Match Officials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Match Officials

They seem to be getting worse even at the highest level.

In the chamionship,in the premiership and now the champions league.

Last night Real v Bayern chronic decisions bordering on looking fixed.

Tonight Barca v Juve nearly as bad the ref is missing so much.

Doesnt bode well for the future of the game

Then add in the cheating behaviour of the likes of that scumbag Ashley ####ing Young, and yes, it ain't that bright a future for the beautiful game.
    Last edited by cross it Dave; 19-04-2017, 09:21 PM.
    I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

the linesman in the bayern game should never be involved in football again . the cheating / diving is ruining the game , all the big clubs are guilty of it blame the managers they should fine their own players but it's never going to happen

Comment

Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post
        Then add in the cheating behaviour of the likes of that scumbag Ashley ####ing Young, and yes, it ain't that bright a future for the beautiful game.
        I'd love to see him snapped in half.

Comment

The penalty given to Ross county against Celtic takes some beating.
          Can't get a link but worth a look for anyone wanting a laugh.
          “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
          Will Danaher

Comment

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39616654

About 3:20 in

Originally posted by Itsonlyagame View Post
            The penalty given to Ross county against Celtic takes some beating.
            Can't get a link but worth a look for anyone wanting a laugh.
            I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

I blame the players more than the officials. It's not as if they're making their jobs any easier by cheating, and yes deliberate diving to fool a referee into giving a foul IS cheating.

If retrospective video evidence proves they've dived then fine the player, club or even deduct points, and it'll soon eradicate the blight on the sport. People have been calling for that for years no but nothing has happened, so you have to question why the powers that be do nothing when if they wanted to resolve the problem overnight they very easily could.

Comment

Originally posted by Hertford Hoop View Post
                Cheers Herts
                “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
                Will Danaher

Comment

That Ross County dive was disgusting and yes, blame the player for cheating, but what was the ref thinking! He is in a perfectly good position to see there was no contact and just lost the plot.

Beyond that though, you cannot blame anyone other than officials for some of the farcical events in recent times.
                  Champions league quarter finals are covered by some of the best referees available in Europe and yet the level of incompetence displayed was laughable.

Add Stroud, who simply didn't know a basic rule of the game and the numerous decisions of balls being across the line yet not given and multiple awful performances by officials and there is a huge problem in the game. Yes, introduce retrospective evidence for the cheats, but you will still experience shocking decisions by incompetent officials day in day out.

I've seen all but three of our games this season and I'm struggling to recall a game where the referee and his officials had a good game, in fact, more often than not, we come away from games utterly bemused by the decisions given for both teams.
                  #standuptocancer
                  #inyourfacecancer

Comment

They are getting worse and the players are becoming more and more sly, recipe for disaster. I can count on one hand how many good refs we've had this season, most of the refs are either whistle happy or miss things. Yes theyre only human and im sure they dont want to be crap so technology really really needs to be advanced more than what it is now to the point that refs are more like puppets than refs coz its clearly not working!

Comment

the powers that be , that run the game won't and change anything ... as long as they are well paid why rock the boat

Comment

Working...
                      X