Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 51

Thread: Logically

  1. Default

    Originally Posted by Cjskinz
    I think I'll leave the rest of the forum to explain this one
    Good question from Shania. Don't assume rest of the forum will agree with your personal views of Henry

    Not as if we have become noticeably better side without him unless you can evidence otherwise

  2. #32

    Default

    Originally Posted by West Acton
    Good question from Shania. Don't assume rest of the forum will agree with your personal views of Henry

    Not as if we have become noticeably better side without him unless you can evidence otherwise
    We havent lost 6-0 since hes gone!!!

  3. Default

    Originally Posted by corbray
    We havent lost 6-0 since hes gone!!!
    And that's the only defence?

  4. #34

    Default

    Originally Posted by West Acton
    And that's the only defence?
    Nah i was being tongue in cheek. Personally i didnt like henry, he was too slow, negative and didn't offer anything to the team that was unique to him, add that to how much he passed the ball back and overabundance of midfielders then why would you play him? Our 3 best center mids are freeman, manning and luongo and i wouldnt drop any of them for henry tbh

  5. Default

    Ok get some of what you say but general opinion is we have no enforcer in the middle hence why dudes walk through us so if that's addressed one of those three won't be playing. Accept Henry is the past but Manning on recent viewing is not the man we can hang our hat on next season (decent squad player) as he's been really poor. Reckon he passed backwards twice as much as Henry

  6. #36

    Default

    Manning isnt an enforcer type player though, hes more of a modern midfielder in that he can do anything etc. Imo manning will be a good prem player one day.
    Luongo is more so our enforcer type player and hes far better than henry tbh, theres still a lot of work that needs to be done

  7. Default

    The problem which people are overlooking goes deeper than messing around with set ups.

    Even when we tonk the opposition (ie Rotherham) transitions are poor, support play negligible (no triangles, lack of movement) and we look horribly vulnerable against width. It's all there. These things could be corrected, but I see no sign of it.

  8. Default

    Originally Posted by corbray
    Luongo is more so our enforcer type player
    Which is one of the biggest problems we have when we play someone decent.

  9. Default

    Originally Posted by West Acton
    Good question from Shania. Don't assume rest of the forum will agree with your personal views of Henry

    Not as if we have become noticeably better side without him unless you can evidence otherwise
    Henry cost us quite a few goals. Poor passing, poor marking. He literally adds nothing to the team. He won't run as much as Freeman, Luongo or Manning. He won't play as many forward passes as the three mentioned. He won't drive forward with the ball as much as Freeman or Luongo. I would be surprised if the stats show he makes more successful tackles or interceptions than Luongo as well.

    Manning, Freeman and Luongo are all much younger and being used for the future, as well as helping create more exciting football and flair that we have being crying out for. Karl Henry offers nothing what any of the other 3 can do.

    Also, he slated Holloway when he first came in and that's that. He won't get in the team purely on that basis.

    I'm not sure where the opinion has come from that Karl Henry is suddenly a player we need back in the set up. Find it ludicrous. Next people will be crying out for Barton to come back...
    My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

  10. #40

    Default

    Originally Posted by Shania
    Give it a rest now!!
    What are you on about? I was just praising their posts, not criticising yours!

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    6,294
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Originally Posted by corbray
    Manning isnt an enforcer type player though, hes more of a modern midfielder in that he can do anything etc. Imo manning will be a good prem player one day.
    Luongo is more so our enforcer type player and hes far better than henry tbh, theres still a lot of work that needs to be done
    If Luongo is our enforcer then we are in big trouble. The guy can't tackle and is about as tough as a bowl of rice pudding!

    An enforcer is a Roy Keane or Paul Ince or even Shaun Derry. Not a soft, mediocre midfielder who doesn't know whether he wants to attack or defend.
    Co-Founder of the Dubai R's
    Follow me on Twitter @Tarbie82

  12. #42

    Default

    Originally Posted by Tarbie
    If Luongo is our enforcer then we are in big trouble. The guy can't tackle and is about as tough as a bowl of rice pudding!

    An enforcer is a Roy Keane or Paul Ince or even Shaun Derry. Not a soft, mediocre midfielder who doesn't know whether he wants to attack or defend.
    I agree with that, i like luongo and he does put in motm performances from time to time but sometimes i dont think hes what we need right now

  13. Default

    Hall has cost us loads of goals this season possibly more then anyone else but everyone loves and never utters a bad word in his direction

    As for forward passes from Manning watch him closely next game. Majority of his passes go backwards and the ones which go forward he usually loses ball or hoofs it long his distribution is shocking, but he's young so benefit of the doubt, but please don't big him up like he's the answer as baring great open few games he's been at best poor
    Last edited by West Acton; 20-04-2017 at 04:09 PM.

  14. Default

    Originally Posted by Tarbie
    If Luongo is our enforcer then we are in big trouble. The guy can't tackle and is about as tough as a bowl of rice pudding!

    An enforcer is a Roy Keane or Paul Ince or even Shaun Derry. Not a soft, mediocre midfielder who doesn't know whether he wants to attack or defend.
    I think you'll find Luongo makes plenty of tackles, never shies away from them either. Extremely good at intercepting the ball as well. Agree however that we need someone made of stone there. Was going to suggest Cousins could be the man but injuries are quite worrying
    My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

  15. Default

    Originally Posted by West Acton
    Hall has cost us loads of goals this season possibly more then anyone else but everyone loves and never utters a bad word in his direction

    As for forward passes from Manning watch him closely next game. Majority of his passes go backwards and the ones which go forward he usually loses ball or hoofs it long his distribution is shocking, but he's young so benefit of the doubt, but please don't big him up like he's the answer as baring great open few games he's been at best poor
    Agree Hall has cost us a few goals. Again, human error, not Holloway's fault which is my original point

    I watch every game, and i watch every game closely (otherwise there's no point watching). He plays the simple ball, retains possession and now and then will try something creative. Henry will not try something creative. Plus Manning covers a lot more ground. He has been off the boil of late though. Haven't said he's the answer though. He does take bookings when he needs to as well which is quite smart play, Henry just gets them for poor challenges.
    My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •