POTY dinner cancelled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nanocopic View Post
    And I bet he would spill his kebab everywhere.
    At least he'd offer you a lift home
    My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

Caulker is the last remaining high earner still at the club, isn't he?

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
        Caulker is the last remaining high earner still at the club, isn't he?
        neds on a few quid as well

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
          neds on a few quid as well
          Not sure why his wages dont get mentioned mate, definitely earns a good wedge for an ordinary player
          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
            they expect us to spend over £100 to watch a load of millionaires slap eachother on the back , tickets should be free to the supporters with the most loyalty points..... we live in the real world
            Absolutely spot on mate. There's loads on here for starters that go week in week out, up north during the week in the freezing cold, doing their ###### supporting Rangers.

For then be asked to lay out £120 (probably subsidising the players meals) is a bit harsh.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdave View Post
              Absolutely spot on mate. There's loads on here for starters that go week in week out, up north during the week in the freezing cold, doing their ###### supporting Rangers.

For then be asked to lay out £120 (probably subsidising the players meals) is a bit harsh.
              Agree 100%

I don't do every game like most of the hardcore but I'd be happy for the tickets to go to those. It's only right.

Comment

What would have been nice is if the players themselves not the club, put a grand in each and the 200 highest loyalty points fans went free, to thank them for following the team week in week out. This would put some connection back between fans and players. To see Dave Thomas who is a Rangers Legen, so emotional on Friday because us fans helped stump up the money to sponsor a guide dog, was, whilst upsetting also uplifting. In years to come will we see this sort of connection very unlikely as fans and players are no longer on the same level.

Comment

That would be an amazing gesture, but we spend our money at our own choice. The players don't force us to so they shouldn't be expected to pay (not saying you are saying that, but I am sure some are thinking it).

Comment

just been listening to Talkshite, West Ham are charging their fans £250 a head. Didn't know that Tony Cascarinno (sorry for the spelling) was turned down by us as a youngster. Said he had a soft spot for us as he lived nearby and he went to our home games
                    I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                    This morning's tempest I have to cross
                    I must be guided without a stumble
                    Into the arms I love the most

Comment

I can not see £120 to be that expensive; a decent three meal dinner with vine, someone to serve it and a nice place to stage it. That is not for free..

Comment

Originally posted by erikmata View Post
                        I can not see £120 to be that expensive; a decent three meal dinner with vine, someone to serve it and a nice place to stage it. That is not for free..
                        Players don't have to pay, so not sure why the loyal fans who go up and down the country couldn't be paid for (those with top loyalty points).

Comment

So, what other club(s) pay for its fans to attend poty? Hardly something that is likely to happen in reality..

Comment

Originally posted by erikmata View Post
                            So, what other club(s) pay for its fans to attend poty? Hardly something that is likely to happen in reality..
                            None - stops the riff-raff getting in

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                              None - stops the riff-raff getting in
                              That's why it was cancelled; no body was able to get in

Comment

there is a massive gulf between players and fans these days remember that slogan they came out with a few years ago " we're in this together " , what a load of rubbish . £120 is a lot of money whatever our friend in luxemborg says . we have a hardcore that never miss a game , was in it myself once upon a time . this was the perfect chance for the club to give something back

Comment

Working...
                                X