No announcement yet.

POTY dinner cancelled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it was a bit nearer to home and maybe a few beers thrown in then I might possibly have considered shelling out to go but to asked to pay £119 for basically sums up having a mass produced chicken curry in a tent at a golf club is an absolute pisstake

Always use to go when we had them every year and soon got wise the last couple of times it was best just to book a room in the hotel and then wander in without a ticket as nobody checked and even sat sown once and had a meal

Comment

I don't really see why the club need to give something back again this season? You got QPR cash, they're doing a lot for former players, they're doing a hell of a lot for Stan Bowles (which to be fair they've probably done enough but fans keep pressuring them to do more)... all whilst trying to balance the books, find a new stadium, sort out the training ground etc. They've improved things on the pitch and improved the atmosphere.

As far as players paying for it - yeah would be a lovely gesture but at the moment the players themselves, apart from Mackie, probably don't care enough YET to dip in to their own pockets. I'm sure Ollie can get that in to them but will take time.

We've got bigger fish to fry rather than trying to keep 100 fans happy. That's my (albeit harsh) opinion. Would be nice sometime in the future to get a decent reward system for fans set up though.
      My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

A lot of Rangers supporters seem to think think club always owes them something cos they follow the club imho.

Comment

Originally posted by SpongeParr View Post
          That would be an amazing gesture, but we spend our money at our own choice. The players don't force us to so they shouldn't be expected to pay (not saying you are saying that, but I am sure some are thinking it).
          Interesting philosophical question. Do we really have a choice when it comes to supporting our club? It's not like changing your brand of coffee or your electric supplier, is it? Some might argue there is no choice at all and it's just handed down through the generations, where you are culturally indoctrinated from birth...

Comment

You dont have to go or spend a single peny if you domt want to though. Its supposed to be a hobby and an enjoyable one at that.
            Some of the moaners on twitter have me dropping my jaw in total amazement

Comment

Originally posted by Cjskinz View Post
              I don't really see why the club need to give something back again this season? You got QPR cash, they're doing a lot for former players, they're doing a hell of a lot for Stan Bowles (which to be fair they've probably done enough but fans keep pressuring them to do more)... all whilst trying to balance the books, find a new stadium, sort out the training ground etc. They've improved things on the pitch and improved the atmosphere.
              Balancing the books? Whose fault is it then that we are in this position.The fans? Did we want to pay Bosingwa 65 large a week? No. We didn't ask for the owners to pay silly money for bang average players.

And as for a new stadium and training ground, again we didn't ask for none of this, this all the dream of the owners and they will hope to earn out of all this.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdave View Post
                Balancing the books? Whose fault is it then that we are in this position.The fans? Did we want to pay Bosingwa 65 large a week? No. We didn't ask for the owners to pay silly money for bang average players.

And as for a new stadium and training ground, again we didn't ask for none of this, this all the dream of the owners and they will hope to earn out of all this.
                So you'd rather we didn't invest in players when in the premier league? Agreed terrible investments, but investment was needed. You'd be pretty p*ssed off if we got relegated and didn't bring anyone in wouldn't you? Can't have it both ways. Club made mistakes, they're trying to rectify them. Doesn't mean you should get a free dinner.

I think it's pretty fundamental in football that owners don't generally make money out of it. TF definitely hasn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Cjskinz View Post
                  So you'd rather we didn't invest in players when in the premier league? Agreed terrible investments, but investment was needed. You'd be pretty p*ssed off if we got relegated and didn't bring anyone in wouldn't you? Can't have it both ways. Club made mistakes, they're trying to rectify them. Doesn't mean you should get a free dinner.

I think it's pretty fundamental in football that owners don't generally make money out of it. TF definitely hasn't.
                  I think the point is that the owners got us into this debt but we're the ones having to pay for it. The poty price was ludicrous theres no denying that, the club would have made at least 20k in profits in what is supposed to be a ty to the fans

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
                    I think the point is that the owners got us into this debt but we're the ones having to pay for it. The poty price was ludicrous theres no denying that, the club would have made at least 20k in profits in what is supposed to be a ty to the fans
                    We're hardly paying for it? Fans would never be able to recuperate that money spent. I'm sure an interview with Hoos said ticket costs barely cover the operation of the stadium didn't he? Could be wrong can't remember exactly. But would would the money earned fromt his event cover? Taking in to account venue hire, cost of food, wine etc I don't think it would be £20k... Even if it were £20k what would that even make them? A week's worth of Ned's wages?

Basically every club charge for their POTY awards? Don't see why we should be any different. Think people are being far too cynical about this. Would you want them to pay for your travel and stuff as well if they gave the tickets away for free?

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
                      You ever been to a posh dinner dance at hotel before, that price is standard if not cheap.

Comment

Don't get why people are bothered. POTY awards in my opinion are a bit Sunday league

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                          You ever been to a posh dinner dance at hotel before, that price is standard if not cheap.
                          Yeah i've been to a fair few that have been quality, i wouldn't exactly say the likes of gladwin and elk at stokley park are quality though..

Comment

can we not have poty in the local mcdonalds. Happy (clappy) meals all round!
                            nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

the players should have been fined a weeks wages after they stood back and admired newcastle at home , that would have more than paid for all the dinners

Comment

Working...
                              X