No announcement yet.

Holloway Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He got voted Millwall,s worst manager ever with over 7.500 votes. Not a massive amount of voters I know but how many voters would you get on here? Nowhere near that amount.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
      It's out the hat now the fans have turned. There have been three camps those who never rated him nor wanted him back, those willing to give him a chance and those who love and rate him and agreed with appointment. Feels like the ones willing to give him a chance have had enough and are seeing him for what he actually is
      Right now I just can't be bothered with another management and personnel change, aswell as another squad overhaul. It's ####ing boring now.

Is it as boring as getting beaten week on week? No it's not.

Just want him to be good. I maintain the squad is good enough, afew additions in the summer and it'll compete.

Is he the right guy to do it? These last two games have a hammer hovering over a nail about to get whacked into a coffin.

Comment

Originally posted by 1cliveallen View Post
        He got voted Millwall,s worst manager ever with over 7.500 votes. Not a massive amount of voters I know but how many voters would you get on here? Nowhere near that amount.
        7500 Millwall fans can read and write shock.

Comment

I hope Holloway puts his hand up and walks. Just not good enough
          I must away now, I can no longer tarry
          This morning's tempest I have to cross
          I must be guided without a stumble
          Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by topperharley View Post
            Right now I just can't be bothered with another management and personnel change, aswell as another squad overhaul. It's ####ing boring now.

Is it as boring as getting beaten week on week? No it's not.

Just want him to be good. I maintain the squad is good enough, afew additions in the summer and it'll compete.

Is he the right guy to do it? These last two games have a hammer hovering over a nail about to get whacked into a coffin.
            I agree with this post. Changing has become boring but it's because, Warnock aside, we select the wrong managers.

I think we can lose the next two and as long as we stay up he will remain but he then has to come out the blocks next season firing as if he don't he will be gone as 8 defeats end of this season and two defeats start of next is ten in a row

Ollie has the power to change this by playing settled side and regular formation but will he??

Comment

2 six defeats in a row slumps in the space of a few months,no other club would still have him,we will probably stay up even if it's 8 defeats in a row simply because I don't think Blackburn will win their 2 games,we will probably finish 4th or 5th bottom team,that's a major step backwards for this club. We need stupid Les to go first,then holloway and hopefully then we might have some chance for next season

Comment

There is a lot of fans who blame Fernandes and make no mistake he has to take his share, but is he really different from many fans. The reality is whilst fans love their club they have absolutely no qualifications or knowledge to say who should or should not be appointed as managers/coaches or indeed who we should buy. Fernandes just behaves like the vast majority of fans and brings in either big names or whoever he thinks might do a job, bit like a real champ manager game!

Anyone with a semblance of knowledge would have realized Holloway and a Bircham were not the answer, but so many on here were wetting themselves when Holloway started shouting at players, loving the passion, really! The same when Bircham started singing on the touch line, again what passion, lets be honest it's Sunday league stuff.

Sorry but many of our fans are simply getting exactly what they would have done. Unfortunately we have a board who are too easily influenced by so called big names, the closed shop that sees failing ex pros continue to make a living in the managerial merry go round and their own lack of any sort of football knowledge or qualifications, just like the vast majority of fans.

Comment

Originally posted by rickyranger View Post
                  There is a lot of fans who blame Fernandes and make no mistake he has to take his share, but is he really different from many fans. The reality is whilst fans love their club they have absolutely no qualifications or knowledge to say who should or should not be appointed as managers/coaches or indeed who we should buy. Fernandes just behaves like the vast majority of fans and brings in either big names or whoever he thinks might do a job, bit like a real champ manager game!

Anyone with a semblance of knowledge would have realized Holloway and a Bircham were not the answer, but so many on here were wetting themselves when Holloway started shouting at players, loving the passion, really! The same when Bircham started singing on the touch line, again what passion, lets be honest it's Sunday league stuff.

Sorry but many of our fans are simply getting exactly what they would have done. Unfortunately we have a board who are too easily influenced by so called big names, the closed shop that sees failing ex pros continue to make a living in the managerial merry go round and their own lack of any sort of football knowledge or qualifications, just like the vast majority of fans.

Plenty of other clubs do get it right though - Brentford being a prime example. On the subject of Holloway, I don't know a single Rs fan amongst my lot who wanted him back. Not one. In fact we were all amazed when he got the job but we obviously all rallied around and wanted him to do well despite our concerns. Unfortunately those concerns have proved to be entirely justified. We have a management team of Holloway, our DOF, Bircham, the coach we took from HARTLEPOOL(???), and Ramsey is still on the books of course. Where else would that crew get a job? What other club would hire that lot? It is not very hard to see why we are in our current predicament is it? I don't think the team is that poor - but look who is running it...

Comment

Brentford with nothing to play for smashed us!!!!!! Just putting it out there as we have been led to believe having nothing to play for made losing week in week out acceptable. Why can Brentford still play at their optimum but we cannot

Comment

Brentford with nothing to play for smashed us!!!!!! Just putting it out there as we have been led to believe having nothing to play for made losing week in week out acceptable. Why can Brentford still play at their optimum but we cannot
                      Because holloway has lost the dressing room - it's as simple as that

Comment

Originally posted by Northolt_Rs View Post
                        Plenty of other clubs do get it right though - Brentford being a prime example. On the subject of Holloway, I don't know a single Rs fan amongst my lot who wanted him back. Not one. In fact we were all amazed when he got the job but we obviously all rallied around and wanted him to do well despite our concerns. Unfortunately those concerns have proved to be entirely justified. We have a management team of Holloway, our DOF, Bircham, the coach we took from HARTLEPOOL(???), and Ramsey is still on the books of course. Where else would that crew get a job? What other club would hire that lot? It is not very hard to see why we are in our current predicament is it? I don't think the team is that poor - but look who is running it...
                        Think alot of it comes down to fortunate timing of appointments and signings. Warnock was the right man, at the right time, he's not a great manager, but he knows what he can do and his limitations. Same as players like Clint or Derry, not great but in the right team can become so.

We've had a mix of bad timing and bad decision making. You could say one leads to another. The guys up top and those on the ground are equally culpable.

No one really knows whats going to work, we might click next year or never again.

One thing is for sure though, we need to start playing better football. I for one thought that was one of Ollie's mandates.

Comment

Are we better side now or more entertaining then we were under previous incumbent

Comment

Are we better side now or more entertaining then we were under previous incumbent
                            Neither. We showed glimmers of being both, but never capitalised, so maybe it was just poor opposition making us look better?

Though i think the squad is far better and has good potential in the right hands, with the additions we all collectively speak of.

Comment

Gonna judge Holloway when we have something to play for. Kept us up so done his job that jfh failed to do
                              I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                                Gonna judge Holloway when we have something to play for. Kept us up so done his job that jfh failed to do
                                What? How did JFH fail to keep us up?
                                You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Working...
                                X