Attack, attack, attack....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attack, attack, attack....

That what's have let us down. Modern football is played differently to what we used to watch 30 years ago. A team to play offensive football must possess the quality of players, can play possession, attack and defend together, can 'pass' the ball to a team mate and take their chances. A good team must have a defending unit that can concentrate and knows what to do when in possession. You do not needs three strikers playing together as who is going to create the chances? When analize the whole situation, I think that JFH was carefull, maybe too carefull not to loose games. But I am sure that under his guidance, we would never have lost six games in a row on two occasions. I feel the worst is coming and only the even more mediocre Blacburn side can save us.

'Modern game' is overly complex that only the top, gifted managers and players seem to be able to understand.

Our station is playing football.

Even Leicester, who i keep going on about, played a very simple strategy last season. They had pace on the counter, so the let other team have the ball and made sure when they were organised, when they got it back they went at the other team like dogs.

We actually did that against Reading. It was a brilliant game from us. Simple counter attacking football full of communication and quality.

Where that team went i have no idea.

Comment

I agree that we played our best game against Reading. And that's how we should have continued to play. However, we cannot accomodate the likes of Smith and play that kind of stuff. Leceister worked so well because they had Vardy, who is fast like a flash and knows were the goal is. They had also Kante, to me one of the best defensive midfielders in the world; and they had, and still have Mahrez, who can create and do things very few players can even imagine on doing. And of course they had these hard working players that never give up. Now compare all this to us. And many big clubs plays with one striker, so as to strenghten the midfield, were most of the games are lost and won.

Comment

Common sense would say we need to go back to 4 5 1 for the last two games does it not to get a draw at least

4 4 2 is not a formation for a relegation battle is it

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
          I agree that we played our best game against Reading. And that's how we should have continued to play. However, we cannot accomodate the likes of Smith and play that kind of stuff. Leceister worked so well because they had Vardy, who is fast like a flash and knows were the goal is. They had also Kante, to me one of the best defensive midfielders in the world; and they had, and still have Mahrez, who can create and do things very few players can even imagine on doing. And of course they had these hard working players that never give up. Now compare all this to us. And many big clubs plays with one striker, so as to strenghten the midfield, were most of the games are lost and won.
          Absolutely agree ref.Smith.

We aren't trying to beat Premier League teams every week so i think we had the personnel to play that way. But you're spot on we can't play that way with Smith as a target man.

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
            And who scored against Reading. The person everybody is now slating.

Comment

Forget who scored. It could have been any other player. It was the overall performance that was so brilliant.

Comment

Agreed Reading and Birmingham best games those players should have started till the rest of the season

Forget this rest them boloxx get safe first then they can have all have a rest and play Jude the cat for all I care

Our position as we speak is down to bad management from top to bottom. Period .

Comment

Working...
                X