Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Holloway getting ruined on twitter

Originally Posted by qprted
    Sylla should always be in that starting format
    No Ted, he really shouldn't.
    When all is said and done, what's left to talk about and what will we do?

2. Default

Originally Posted by brightonr
    I think this is the crux of the matter. If he had kept a settled side, we would definitely not have lost 5 on the spin.

Therefore, logic suggests that Holloway's decisions have led to the situation we now find ourselves in. Quite aside from the fact that it's not on to be treating us paying fans in such a way, I can't really see how it has helped any future planning. Surely it should have been perfectly obvious by now who he wants to keep and who he doesn't.

This nonsense simply has to stop right now. If it doesn't, there shouldn't be any surprises at all should he find an increasing number of people turning against him. I'm rapidly heading towards that scenario, which is a shame. The good news is it's a situation that can be very easily solved.
    What situation? We aren't in a blo ody situation. I totally get why he's tried fringe players and clearly shows they aren't up to it
    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Originally Posted by Ginger Ninja
    We are not going down ffs. Even if we lose our remaining games, Blackburn would need to turn on promotion form, and given that they've won 9 games all season that just isn't going to happen. Get a bloody grip people!
    Jimmy, top OP and I agree with you. Even the bit about Ollie'a record being worrying compared to previous managers. I do think that, given a full pre season, he can turn it round.
    If we don't get another point there's a fair chance that if Blackburn win 2 out of last 3 games, not impossible, it will be enough to take them above us on goal difference and we would be hoping someone else Cocks it up. We need a point from somewhere.

Originally Posted by WeAreQPR12
    What situation? We aren't in a blo ody situation. I totally get why he's tried fringe players and clearly shows they aren't up to it
    I don't think that's totally fair, too many of them have been brought into to revolving formations and tactics. They might be up to it if brought into a settled 8-9 players, playing in a similar style. I'm definitely an Ollie fan but the last five games have been down the way he's set the team up to play. Despite that there have been some positives i guess.

I agree with the general sentiment that we should have gotten to 53/54 points before trying these big swap arounds. I don't think we ae going down but why on earth would we even risk it? I guess he thought we would pick up one win or two, maybe a draw. Well, we haven't, which makes the last two team selections, silly.

5. Default

I think we all frustrated with Holloway , did I want him no but I back him , for me I feel he trying too be too clever with formation etc , this league is tough and look at Brighton , Burnley last too champions and us when we won it all three has too solid banks of 4 I think if Holloway goes back too basic plays a simple 442 your find he get everyone back on track
    I mean smithies
    Furlong onouha hall Robinson
    Pavel mass goss freeman
    Washington smith
    Ok not gonna win the league but will get the points you could even drop Connor in the hole , get the ball wide etc . Holloway with these systems players seem confused

Consider the top ten in the league. How many of our players would get in those sides. Maybe Smithies, Freeman and perhaps Luongo. We have OK players but we won't compete for the play-offs next year without significant changes which we're not going to get.

Originally Posted by johnp
    Consider the top ten in the league. How many of our players would get in those sides. Maybe Smithies, Freeman and perhaps Luongo. We have OK players but we won't compete for the play-offs next year without significant changes which we're not going to get.
    Nah, the squad is potentially very good. Team's can look much better than their individual components. Could easily say the same for the Leicester team overperiods in he last 3 years. From woeful to champions to woeful to topping the form table....

...The squad doesn't look good on current form, or on paper, but there's enough there if you look at the way it's played, at times, this season.

8. Default

Agree with Topperharley. Look at Huddersfield, for example. Every football pundit in the country ranked us above them.

Blog Entries

Originally Posted by topperharley
    Nah, the squad is potentially very good. Team's can look much better than their individual components. Could easily say the same for the Leicester team overperiods in he last 3 years. From woeful to champions to woeful to topping the form table....

...The squad doesn't look good on current form, or on paper, but there's enough there if you look at the way it's played, at times, this season.
    Bang on mate.

Happens so frequently in football that a group of players can equal more than the sum of their individual parts. We saw it in our promotion season under Warnock. We have also seen the other end of the spectrum first hand, where players that are good on paper can come together to make an awful team.

What is for sure is that you won't get anywhere without strong leadership. This can come in the way of tactical nous (like the current Huddersfield team) or born totally out of team spirit.......or indeed a combination of the 2. Unfortunately we'll have to hang onto the prospect of Ollie getting the team bouncing, tactically we aren't even top 10 in this league!
    Last edited by Tarbie; 18-04-2017 at 06:32 PM.
    Co-Founder of the Dubai R's
    Follow me on Twitter @Tarbie82

10. Default

It's all a bit like Brexit, and the Tories calling another election. Could well shoot themselves in the foot.
    Looks like Holloway is getting a sick buzz from his massive gamble of dicing with relegation( we will stay up.... JUST).
    Everywhere you look in the world is instability.... is Holloway unstable?? Some of his interviews
    are a bit manic to say the least.
    This is all about QPR as a club, not a few individuals and their twisted ego's.

Game 44
    Bristol City
    v Barnsley
    Burton v Leeds
    Villa v Brum
    Forest v Reading
    Wolves v Blackburn

Game 45
    Brighton v Bristol City
    Barnsley v Burton
    Birmingham v Huddersfield
    Blackburn v Villa
    QPR v Forest

Game 46
    Bristol City v Birmingham
    Burton v Reading
    Forest v Ipswich
    Brentford v Blackburn

With Rotherham already gone and Wigan who can't catch us it leave 5 teams who could get more points than us. Can anyone see 4 of these 5 teams winning all their games (or finishing above us)?

Realistically Blackburn must win all 3 games and we must lose all 3. I just can't see us going down.
    Hoops since 1973

Originally Posted by Ed the Ball
    It's all a bit like Brexit, and the Tories calling another election. Could well shoot themselves in the foot.
    Looks like Holloway is getting a sick buzz from his massive gamble of dicing with relegation( we will stay up.... JUST).
    Everywhere you look in the world is instability.... is Holloway unstable?? Some of his interviews
    are a bit manic to say the least.
    This is all about QPR as a club, not a few individuals and their twisted ego's.
    This!!
    QPR
    Best team in the world
    Sort of

Originally Posted by Hertford Hoop
    Game 44
    Bristol City
    v Barnsley
    Burton v Leeds
    Villa v Brum
    Forest v Reading
    Wolves v Blackburn

Game 45
    Brighton v Bristol City
    Barnsley v Burton
    Birmingham v Huddersfield
    Blackburn v Villa
    QPR v Forest

Game 46
    Bristol City v Birmingham
    Burton v Reading
    Forest v Ipswich
    Brentford v Blackburn

With Rotherham already gone and Wigan who can't catch us it leave 5 teams who could get more points than us. Can anyone see 4 of these 5 teams winning all their games (or finishing above us)?

Realistically Blackburn must win all 3 games and we must lose all 3. I just can't see us going down.
    We should stick those fixtures in a separate thread.

Why do Blackburn need to win 3? If we lose 3 then 2 wins is enough.

If forest beat us and Ipswich, then they'll top us

City could be safe by time they play brum