X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Karanka would have people pining for Jimmy's open expansive total football

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
      I have been pretty pro Les since he joined. However my confidence was significantly dented by him appointing Ollie, which in my view was daft and more to do with being his mate. That Ollie has been a disaster has just added to that unease. If I were the owner I would be asking some serious questions of Les and would want convincing answers.

I could understand Ramsey and JFH appointments but not Ollie. That was even at the time extremely questionable.
      Ollie was, other than a best available appointment, all about getting pride back into the club. Making QPR mean something again. Chest beating. He almost did it. Everyone except maybe Hal and Shania, that i saw, were massively pro Ollie and optimistic before the break. It's a real shame he's managed to lose the last 6 games, we were onto something for a while there.

Still waiting, on this thread, for one of the anti-Ollie's to come up with a credible replacement and why. I'd support a change, if it was for a good reason.

Comment

Cheeky punt fir ranieri.
        Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Give Ollie 10 games into new season if not then

Mc Laren
          Pardew
          Pearson. Who I wanted 3 managers ago

Comment

If Ollie nicks up first 10 games have to right season off again. If he going it got to be summer
            Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by topperharley View Post
              Ollie was, other than a best available appointment, all about getting pride back into the club. Making QPR mean something again. Chest beating. He almost did it. Everyone except maybe Hal and Shania, that i saw, were massively pro Ollie and optimistic before the break. It's a real shame he's managed to lose the last 6 games, we were onto something for a while there.

Still waiting, on this thread, for one of the anti-Ollie's to come up with a credible replacement and why. I'd support a change, if it was for a good reason.

Only two of us? Haha
              Last edited by Shania; 24-04-2017, 06:36 PM.
              QPR
              Best team in the world
              Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by topperharley View Post

Hope momentarily flared in my heart after our mini run! However we have now had two lots of consecutive defeats and I can hardly believe we could do worse than Ollie. I'd rather have Basil Brush in charge at the moment.

In terms of replacements Karanka did well at Boro and was highly thought of out of names on this thread. I'll confess and say I don't keep an eye on lower leagues but could be an up and comer or two. Maybe a foreign coach we don't know about. Must be options.

Ollie was brought in to get club back on track and challenging for promotion. It couldn't have been more of a fark up. Almost looks like he is on a mission to take us down. I can see no reason to keep him. Has been a disaster and signs are will only get worse. We need more than a bit of badge thumping.

From an incoming manager perspective think we are a good prospect, good owners, reasonable squad. We have just made a bad appointment in Ollie which doesn't help our overall credibility.

Comment

I think most of us thought Ollie would be ok as he shows passion but no amount of passion can help if you keep showing ineptitude with changes in so many players and formations as well as tactics. We need a manager that plays on the floor with good passing and moving similar to Fulham dare i say it. And keeps a settled side. Ollie can't even see that lumping it forward bypassing the whole midfield isn't working.

Comment

Healthy and open conversation on this thread so far. Perhaps the better question for Ollie moving forward is simple and obvious: "Why would giving you another season at the helm make a significant difference in the way our team plays, and who plays for it?"

Comment

Francois Hollande is in need of a job. The type of useless k ant we usually employ. And a leftist whom TF the Guardianista will love....

Comment

If Holloway does go...then I hope the club searches far and wide for the right manager,other clubs can identify the likes of Wagner so why can't we. All we go for is the cheap easy option and therefore ends up with a clapped out pundit.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                          Francois Hollande is in need of a job. The type of useless k ant we usually employ. And a leftist whom TF the Guardianista will love....
                          Lol. Jeremy Corbyn and Nicola Sturgeon will also need new jobs soon.

Comment

Originally posted by norfolk ranger View Post
                            If Holloway does go...then I hope the club searches far and wide for the right manager,other clubs can identify the likes of Wagner so why can't we. All we go for is the cheap easy option and therefore ends up with a clapped out pundit.
                            That's cos our recruitment policy is terrible, both for players and staff. Has been throughout the tenure of Tony Fernandes and through the Paladini/Bernie/Flabio era.

Comment

I don't know how a poster can call this a healthy conversation. It's quite upsetting and just shows how ruthless this world has become
                              I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                                That's cos our recruitment policy is terrible, both for players and staff. Has been throughout the tenure of Tony Fernandes and through the Paladini/Bernie/Flabio era.
                                Yeah for years the club has been lazy and amateurish in their recruiting,Hopefully if Penrice comes in over the summer it will help to pinpoint some quality additions....not holding my breath tho!!

Comment

Working...
                                X