Clear All

Originally posted by qprted View Post
    Sylla should always be in that starting format
    No Ted, he really shouldn't.
    #standuptocancer
    #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
      I think this is the crux of the matter. If he had kept a settled side, we would definitely not have lost 5 on the spin.

Therefore, logic suggests that Holloway's decisions have led to the situation we now find ourselves in. Quite aside from the fact that it's not on to be treating us paying fans in such a way, I can't really see how it has helped any future planning. Surely it should have been perfectly obvious by now who he wants to keep and who he doesn't.

This nonsense simply has to stop right now. If it doesn't, there shouldn't be any surprises at all should he find an increasing number of people turning against him. I'm rapidly heading towards that scenario, which is a shame. The good news is it's a situation that can be very easily solved.
      What situation? We aren't in a blo ody situation. I totally get why he's tried fringe players and clearly shows they aren't up to it
      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
        We are not going down ffs. Even if we lose our remaining games, Blackburn would need to turn on promotion form, and given that they've won 9 games all season that just isn't going to happen. Get a bloody grip people!
        Jimmy, top OP and I agree with you. Even the bit about Ollie'a record being worrying compared to previous managers. I do think that, given a full pre season, he can turn it round.
        If we don't get another point there's a fair chance that if Blackburn win 2 out of last 3 games, not impossible, it will be enough to take them above us on goal difference and we would be hoping someone else Cocks it up. We need a point from somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
          What situation? We aren't in a blo ody situation. I totally get why he's tried fringe players and clearly shows they aren't up to it
          I don't think that's totally fair, too many of them have been brought into to revolving formations and tactics. They might be up to it if brought into a settled 8-9 players, playing in a similar style. I'm definitely an Ollie fan but the last five games have been down the way he's set the team up to play. Despite that there have been some positives i guess.

I agree with the general sentiment that we should have gotten to 53/54 points before trying these big swap arounds. I don't think we ae going down but why on earth would we even risk it? I guess he thought we would pick up one win or two, maybe a draw. Well, we haven't, which makes the last two team selections, silly.

Comment

I think we all frustrated with Holloway , did I want him no but I back him , for me I feel he trying too be too clever with formation etc , this league is tough and look at Brighton , Burnley last too champions and us when we won it all three has too solid banks of 4 I think if Holloway goes back too basic plays a simple 442 your find he get everyone back on track
            I mean smithies
            Furlong onouha hall Robinson
            Pavel mass goss freeman
            Washington smith
            Ok not gonna win the league but will get the points you could even drop Connor in the hole , get the ball wide etc . Holloway with these systems players seem confused

Comment

Consider the top ten in the league. How many of our players would get in those sides. Maybe Smithies, Freeman and perhaps Luongo. We have OK players but we won't compete for the play-offs next year without significant changes which we're not going to get.

Comment

Originally posted by johnp View Post
                Consider the top ten in the league. How many of our players would get in those sides. Maybe Smithies, Freeman and perhaps Luongo. We have OK players but we won't compete for the play-offs next year without significant changes which we're not going to get.
                Nah, the squad is potentially very good. Team's can look much better than their individual components. Could easily say the same for the Leicester team overperiods in he last 3 years. From woeful to champions to woeful to topping the form table....

...The squad doesn't look good on current form, or on paper, but there's enough there if you look at the way it's played, at times, this season.

Comment

Agree with Topperharley. Look at Huddersfield, for example. Every football pundit in the country ranked us above them.

Comment

Originally posted by topperharley View Post
                    Nah, the squad is potentially very good. Team's can look much better than their individual components. Could easily say the same for the Leicester team overperiods in he last 3 years. From woeful to champions to woeful to topping the form table....

...The squad doesn't look good on current form, or on paper, but there's enough there if you look at the way it's played, at times, this season.
                    Bang on mate.

Happens so frequently in football that a group of players can equal more than the sum of their individual parts. We saw it in our promotion season under Warnock. We have also seen the other end of the spectrum first hand, where players that are good on paper can come together to make an awful team.

What is for sure is that you won't get anywhere without strong leadership. This can come in the way of tactical nous (like the current Huddersfield team) or born totally out of team spirit.......or indeed a combination of the 2. Unfortunately we'll have to hang onto the prospect of Ollie getting the team bouncing, tactically we aren't even top 10 in this league!
                    Last edited by Tarbie; 18-04-2017, 06:32 PM.

Comment

It's all a bit like Brexit, and the Tories calling another election. Could well shoot themselves in the foot.
                      Looks like Holloway is getting a sick buzz from his massive gamble of dicing with relegation( we will stay up.... JUST).
                      Everywhere you look in the world is instability.... is Holloway unstable?? Some of his interviews
                      are a bit manic to say the least.
                      This is all about QPR as a club, not a few individuals and their twisted ego's.

Comment

Game 44
                        Bristol City
                        v Barnsley
                        Burton v Leeds
                        Villa v Brum
                        Forest v Reading
                        Wolves v Blackburn

Game 45
                        Brighton v Bristol City
                        Barnsley v Burton
                        Birmingham v Huddersfield
                        Blackburn v Villa
                        QPR v Forest

Game 46
                        Bristol City v Birmingham
                        Burton v Reading
                        Forest v Ipswich
                        Brentford v Blackburn

With Rotherham already gone and Wigan who can't catch us it leave 5 teams who could get more points than us. Can anyone see 4 of these 5 teams winning all their games (or finishing above us)?

Realistically Blackburn must win all 3 games and we must lose all 3. I just can't see us going down.
                        I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by Ed the Ball View Post
                          It's all a bit like Brexit, and the Tories calling another election. Could well shoot themselves in the foot.
                          Looks like Holloway is getting a sick buzz from his massive gamble of dicing with relegation( we will stay up.... JUST).
                          Everywhere you look in the world is instability.... is Holloway unstable?? Some of his interviews
                          are a bit manic to say the least.
                          This is all about QPR as a club, not a few individuals and their twisted ego's.
                          This!!
                          QPR
                          Best team in the world
                          Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Hertford Hoop View Post
                            Game 44
                            Bristol City
                            v Barnsley
                            Burton v Leeds
                            Villa v Brum
                            Forest v Reading
                            Wolves v Blackburn

Game 45
                            Brighton v Bristol City
                            Barnsley v Burton
                            Birmingham v Huddersfield
                            Blackburn v Villa
                            QPR v Forest

Game 46
                            Bristol City v Birmingham
                            Burton v Reading
                            Forest v Ipswich
                            Brentford v Blackburn

With Rotherham already gone and Wigan who can't catch us it leave 5 teams who could get more points than us. Can anyone see 4 of these 5 teams winning all their games (or finishing above us)?

Realistically Blackburn must win all 3 games and we must lose all 3. I just can't see us going down.
                            We should stick those fixtures in a separate thread.

Why do Blackburn need to win 3? If we lose 3 then 2 wins is enough.

Comment

If forest beat us and Ipswich, then they'll top us

Comment

City could be safe by time they play brum

Comment

Working...
                                X