Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 36

Thread: Clueless and

  1. #16

    Default

    Originally Posted by MattyRangers
    Shocking, again. Outrageous amount of formations in a game , starting to really pi$$ me off tbh.
    Only just starting to?

    The man is clueless and so is the man who appointed him.

  2. Default

    Ian Holloway said Idrissa Sylla and Matt Smith got their positioning wrong after Smith was brought off the bench during QPR’s loss to Sheffield Wednesday. Holloway said: “When we’ve got the two big ‘uns on, and you’re running out of time, you need to play them on opposite sides so that wherever you are you can drop a diagonal ball in and get Conor Washington and other people running in on it. "It caused all sorts of issues. You can’t have Matt and Sylla on the same side!”

    Says the man who made the f acking sub..... FFS. To coin a phrase.

  3. Default

    Originally Posted by Rangers77
    Ian Holloway said Idrissa Sylla and Matt Smith got their positioning wrong after Smith was brought off the bench during QPR’s loss to Sheffield Wednesday. Holloway said: “When we’ve got the two big ‘uns on, and you’re running out of time, you need to play them on opposite sides so that wherever you are you can drop a diagonal ball in and get Conor Washington and other people running in on it. "It caused all sorts of issues. You can’t have Matt and Sylla on the same side!”

    Says the man who made the f acking sub..... FFS. To coin a phrase.
    Makes you wonder what goes on in our so called training when they can't sort something as so simple as this. Holloway no doubt just stands there shouting and trying to be funny

  4. Default

    Originally Posted by Rangers77
    Ian Holloway said Idrissa Sylla and Matt Smith got their positioning wrong after Smith was brought off the bench during QPR’s loss to Sheffield Wednesday. Holloway said: “When we’ve got the two big ‘uns on, and you’re running out of time, you need to play them on opposite sides so that wherever you are you can drop a diagonal ball in and get Conor Washington and other people running in on it. "It caused all sorts of issues. You can’t have Matt and Sylla on the same side!”

    Says the man who made the f acking sub..... FFS. To coin a phrase.

    What about pulling them both to side of the pitch during one of the many stoppages and directing them if their both to thick to work it out

  5. Default

    Originally Posted by West Acton
    What about pulling them both to side of the pitch during one of the many stoppages and directing them if their both to thick to work it out
    After about seventy minutes Ollie was shouting and gesticulating in the technical area and not one player was looking at him or taking notice of him. He was shouting at Washington and waving his arms about at him and Washington looked furious. I'm not an Ollie out fella, but Jesus I've little confidence in him, tbh. Today he was totally out to lunch.

  6. #21

    Default

    Why the surprise? We've all seen it before with Olly. A leopard don't change it's spots and all that. Always been a 'schizophrenic' manager - i.e. you're never sure which one you're going to get - the careful planner and motivator or the bloke who thinks he's Bristol's answer to Antonio Conte.

  7. #22

    Default

    To me we lack structure and any creativity. Kick off is pass back and launch to 2 lads who have charged down right wing. We saw that before, when Ollie targeted ainsworth. 2nd half whilst better was also very disorganized. We really lack some physical presence in midfield. We should stay up still but what's worrying us that can you honestly see us kicking on next season? It's a complete lottery. Maybe Ollie lies what he's doing, but cannot see how anyone can see that in games we've played

  8. Default

    Only benefit of this scatter gun approach to selection and formations is we clearly have no clue what's going on so opposition are as much in the dark

  9. #24

    Default

    It seem`s like we need a another assistant manager. What about Kevin Jackett? Is he available?
    QPR
    Best team in the world
    Sort of

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    on the edge ( of Croydon)
    Posts
    6,077

    Default

    Originally Posted by upperloft
    Just think we won't have to do this at the start of next season. We will go straight in knowing what players, tactics and formation we will be using.
    and that is the point ,frustrating as it is now , we can hit the ground running next season
    Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

  11. #26

    Default

    Originally Posted by Rangers77
    No change was prompted by injury.
    Umm, not quite. Hall and Onuoha were injured. Just saying.

  12. #27

    Default

    holloway doesn't know what he had for breakfast the fella is a complete mess , the defence was all over the place players moving around . let's have it right sheff weds were not much better . thought we were clueless again

  13. Default

    Originally Posted by Stanley
    Umm, not quite. Hall and Onuoha were injured. Just saying.
    No Stan. Changes to the line out he put out. None of the in match changes were down to injury.

  14. #29

    Default

    Originally Posted by Rangers77
    No Stan. Changes to the line out he put out. None of the in match changes were down to injury.
    Ah, see what you mean now 77. Yes, fair point.

  15. Default

    Originally Posted by Stanley
    Ah, see what you mean now 77. Yes, fair point.
    Am not joining the Ollie out mob, but am genuinely perplexed at and frustrated with today's selections.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •