so months.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                              Pearson or Pardew would both get us up imo.
                              But knowing us we will leave it till Ollie loses his first 6 or so games on the trot at the start of next season, and by then both will be tucked up in much better jobs,
                              Is that Pearson who left Derby in 20th this season?

Comment

Whats Mark Warburton up to now?

Comment

Working...
                                X