Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 27 of 27

Thread: Smith

  1. #16

    Default

    Originally Posted by topperharley
    This x 100.

    Because he isn't good enough to play lone striker and very few in the country are. Hope Ollie doesn't try that again.

    Smith should be a hold up guy from the start if we need, or off the bench, that rotates from another striker, alongside a poacher.


    I thought the whole point of bringing smith in was to partner him with Washington and ollies barely done that which bemuses me. As you said to play smith as a lone striker just doesn't make sense to me. Certainly from the start of games anyway.

  2. Default

    If you have Smith as lone striker you need 2 wingers that are going to put the ball in the box for him to attack all day.

  3. Default

    Lynch is a massive part of the problem - he's awful under pressure, so lumps up there every single time.

    I do feel a bit sorry for Smith, the last few games I've been to where him and Washington have been up top, Washington is always miles away from him, so any flick on is wasted.

  4. #19

    Default

    drop lynch and smith or tell them they have team mates

  5. Default

    Originally Posted by kenthoop
    Lynch is a massive part of the problem - he's awful under pressure, so lumps up there every single time.

    I do feel a bit sorry for Smith, the last few games I've been to where him and Washington have been up top, Washington is always miles away from him, so any flick on is wasted.
    Begs question what do they work in in training. Also God question Washington or whoever is playing with Smith as if you know ball is going to get launched why are you not play around or off your partner

  6. Default

    Bit concerning that Smith seems to be plan A now, rather than a different option.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Ashford, Middx.
    Posts
    25,015
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Originally Posted by Norths
    Bit concerning that Smith seems to be plan A now, rather than a different option.
    Personally don't see anything wrong with that at all, Smith is a handy player. As west says above, it begs the question wtf do we work on in training. Smith and Washington up top together could and should work well and would be my first choice strike force .
    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

  8. Default

    Handy option no doubt, and while my opinion of him has changed somewhat from when there was talk of signing him, he is extremely limited. This means our team falls into the trap of playing one dimensional, predictable football.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Ashford, Middx.
    Posts
    25,015
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Originally Posted by Norths
    Handy option no doubt, and while my opinion of him has changed somewhat from when there was talk of signing him, he is extremely limited. This means our team falls into the trap of playing one dimensional, predictable football.
    Know what you're saying norths, but given where we are as a club, I think having a little and large forward pairing is more than adequate. Teams like Fulham (who play far better football than we can) will only ever utilise Smith as a bit part player because they can afford to, whereas we can't employee a 'silky football' plan A as we simply aren't good enough .
    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

  10. Default

    Thought we played some decent stuff with Cilla or Denzel up top just before Smith became a permanent fixture in the team.

    Of course, since then we've also seen Pawal come in and out of the team, as well as Mackie (both played a big part during that run).

  11. Default

    Originally Posted by 72bus
    drop lynch and smith or tell them they have team mates
    This. Fine Lynch every time he aimlessly wellies it forward.

  12. #27

    Default

    Originally Posted by 72bus
    drop lynch and smith or tell them they have team mates
    Smith is doing fine if we play to his strengths with decent wing play and crosses. He's no Zamora though. Holding the ball up with back to goal is not his game.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •