No announcement yet.

Serious question!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The best thing about our club is the owners. They seem to financially back us and want the best for the club and fans. They may not have made the right decisions but it has been with right intentions. For those that want change of ownership, have a look at charlton (listen to "getting to know the network") or have a read about Coventry and their owners Sisu. Be careful what you wish for. Bad managers or not even very good ones could get us relegated (we haven't had a good one since warnock) but bad owner could destroy us.

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
      The best thing about our club is the owners. They seem to financially back us and want the best for the club and fans. They may not have made the right decisions but it has been with right intentions. For those that want change of ownership, have a look at charlton (listen to "getting to know the network") or have a read about Coventry and their owners Sisu. Be careful what you wish for. Bad managers or not even very good ones could get us relegated (we haven't had a good one since warnock) but bad owner could destroy us.
      Great post !

Comment

Ollie has had two clean sheets in his 26 games and we have the best goalkeeper in the division.

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
          This. Sure its not great losing, it gives me a downer for the rest of the week. Yesterday aside though we've hardly played terrible in our 3 games before that and deserved points in some of them.
          Its all about preparing for next season imo and we're getting a good chance to see what we need to take our side up the table. No way do i think he should be sacked now, that'd be ridiculous but like you said, if we take this form into next season then it'd be time to do something about ollie but right now i still have 100% faith in him still.
          What annoys me most though is last month there was topics everywhere praising ollie like the messiah but now that weve lost games peoples tones have changed completely
          He's just changing too much each game, personnel and tactics.

We need to rotate and give fringe players time on the pitch, but wholesale changes won;t give them any chance to settle and show off their credentials to be part of next seasons plans. Swap out 1 or 2 into the team that played so well on that run.

Defeats are also doing no help to confidence obviously.

It's a shame because despite the table showing no progress i still feel Ian is the right man for the job, currently. He's what the club needed. But, i think he's getting carried away with the squad, which is about a 6/10. He got them playing well, but they aren't ready to swap out players and tactics as if they are a top 6 Prem team!

I'd be focusing all my attention on Furlong, Goss, Ravel and Sylla. Those guys need to show that they are capable and willing to put the yards in to be first team regulars next season. But, only 1 or 2 at a time and in the style and manner we played last month!

Comment

Stick with the Same /Best 11 for the rest of the season. get some forward momentum going into nest season.

Take Pawel for example before the international break he was on fire - A good run in the team high on confidence. now given little or no game time he looks a different player.

Comment

Blimey the knives are out for Ollie again , it takes time to build a good side give him a chance

Not going down
              Ollie not being sacked
              Rangers not going up

Wait till next season to judge the progress
              Then you can sharpen your knives again
              Can't keep sacking everyone that's why we are in this place to start with. Warnock . NoDebt ..Patience..Prem League
              Ring any bells chaps

Comment

Originally posted by topperharley View Post
                He's just changing too much each game, personnel and tactics.

We need to rotate and give fringe players time on the pitch, but wholesale changes won;t give them any chance to settle and show off their credentials to be part of next seasons plans. Swap out 1 or 2 into the team that played so well on that run.

Defeats are also doing no help to confidence obviously.

It's a shame because despite the table showing no progress i still feel Ian is the right man for the job, currently. He's what the club needed. But, i think he's getting carried away with the squad, which is about a 6/10. He got them playing well, but they aren't ready to swap out players and tactics as if they are a top 6 Prem team!

I'd be focusing all my attention on Furlong, Goss, Ravel and Sylla. Those guys need to show that they are capable and willing to put the yards in to be first team regulars next season. But, only 1 or 2 at a time and in the style and manner we played last month!
                the main thing that peeves me a bit about ollie is the constant formation changes, especially when they're so radical. i think (based on current squad) the best formation we play is a high pressing 433 with a midfield of manning, luongo/hall on occassion and freeman with washington, smith and ngbakoto/wszolek up front. one of our main problems is our defence imo who tend to give someone too much space or move closer together and long shots. whilst smithies is a great keeper for us he gets caught out on long shots quite often (i'm sure other teams know this) and so our defence need to provide smithies with better closing down on a potential long shot. i don't think either lynch, ned and hall stand out head and shoulders above eachother and i'd much prefer we signed someone to partner hall in defence as hall has the most potential imo, we all saw what he could do last season.

