Joe Lumley next season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe Lumley next season

not been a great past 6 weeks or so has it so here's something a bit more positive and a future thing to look into.
    one thing i enjoy doing is keeping up with the players we have out on loan by checking their teams match reports and reading their fans forums to get an idea of what our players are doing. comley has been good at grimsby as a ball playing midfielder whilst getting a motm or two along the way whilst shodipo has barely featured for a struggling port vale side since going there on loan which surprises me as port vale are in a freefall atm having not won in 7 games and failing to score a single goal during that time, heck, their past 6 games has mirrored ours except with heavier defeats. you'd have thought they'd need some creative spark in the side not the creative fans who attacked bolton fans yesterday after they lost 2-0 to bolton yesterday (shodipo didn't play and didn't make the bench).

joe lumley went on loan to bristol in january and has arguably been one of if not their best player picking up a few motm awards along the way with his reflexes being almost smithiesesque, heck, his play style as a whole is a lot like smithies except with less coming out of his box. he would certainly be a great replacement for smithies IF a bigger club comes in for him next season and would cost us absolutely nothing too, he even has resale value too for the future.

given the pessimism on the forum over the past few weeks (understandable) i thought i'd do a quick write up with zero grammar on something positive going on. tbh he's a pretty solid keeper as it is and we'll be in a lucky position next season having 3 very good keepers at the club, although i reckon ingram will probably leave as he has the potential to be a good keeper with regular game time, he was the league 2 goalie of the year afterall. i don't want smithies to leave but there's a good chance of it especially if bournemouth's interest in him is true but at least it'd be nice replacing him with someone right out of the academy, an academy that i imo has produced it's best crop of players for 20+ years. i might do a few more brief write ups on our loan players as i like to keep up with our youth team as much as i can.

you might want to improve your "keeping up" efforts as I believe Shodipo was sent back to us with a season ending injury recently, which probably explains why he's not made their bench for the last couple of games .......

Comment

I think we should sell smithies to raise funds to improve our team for next season and make Ingram No 1 and lumley No2.

Comment

Working...
      X