Table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
    53 points is always regarded as safety point,I was convinced we were safe with 50 points with 8 games to go,surely we would win a few more to finish in a respectable position but it hasn't happened that way and now unless we win 1 of our last 3 games there is a very good chance we will be relegated. No matter what happens now,I don't have any faith in Ian Holloway, awful and lazy choice as manager by stupid Les (again)
    Only in order to justify the hysteria.

The facts on the other hand suggest differently as there have been only two occasions in the last ten years where 53 points was the threshold for safety. The figures below would guarantee safety by 1 point (so not even account for goal difference).

15/16 = 41 points
    14/15 = 42 points
    13/14 = 44 points
    12/13 = 55 points
    11/12 = 41 points
    10/11 = 43 points
    09/10 = 48 points
    08/09 = 47 points
    07/08 = 53 points
    06/07 = 43 points
    05/06 = 43 points

So no, 53 is not always regarded as the safety point and, indeed it seldom is.
    #standuptocancer
    #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post

The facts on the other hand suggest differently as there have been only two occasions in the last ten years where 53 points was the threshold for safety. The figures below would guarantee safety by 1 point (so not even account for goal difference).

15/16 = 41 points
      14/15 = 42 points
      13/14 = 44 points
      12/13 = 55 points
      11/12 = 41 points
      10/11 = 43 points
      09/10 = 48 points
      08/09 = 47 points
      07/08 = 53 points
      06/07 = 43 points
      05/06 = 43 points

How dare you apply facts and logic to this argument.

Comment

49 points for safety this season.

Comment

It is funny how Brentford and Villa will have such a say in who goes down.
          Brentford play us and Blackburn at home. Villa play Brum and home and Blackburn away.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post

15/16 = 41 points
            14/15 = 42 points
            13/14 = 44 points
            12/13 = 55 points
            11/12 = 41 points
            10/11 = 43 points
            09/10 = 48 points
            08/09 = 47 points
            07/08 = 53 points
            06/07 = 43 points
            05/06 = 43 points

lalalala-listening.jpg

Comment

the game that will decide our fate imho is Forest at home

We need Blackburn to lose one game or draw 2, if they win all 3, we are down unless we beat Forest comfortably as I cant see us winning at Norwich and this Saturdays game is too unpredictable to call

We have a 5 goal advantage over Blackburn at the moment but playing Brentford and Norwich could change that to minus 5 quite easily

Stats indicate that the likelyhood is that Blackburn,Burton and Birmingham will draw two of their last three games so we'd be safe, but when you are fighting at the foot of the table it often goes your way. In games involving QPR and Forest 74% result in a win with only 26% of games ending in a draw

Its tight but my gut feeling is we will be safe by 5pm Sat, either through our draw at Brentford of Wolves beating Blackburn

The main issue here though is that we should never have been in this position anyway
              22nd February away v Charlton is the 40th Anniversary of my support of QPR and my first game. Away v Chelsea 3-3 23rd Feb 1974. 40 years of pure magic!!

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                It's no exaggeration to say we're very poor and inconsistent, the Ollie fanboys don't want to face the obvious truth. A manager - even Ollie - has to earn respect from the moment he gets the job, and his record with us this time round is poor - look at the stats. History and sentiment mean nothing in terms of capability as I pointed out before he was appointed.

Talking of fanboys, what happened to Pinkie? Some people were so full of themselves when the old boy managed to string a few results together, they've gone awful quiet recently.

Haha here we go again lol, im just sitting back watching all the negative pram throwers again, funniest comment westy binning manning lol, so obvious our season was over even though agree ollie should of kept his first team going to get another win or two to guarantee being safe, but it was ending up a boring season with nothing to play for, & it was dead on here when we was doing so well before this bad run, so its now made it more entertaining & seeing the usual negativity & toys chucking out of the pram, its quite funny almost even though ollies definately gone overboard on changes, but think hes got aggravated by players switching off thinking its all over, hence all the changes! tbh id be fuming if i was ollie, but ill still be having a tipple on us next season, seen enough to know what we`ve got!
                http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Welcome back Pinks where you been

Comment

Welcome back pinkie brother

Comment

Thanks westy, i know away for a few games and look whats happened, manager wests got rid of manning on a free season was safe but obviously not, shouldnt of happened & the players need a rokkit up there arrises!

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
                        Welcome back pinkie brother
                        Thanks young corbs, back to the frontline as needed

Comment

Players really having downed tools and taken the p iss

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                            How dare you apply facts and logic to this argument.
                            The logic isn't 100%.

As recently as 2013 TWO sides were relegated with >50 points. I still think relegation unlikely, and I still think the Chairman management team and DoF would fvck up Juve.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                              Players really having downed tools and taken the p iss
                              Totally agree westy as we know what they are capable of! so can understand ollie going mad at them, they need wages deducted for taking the hit & miss tbh mate!

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                                Haha here we go again lol, im just sitting back watching all the negative pram throwers again
                                Welcome back. I was just curious since you were so very keen on pointing out what you saw as other posters' misjudgements ;)

I've seen better gaffers get the push, and next term wont be any easier. Keep taking the tabs!

Comment

Working...
                                X