Holloway's record

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holloway's record

Anybody been keeping a record of his results since he took over? P W L F&A. Seems he might be the new Tinkerman with all the changes he's making.

W9
    d3
    l14

Comment

Originally posted by bigray View Post
      Seems he might be the new Tinkerman with all the changes he's making.
      Or maybe he's seeing the bigger picture...

We're effectively in pre-season mode. Experimenting with formations and different players is to be expected. Wouldn't expect that continue from the start of next season as it should hopefully all be settled and in place by then.

Think of it as a positive that we now have the advantage of having much longer to prepare compared with the teams currently involved in relegation and promotion.

Comment

don't agree with that , he should know his best team by now and play it . experiment on the training pitch , we pay good money to watch rangers win

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
          don't agree with that , he should know his best team by now and play it . experiment on the training pitch , we pay good money to watch rangers win
          Even if it means being better prepared for next season, which is what really counts...and when the remaining fixtures this season are dead rubbers, albeit competitive games? There's a limit to what you can learn on the training pitch alone.

Comment

And where some say we should play our best team. That doesn't necessarily mean we will win or even play well. Even Holloway doesn't even know if whoever he picks will have a good game or not. And Holloway may think there is a certain strength or weakness in the opposition or a player from the opposition that either needs a certain one of ours to combat that or beat their weakness. It's not just a casr of play who you think is your best side and they will win against whoever we are playing. That's why managers change tactics and personnel during the game. He also wants to get a proper look at all his players before the games finish to see how they react and play in competitive games before he makes decisions on who he thinks are up for it next season. I say carry on Ollie.

Comment

When Ollie joined the club were still talking about aiming for promotion. Club on bare results has actually gone backwards under him and is lower mid table at best. Just saying ...

Been a few promising signs but for me jury most definitely out.

Comment

I understand the tinkering but I'd much rather win games, end the season strong and go into the new season with confidence.

Comment

You learn nothing if you change 4-7 players each game.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
                    You learn nothing if you change 4-7 players each game.
                    I hope Ollie at least learns that!

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                      When Ollie joined the club were still talking about aiming for promotion. Club on bare results has actually gone backwards under him and is lower mid table at best. Just saying ...

Been a few promising signs but for me jury most definitely out.
                      Marginally better points per game than JFH isn't he? Jimmy just drew so many bloody games.

The real improvement is in spirit and the way we play in my opinion. The team look like they care again which to be honest, has been missing since our promotion season under Warnock.

In my opinion, we're still missing a few players. We desperately need someone in the Shaun Derry mould in the middle of the park. I also don't like us at centre back. I'll get panned for this but I reckon Ned needs to go and be replaced with someone more comfortable with the ball at his feet. I'd also like to see a 4-4-2 with Freeman and Pawel on the wings.
                      Last edited by Tarbie; 10-04-2017, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
                        I hope Ollie at least learns that!
                        Here's hoping!

Comment

JFH - 27.7% win percentage, drew over 40% of his games, low morale, no signs of plans for the future.
                          Ollie - 34.6% win percentage, got rid of the last of the players from the money era, high morale, brought through Ryan Manning, and finally getting the best out of Washington.

No-brainer.

Comment

I don't mind bit of rotation at this stage of the season so can get my head around it. As someone said above we do attend games to see us win so any rotation should also have this in mind

The results of JFH and Ollie have put us in position where with a month left we can test few things out so makes sense. What have we learnt??? Well Freeman is a miss when he's not playing, unlikely to see Doughty again, probably still need prolific striker and Manning has huge potential but not quite ready as the answer

Any other observations??

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                              Amen

Comment

Working...
                              X