Comment

Originally posted by Macca View Post
                  IH is a nice guy, even if he is making all these changes the players we have we should still be doing better, tacttiley he is clueless look who we got for our defensive coach from a side that was conceding bucket loads of goals what are we doing now giving goals away, time for the owners to be ruthless and say this is not going to work the backroom staff are pony get people in that can do a proper job if not sell up to people that have at least a clue about running a football club because these guys at the moment certainly don't, but the guys on here with the rose tinted glasses won't see it that way, if it remains the same we will be heading for division 1 so IH needs to sort it out but I don't think he will be able to, just needs to go back to Sky and do a poor job there as he did not have a clue doing that job.
                  The posters on here with 'rose tinted glasses' as you describe them, come on here whether we win, lose or draw, and whether we play well or poorly.

Your type however, only seem to pop up when we lose, in order to have a big moan.

Why is that do you think....and why is it that the resulting lack of balance in your posts results in you getting taken less seriously?

Not singling you out in particular, as there's a few of you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
                    Nice to see so many old posters back. Board was getting very quiet with all that winning games lark.
                    i think people are entitled to there opinion whether its negative or positive.im basing ollies tenure at the club against warnocks.both took over the club when we were in the mire. neil took us up to mid table and we new that next season with a few decent signings we were going to push for promotion we had momentum going forward.under ollie i dont see this.we did have a little four game spurt that has probably kept us safe in this division for another season,and i know people will say he's trying different players out.you should concentrate on pushing the team as far up the table as you can and getting the feel good factor back first and foremost because at the moment its died on its a rse.i for one have much love for ollie but i don't think he's the manager to take us forward.

Comment

On the flip side I do not agree with changing line up and formation every game

This needs to stop asap in my opinion

No one know what they are doing ...Play best team every week unless injured

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                        The posters on here with 'rose tinted glasses' as you describe them, come on here whether we win, lose or draw, and whether we play well or poorly.

Your type however, only seem to pop up when we lose, in order to have a big moan.

Why is that do you think....and why is it that the resulting lack of balance in your posts results in you getting taken less seriously?

Rose tinted posters only notice us when we speak our mind I have said well done when they have done well as I'm sure the others have as well, how far have we got since IH has taken over, we have improved one place, we are concerned about the club with these erratic runs we go on with IH he has some good players at his disposal and he is not setting up the side right to many different formations to many changes, and we do see both sides of the coin we give praise when they earn it.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post

A big moan???? who doesn`t come on here, or more precisely leave with a big moan. It`s a fan site for a club with a manager who seem to struggle immensely..Based on that FACT , I suggest you, especially as a moderator, should give it a rest now. In case you didn`t know, we are all entitled to have an opinion on matters like these. Singling out dissenters is not fair at all.
                          Thank you.
                          Last edited by Shania; 15-04-2017, 11:56 AM.
                          QPR
                          Best team in the world
                          Sort of

Comment

get a settled team quickly , the players can't have a clue whether they are in or out week in week out , i love ollies passion for the club and the game but feel he lacks any tactical nous . lynch humping the ball up hoping smith will knock it down to wash is so predictable the oppo will work that out in 2 mins , bring on smith and play that way when you're chasing the game in the 70th minute . keep the same personnel at the back and work with them day in day out

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
                              Nice to see so many old posters back. Board was getting very quiet with all that winning games lark.

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post
                                Stick with the Same /Best 11 for the rest of the season. get some forward momentum going into nest season.

Take Pawel for example before the international break he was on fire - A good run in the team high on confidence. now given little or no game time he looks a different player.
                                Originally posted by corbray View Post
                                the main thing that peeves me a bit about ollie is the constant formation changes, especially when they're so radical. i think (based on current squad) the best formation we play is a high pressing 433 with a midfield of manning, luongo/hall on occassion and freeman with washington, smith and ngbakoto/wszolek up front. one of our main problems is our defence imo who tend to give someone too much space or move closer together and long shots. whilst smithies is a great keeper for us he gets caught out on long shots quite often (i'm sure other teams know this) and so our defence need to provide smithies with better closing down on a potential long shot. i don't think either lynch, ned and hall stand out head and shoulders above eachother and i'd much prefer we signed someone to partner hall in defence as hall has the most potential imo, we all saw what he could do last season.
                                Originally posted by The General View Post
                                On the flip side I do not agree with changing line up and formation every game

This needs to stop asap in my opinion

No one know what they are doing ...Play best team every week unless injured
                                This. It's my biggest gripe. Especially up front. Smith and Washington need every game to build a partnership.

Comment

Working...
                                X