Logically

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logically

Defensive coach was an extremely poor appointment.
    Individual errors on the pitch are being punished by opposition scoring.
    Strikers are unfortunately not good enough
    Changing the team up so often is not going to help with consistency (which the club has been crying out for in all aspects for many years)
    Some players are just not good enough to be in a top half championship team in my opinion - won't mention any names.
    When Freeman isn't on fire, we aren't.

HOWEVER

You can't blame Ollie for Ned losing the ball v Brighton and Lynch stepping up, nor can you blame him for the free kick. Nor can you blame him for Bidwell slicing the ball in to Perch or Sylla standing 5 yards behind our defensive line (lino wouldn't have given offside anyway because he was shocking) v Sheff Weds

Chery still one of our top scorers I think? Keeping a stable strike force (when fit) should yield more goals, unless Ollie thinks they aren't good enough and is trying to protect them by changing them all the time. If Washington played all these games and hadn't scored then it would have been 0 goals in 8 games (not a stat just example) rather than none in 4 if he's on the bench every other game

Changing the team up was working perfectly well before the international break, so it is difficult to see what has gone on there.

All that, and atmosphere is much better and even when we play sh*te we still look like we can get in back in to the game.

Could be wrong with all this, just not enjoying reading the message boards saying it's all Ollie's fault.
    My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

It's funny because the appointment of Curtis Fleming was being praised after our run of wins. I think going forward has been our main issue recently

Comment

Of course it's Holloways fault, he changes winning teams, he constantly changes formations during a match, at least 5 times on Saturday,he plays people out of position,Bidwell as centre half Saturday was a big mistake as Perch has played there before.
      He usually waits until we are 1 or 2 down then throws on every attacker we have, however forgets to include a winger when Smith and Sylla thrive on crosses.
      Personally given up with Holloway and Bircham, both clueless and we will stagnate with them in charge, it is the same old Holloway as last time, stupid comments, tactically poor and should never have been taken back, sentiment and badge kissing won the day.

I must say Rangers fan are very tolerant of crap managers when they are popular ex players, 6 straight defeats, now another 5 loses and counting and we listen to Holloway saying we are not that far away from being a good team, well after watching Saturday I would say we are at least 6 players away, to include a whole new defends, bar Hall.
      Last edited by Romford Hoop; 19-04-2017, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Romford Hoop View Post
        Of course it's Holloways fault, he changes winning teams, he constantly changes formations during a match, at least 5 times on Saturday,he plays people out of position,Bidwell as centre half Saturday was a big mistake as Perch has played there before.
        He usually waits until we are 1 or 2 down then throws on every attacker we have, however forgets to include a winger when Smith and Sylla thrive on crosses.
        Personally given up with Holloway and Bircham, both clueless and we will stagnate with them in charge, it is the same old Holloway as last time, stupid comments, tactically poor and should never have been taken back, sentiment and badge kissing won the day.

I must say Rangers fan are very tolerant of crap managers when they are popular ex players, 6 straight defeats, now another 5 loses and counting and we listen to Holloway saying we are not that far away from being a good team, well after watching Saturday I would say we are at least 6 players away, to include a whole new defends, bar Hall.

Comment

I think main issue with defence is significantly impacted by the four playing ahead of them. We're always exposed in recent times because midfield offer no shield or protection

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
            I think main issue with defence is significantly impacted by the four playing ahead of them. We're always exposed in recent times because midfield offer no shield or protection
            Been saying it since the transfer window. we need an enforcer......a Shaun Derry type of player. Borysiuk must have taken a sh*t on Ollie's desk on his first day or something to get sent packing without another player of that ilk incoming.

That said, I think this is only half the problem. 3 at the back doesn't suit us. We are toothless in attack and so easy to defend against. This system leaves us with no option but to hoof it up to Smith. Also, half the time we don't have enough fit centre halves for the system and end up playing Perch and/or Bidwell in there which neither are built for.

Ollie needs to stop trying to be Pep Guardiola, pick a tried and tested system with players playing in their natural positions and get back to having a good go.
            Last edited by Tarbie; 19-04-2017, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Ultimately manager has to take responsibility for the team performance and results.
              It's a pity we are messing on the pitch now as I feel the club as a whole is going in the right direction now. And I don't mean League 1.
              Last edited by Timmy the Doc; 19-04-2017, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                Absolutely bang on.

We somehow have a midfield that can't track and make tackles when defending and can't get enough crosses into the box when attacking.

Comment

The main issue is a lack of tactical suss. No point in quoting specific examples yet again.

Wouldn't be surprised if they hadn't lost a bit of confidence, the ranting and raving can not disguise incompetence.

Comment

Originally posted by Cjskinz View Post
                    Defensive coach was an extremely poor appointment.
                    Individual errors on the pitch are being punished by opposition scoring.
                    Strikers are unfortunately not good enough
                    Changing the team up so often is not going to help with consistency (which the club has been crying out for in all aspects for many years)
                    Some players are just not good enough to be in a top half championship team in my opinion - won't mention any names.
                    When Freeman isn't on fire, we aren't.

HOWEVER

You can't blame Ollie for Ned losing the ball v Brighton and Lynch stepping up, nor can you blame him for the free kick. Nor can you blame him for Bidwell slicing the ball in to Perch or Sylla standing 5 yards behind our defensive line (lino wouldn't have given offside anyway because he was shocking) v Sheff Weds

Chery still one of our top scorers I think? Keeping a stable strike force (when fit) should yield more goals, unless Ollie thinks they aren't good enough and is trying to protect them by changing them all the time. If Washington played all these games and hadn't scored then it would have been 0 goals in 8 games (not a stat just example) rather than none in 4 if he's on the bench every other game

Changing the team up was working perfectly well before the international break, so it is difficult to see what has gone on there.

All that, and atmosphere is much better and even when we play sh*te we still look like we can get in back in to the game.

Could be wrong with all this, just not enjoying reading the message boards saying it's all Ollie's fault.

Have to agree!

Like drossball and the pe teacher, i don't blame Ollie.

It's the burks who appointed the halfwits that are to blame in my eyes.
                    nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

But can you not see there is something there? Tactically? Away at Newcastle & away at Reading were two tactically brilliant games from Holloway.

I agree that Sheff Weds was a shambles though, could see it wasn't working in the first 5 minutes.

Away at Reading and Leeds 0-0 draw were the only times in ages we haven't conceded.

I think if i'm brutally honest - Perch is a liability red card waiting to happen EVERY game. Lynch is reasonably good in the air but gets turned inside out, gives away pointless free kicks and distribution is abysmal. Bidwell is a steady 6/10 every game but occasionally goes below that, never above. Ned is Ned, think he has played quite well recently. Robinson not reliable due to injuries. Furlong looks alright. And then we get Hartlepool's defensive coach?

Midfield there's no real help to the full backs as we aren't playing with wingers - which is what we were doing when we were winning.

If Ollie wasn't here we wouldn't have got Freeman who I think we can all agree is class and makes us move forward and excites the crowd.

Can some really not see how much better the football is? How much more our players care? How much better the atmosphere is, even when we are losing?? I think we owe Ollie more praise than what some are giving him on here
                      My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

But can you not see there is something there? Tactically? Away at Newcastle & away at Reading were two tactically brilliant games from Holloway.

I agree that Sheff Weds was a shambles though, could see it wasn't working in the first 5 minutes.

Away at Reading and Leeds 0-0 draw were the only times in ages we haven't conceded.

I think if i'm brutally honest - Perch is a liability red card waiting to happen EVERY game. Lynch is reasonably good in the air but gets turned inside out, gives away pointless free kicks and distribution is abysmal. Bidwell is a steady 6/10 every game but occasionally goes below that, never above. Ned is Ned, think he has played quite well recently. Robinson not reliable due to injuries. Furlong looks alright. And then we get Hartlepool's defensive coach?

Midfield there's no real help to the full backs as we aren't playing with wingers - which is what we were doing when we were winning.

If Ollie wasn't here we wouldn't have got Freeman who I think we can all agree is class and makes us move forward and excites the crowd.

Can some really not see how much better the football is? How much more our players care? How much better the atmosphere is, even when we are losing?? I think we owe Ollie more praise than what some are giving him on here
                        Wise words . Mainly agree and I suffered the Bristol game.

Comment

I am shocked with the level of abuse Holloway gets. The fans that made it clear they never wanted him will always look to shoot him down. I will judge him next season but I really have a feeling we will be top 10
                          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                            Been saying it since the transfer window. we need an enforcer......a Shaun Derry type of player.
                            He's never really been replaced, has he.

Agreed. There is something there and OVERALL things have improved since JFH. He needs to return to the team / style he played during that 7 game unbeaten run. He over-experimented after that and unfortunately it backfired, so hopefully he's learn't his lesson from that.

Comment

Originally posted by Romford Hoop View Post

Agreed. Particularly last paragraph.

Comment

Working...
                              X