No announcement yet.

Ned Non Basher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

recorded the football sat night and just watched neds mistake for murrays goal , sorry but ned makes no attempt to run back after. how does he know that the ball wont rebound off a post or off smithies . lazy defending , lack of awareness

Comment

If you think that's bad now watch the Derby game people on here defend him but the mistakes are making us lose matches

Comment

Statistically speaking, Ned attempted more passes than any other player against Derby (49), and 2nd most against Villa and Brighton (73 and 55). Worrying that he seems to be our played as our ball-playing defender when he gives the ball away so many times in key areas.

Comment

Originally posted by The Optimist View Post
          Statistically speaking, Ned attempted more passes than any other player against Derby (49), and 2nd most against Villa and Brighton (73 and 55). Worrying that he seems to be our played as our ball-playing defender when he gives the ball away so many times in key areas.
          Interesting post and a very worrying one to boot
          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by The Optimist View Post
            Back passes don't count though. They're easy and he does tons of those.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
              Back passes don't count though. They're easy and he does tons of those.
              Hmm so you'll complain when a player wants to play safe because he's got limitations but criticise him when errors come from trying to play more dangerous passes? And for the record:

Ned has played 69 backwards passes into defensive or middle third positions out of 288 passes total in his last 6 matches... 24%

Hall has played 55 backwards passes into defensive or middle third positions out of 250 passes total in his last 6 matches... 22%

Statistically, there's not enough of a difference for you to suggest that "he does tons of those". Once again, I reiterate, people see what they want to see, Hall doesn't pass it as much as Onuoha does, hall plays fewer forward passes than Onuoha does in matches, Hall does make mistakes and is generally saved by having Ned behind him to clean up. But if you need more proof, here's Hall against Barnsley last month at the 47 second mark of the video:

There'd be a thread just like this if that was Ned, iirc, there wasn't one on Hall, although I may be wrong.
              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                Ned has played 69 backwards passes into defensive or middle third positions out of 288 passes total in his last 6 matches... 24%

Hall has played 55 backwards passes into defensive or middle third positions out of 250 passes total in his last 6 matches... 22%
                That's all I was saying. Ned has made more backward passes. Thank you.

Unfair to compare the two really though because they play in different positions.

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                Hmm so you'll complain when a player wants to play safe because he's got limitations but criticise him when errors come from trying to play more dangerous passes?
                I'm not criticising him over and above Lynch and Hall; and I'm rather highlighting his limitations more than criticising them because it's clear that they are just limitations.

As I said earlier: "Bottom line is Ned, Hall and Lynch all have their strengths and weaknesses and none of them IMO stand head n shoulders over the other."

This just happens to be a thread on Ned though.

Comment

I've never been neds biggest fan but in a team with so few leaders I get why Holloway plays him every week.

We really need to do our best to bring in a couple of new centre halves in the summer if we have aspirations of doing well next season.

Comment

We looked so much better without him playing today defence was like a brick wall NOT

Lynch, many people's choice to replace him as captain, woeful

Let's stop looking for scapegoats and focus on the real problems

Comment

Working...
                    X