Squad not good enough

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gtleighsr3 View Post
    The only good thing about the prem is the money. And we normally pish that away quick enough.we struggle to compete in the bottom 6 in the prem so personally think it's a waste of time going up for us. That is if we ever find ourselves in a promotion place

gonna be a long long time before we go back up.

the one thing i love about the championship, is the midweek games.

its all action week in and week out, whereas, the prem league just feels so plastic.

of course i want us to be playing in the highest league as possible against the best but it all just feels so sterile.
    I agree with you. I hated the Premier League but, like it or not, that's the top league in this country and it's where we should want to be.
    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
    Pawel Wszolek - 6
    Luke Freeman - 6
    Matt Smith - 6
    Ebere Eze - 4
    Joel Lynch - 3
    Tomer Hemed - 3
    Toni Leistner - 2
    Massimo Luongo- 2
    Angel Rangel - 2
    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
    Geoff Cameron - 1
    Aramide Oteh - 1
    Jake Bidwell - 1
    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

i would put question marks behind Robinson, Lynch and Lua Lua`s names when it comes to injuries.. whoever we have in our squad, they need to be fit to play,imo.
      Last edited by Shania; 21-04-2017, 09:54 PM.
      QPR
      Best team in the world
      Sort of

Comment

Fickle post.

This is a reasonable squad, capable of laying a challenge to play offs. Proven by a host of capable performances, even if we were on the wrong end of the result, since January.

Comment

Originally posted by topperharley View Post
          Fickle post.

This is a reasonable squad, capable of laying a challenge to play offs. Proven by a host of capable performances, even if we were on the wrong end of the result, since January.
          Really?
          QPR
          Best team in the world
          Sort of

Comment

The squad is nowhere near to challenge for play offs next season, We need at least 4-6 quality players to push on next year. If we don't bring in the right sort then I expect another battle near the bottom.

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
              Really?
              Yes, really.

Too much doomsday. By challenge i mean top half, 6-10. With the additions most of us agree on, CB, DM, Striker, all of high quality, we can absolutely push on further than that too.

Our current predicament stems from what it has since relegation under Hughes, confusion and lack of confidence in the message trying to be conveyed by the manager, this relatively young team has plenty of talent and i've seen them play very well this season, the quality is there.

Don't get me wrong, we're not brilliant and we aren't winning leagues and i don't see us as ready for promotion until consistency sets in. But have the potential to be far better than our league position.

Comment

We are not Leicester, but for a while, before they won the league, we were above them, we have been competitors.

When they went from rock bottom of the league, doomed to fail, to winning the biggest league in world football, what changed?

They brought in quite afew players after hiring Claudio, but only 4 made realistic contributions to a side that saw less than 30 changes all season, Kante, Okakzaki, Fuchs and Dyer. All of them relatively average to a top premier league team, before going on that incredible run.

Claudio decided what worked and brought the players in to make that happen. They weren't wholesale changes. It could have very easily gone the other way, football is both more simple than some think it and also far more complicated. More and more i think it's irrelevant how much a player is worth or the gravitas, reputation and record of a manager. It's a confidence game and one of understanding that you need to push together as a team.

My point is, as QPR fans we seem to be looking for this fix that involves such and such out and such and such in, when that, i think has been the very reason for our woes. This season is the first time i've seen this club play the way i think i remember them playing, the way the should, confident, quick, attacking, even if only for fleeting moments. We should be trying to stick to the principles we found in those games. If we had, i don't think we would be having this conversation.

Comment

Originally posted by bradrangers View Post
                  From front to back I really dont think this squad is capable of achieving anything higher than mid-table next season.

Its quite clear that to be a force in this league you have to have a striker capable of scoring 15+ goals a season, something that we just dont have. Washington fair play to him has improved under Holloway and is getting better and better but I just cant see him being that player.

Midfield is just not good enough, its clear that we need a Shaun Derry type midfielder to come in. Ive lost count the amount of times we've lost the game in midfield this season. Manning and Freeman are both a breathe of fresh air and luongo is improving a lot but still lacking that player to do the dirty work.

Back 4 again not good enough for me, Bidwell is sometimes solid sometimes poor but does he do enough? Centre halves I think are good enough for this division, just need to find a consistent pairing and stop swapping them around every game. Onuoha and Hall for me, Lynch as backup. Right back Furlong seems to have made his own and is improving with every game, good enough to make a promotion push though?

Goalkeeper, best player and one of the top in the division.

I get that our big spending days are over and that its not the way forward for this football club, but I cant help but think the board need to realise that you can spend money just spend it wisely. This squad is not good enough and does not have enough quality to compete in the top 6. If we dont spend on some quality this summer I cant see that changing. Mid-table for me next season, whoever is in charge.
                  To be fair i get where your coming from, i don't rate ned as skipper one bit we need Derry type player to do the graft which is why hall has been shoved in midfield, Hall needs to be in CB pairing with whoever, trouble is with ollie he wants sylla to be a round and chase everything and he aint interested in that but the guy scores goals in the box end of the day lineker hardly put himself about but scored at will. but our biggest problem is ollie he needs to go you guys are my 1st 11 and stick with it each time he's rotated we get beat, now i understand injuries midweek etc etc you gotta have more but you don't need to make 6 changes if washington is fit he don't need a rest him and wszolek can run marathons day after day and still be fresh Washington's a confidence player he gets 1 hits 4-5 on the spin sitting him on the bench knocks him down. top 6 isn't beyond possibility but meeting about to much might see us struggle for no reason again.

Comment

Playing football way we used too???? We play route one long ball football with tiny bit of passing inbetween

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                      Playing football way we used too???? We play route one long ball football with tiny bit of passing inbetween
                      Used to, yes, a long time ago, and to an extent 2010. We played very well in several matches this season. As i said, fleeting moments.

We are indeed playing 'route one long ball with a bit of passing in between' at this point in time, seems a fall back when the players don't know what to do and Smith is upfront. Hence Freeman's visible frustrations. Perhaps it's the lack of communication in the middle of the park, or lack of confidence from the back four and midlfield that we can infact run at players and pass the ball on the floor.

Comment

Need to splash out on a top striker in this league if we want to go up. Assombalonga would be my first choice but no chance of him signing.
                        "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Irrespective of next 2 games, I am at a total loss to predict next season. Could be relegated or top half. No idea how some seem to have such confidence that we'll be comfortably mid table

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
                            Irrespective of next 2 games, I am at a total loss to predict next season. Could be relegated or top half. No idea how some seem to have such confidence that we'll be comfortably mid table
                            It's blind loyalty because there desperate for Ollie to be a success which I can actually get as im fed up changing msnager

Comment

This squad is more than capable than competing in this league. The problem is we have enough a village idiot pulling the stings and picking the side!

Comment

Working...
                              X