Holloway Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
    Here's a question for you. How do Reading select a great up and coming manager from the continent? How do Huddersfield find one of the best up and coming managers in Germany and convince him to move to such a cr*ppy part of the UK? How do Fulham manage to also unearth a great young manager from the continent? In all 3 cases it isn't cos they have a better reputation than us, or a bigger budget.
    This is an excellent point.

I still reckon there is an element of luck and timing involved in getting the right people in. It doesn't always work, for every successful 'find' there are more than likely an equal number of failures.

However for 3 teams in this league to do so well, and us seemingly not even able to try and find managers like this, there has to gaps in how we find them.

Comment

• We thought we had found an up and coming manager in JFH. See how that worked out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kit View Post
        Ollie had won me over after Rotherham game, even though we didn't play that well but he lost me again on Saturday with that interview. I would love him to prove me wrong again but if he feels the way he spoke after Saturday then he is on a very rocky road because he lost a lot of fans after that interview.
        Very poor interview yes, as was Les' about the Newcastle stuff. Need a new PR manager lol

I've still got a feeling. I know things are going very badly at the moment (but again against some very good in form teams) but first time in forever I actually have hope rather than just being fed up with it all.

Stability is what we need. If we stay up (which we should) then we should keep Ollie.
        My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

• Originally posted by topperharley View Post
          This is an excellent point.

I still reckon there is an element of luck and timing involved in getting the right people in. It doesn't always work, for every successful 'find' there are more than likely an equal number of failures.

However for 3 teams in this league to do so well, and us seemingly not even able to try and find managers like this, there has to gaps in how we find them.
          Agreed, but the timing is controlled by us. We didn't need to sack JFH when we did. We could have waited until we had somebody better lined up. In fact, we could even have pulled the plug quicker with the scandal about bungs that was doing the rounds, if it has suited us of course. The fact there was nobody better available at that time is not an excuse. In fact, it's a further indication of our own incompetence, given we chose to pull the plug at that particular moment!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
            Agreed, but the timing is controlled by us. We didn't need to sack JFH when we did. We could have waited until we had somebody better lined up. In fact, we could even have pulled the plug quicker with the scandal about bungs that was doing the rounds, if it has suited us of course. The fact there was nobody better available at that time is not an excuse. In fact, it's a further indication of our own incompetence, given we chose to pull the plug at that particular moment!
            Can't disagree with any of that mate. Hammer, meet nail.

Comment

• We've lurched from one extreme to the other in recent years as well. We're a reasonable size club with a good reputation - who were in the premier league recently.
              I don't like how all of a sudden we are being made to accept by the board that we have to be a club with limited ambitions who can't attract decent players and managers.
              TF and co. have sucked all the ambition out of this club in the last couple of years IMO.

I don't like how I feel like I am being told by the board that we should now be pleased to be staying in the championship with so many 'big clubs' in this league - whilst still paying over £500 for my season ticket.

Why am I being made to feel like we're now a club the size of Burton Albion as opposed to the ambition of getting like and being a club the size that Brighton are now.

I don't like how we are basically being told not to have ambition as fans anymore, and to basically accept that we aren't going to bring players like Jordan Rhodes and managers like Karanka to this club, by the same people that ####ed away any money they should of sensibly spent. Why should the ambition change even if the budget does? Look at Bournemouth.

As a fan I just feel like I've been constantly conned by this ownership and board for the past 5 years now.

Comment

• For every club like Rangers theres a club like Coventry, Blackburn, Blackpool, Orient and Portsmouth a hell of a lot worse off.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                  For every club like Rangers theres a club like Coventry, Blackburn, Blackpool, Orient and Portsmouth a hell of a lot worse off.
                  True, but shouldn't we strive for better?

You could look at any business in any industry (aside from the likes of Microsoft, Samsung, Coca Cola etc.) and say "it could be worse". Fact is that it could be better and given the amount of money thrown at our club in recent years, I don't believe there are any excuses for making elementary mistakes.

Comment

• Just saying we aint that bad off.
                    Bigger clubs than us like Ipswich would love to of had our last ten years.
                    Yeah we can strive to be Chelsea (Apple) and Liverpool (Coca Cola) etc, but we have to remember we are QPR (Lidl).

Comment

For every club like Rangers theres a club like Coventry, Blackburn, Blackpool, Orient and Portsmouth a hell of a lot worse off.
                      Charlton too

Comment

• Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                        We've lurched from one extreme to the other in recent years as well. We're a reasonable size club with a good reputation - who were in the premier league recently.
                        I don't like how all of a sudden we are being made to accept by the board that we have to be a club with limited ambitions who can't attract decent players and managers.
                        TF and co. have sucked all the ambition out of this club in the last couple of years IMO.

I don't like how I feel like I am being told by the board that we should now be pleased to be staying in the championship with so many 'big clubs' in this league - whilst still paying over £500 for my season ticket.

Why am I being made to feel like we're now a club the size of Burton Albion as opposed to the ambition of getting like and being a club the size that Brighton are now.

I don't like how we are basically being told not to have ambition as fans anymore, and to basically accept that we aren't going to bring players like Jordan Rhodes and managers like Karanka to this club, by the same people that ####ed away any money they should of sensibly spent. Why should the ambition change even if the budget does? Look at Bournemouth.

As a fan I just feel like I've been constantly conned by this ownership and board for the past 5 years now.
                        You say wer'e a reasonably sized club I would say we was ! But with Orient going out of the league we could or will find ourselves as London's smallest club with Brentfords new ground underway and Wimbledon plans for a new stadium at plough lane while we exist on promises

Comment

• Originally posted by James1979 View Post
                          Charlton too
                          True.

And i often wonder this, if we had a normal chairman like other clubs with a 12k supporter base, would we expect less, is it his money and spending (and writing off) that makes us all expect more and not ever be happy being a division two club anymore, like we always have been?

Comment

True.

And i often wonder this, if we had a normal chairman like other clubs with a 12k supporter base, would we expect less, is it his money and spending (and writing off) that makes us all expect more and not ever be happy being a division two club anymore, like we always have been?
                            Plenty of examples of small clubs being run well too. Wigan were a great example for years til Dave Whelan got too old and stepped down.

For me personally, I set high expectations of myself and those around me. I only work with well run companies and set very high expectations of providers that my company works with.

God knows what went wrong when I picked my football team!
                            Last edited by Tarbie; 25-04-2017, 08:42 PM.

Comment

• I reckon Bournemouth are the only club our size to have done better than us in recent history.
                              So yeah, we have mucked it up royally but we have had some really good times with 'Fark Off TF'.

Comment

• Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                                Look at Bournemouth.
                                Didn't Bournemouth get fined for FFP recently ? Russian bloke pumped loads of money in to get them promoted?

Comment

Working...
                                X