Contracts Expiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contracts Expiring

With the season drawing to a close, which of the players whose contracts are expiring in the summer would you keep on?

Kazenga LuaLua (loan) (£8.5k/week) - perhaps too early to judge with his injury. Had a promising start, and we could do with his pace. Might have to fork out a few million though, as his deal at Brighton has another year to run.
    Karl Henry (£17.5k/week) - obviously not. Ollie's already said he can leave, and his wage is the 4th highest in the team.
    Jamie Mackie (£15.5k/week) - tough one. What he lacks in footballing ability he makes up for in his passion and effort, as Ollie has mentioned. Probably not justifying his wage, but would be nice to see him stay on a less lucrative deal.
    Ravel Morrison (loan with £1.7m future fee) (£20k/week) - hasn't impressed so far and probably isn't really an Ian Holloway player. Looks a bit unfit to me, but has great ability if he puts his mind to it. Wage is a concern, especially as he's apparently sitting on another £10k/week at Lazio. Might have a future at the club if he impresses in the last few games and lowers his wage demand too. Is it worth a punt at £1.7m though?

Where do you get your numbers from mate?

Personally, the only one I'd consider keeping is Lua Lua.

Comment

Are wages plucked out the air or from a source

Comment

i'd keep mackie on a way less wage than he currently is, more around the 7k a week mark maybe. he's one of those veterans that loves the club which every team needs. he's hardly a bad player either really, he's dependable and our form changed when he came back into the side, he's a player you can count on to give it his all and rally the team. it'd be silly to let him go imo, we did it last summer with faurlin and hill when we perhaps shouldn't have.

lualua i'm unsure on, good player yes but i'd still rather us build a squad with the long term of the squad in mind and with players who have resale potential. shodipo was one of our best players in the first half of the season imo, and i'd rather he be given the chance to force his way onto the left wing, he also has the potential to be a 5m+ player imo.

morrison is tricky, i'm glad we brought him in because he has an extraordinary level of natural talent but it hasn't worked out so far for one reason or another. i'd love him to stand out in the last few games of the season and just give us a glimmer of what he's capable of and if he does then 1.7m is worth it, even if it is a lot of money. if he doesn't though then no way would i want him here for that fee, that money could be reinvested somewhere else.

Comment

Football Manager. Most of them are probably educated guesses, but they're usually pretty accurate with their numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by The Optimist View Post
            Football Manager. Most of them are probably educated guesses, but they're usually pretty accurate with their numbers.
            How do you know?

Comment

If Football Manager's data is accurate enough for Premier League clubs to use it for scouting players, they must be reliable with their numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                How do you know?
                Google some stuff about football managers scouting and ratings for players. Heres a real good video showing the lengths they go to https://youtu.be/MZz9lX_C7EE

Comment

How much is ned on mate?
                  I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                    How much is ned on mate?
                    Ned's the 2nd highest earner on £30k/week after Caulker on £40k/week.

Comment

Ned's the 2nd highest earner on £30k/week after Caulker on £40k/week.
                      OK well he's gotta go I'm afraid
                      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                        Where do you get your numbers from mate?

Personally, the only one I'd consider keeping is Lua Lua.
                        Agree.

Comment

IMO, we have got to go for LuaLua. Keep him fit and I'd go so far to say as we'll have one of the best wingers in the division next season.

Comment

Mackie 15.5k????????????? I quite like Jamie, but if he's on that much...####ing hell!!! Henry on 17.5k slightly more understandable, not right, because of his time (this time round) in the Prem

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                              Mackie 15.5k????????????? I quite like Jamie, but if he's on that much...####ing hell!!! Henry on 17.5k slightly more understandable, not right, because of his time (this time round) in the Prem
                              Keep your hair on......the numbers came off Champ Manager!

Comment

Working...
                              X