No announcement yet.

Ned Non Basher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would guess Hesitant has cost us more goals this season then Ned but we all see a different game

Was poor for first goal against Brighton but bailed others out

Comment

Ned brings more to the table than he takes from it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
        Ned brings more to the table than he takes from it.
        Only when he plays with a vocal defender mate. It was no fluke that his best times were alongside dunne. He is an educated young man that has no footballing brain. He needs an organizer alongside him and hall isn't that player. We definitely need to sign that type of player in the summer
        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Yes Agreed he does bring a lot to the table I like him as a player

Just appalling at losing the ball as the last man very week area of his game

This normally results in a goal for the opposition more times than not

Comment

As James1979 said, if Ned was out of the side for a few games, people would be begging to get him back into it. The guy saves us way more times than he costs us and this bs about him not being vocal is people ignoring what they simply don't want to believe.

He made a mistake against Brighton, and it's happened a couple of times this season, but blimey, do people forget Hall making even more mistakes? The amount of times I've seen Hall make a big error and get saved by Ned...

Frankly, Ned this season is the only reason Hall doesn't get as much criticism as he should, because every time hall makes a mistake, Ned is there to save his ar se.

Lynch is such a weird player because he clearly can play the ball on the ground but all he ever does is boot it out. Now we have someone who's not trying to bypass our midfield and we criticise him when he makes a mistake doing that?

It's no wonder players like Stones never reach their potential, or why players like Sakho don't get the praise they deserve in the UK, Ball playing defenders are wanted by fans until they arrive, then they get abuse for being too try-hard on the ball.

Ned is not a perfect defender. Like Hall, he lets the ball bounce which is something I'm not a fan of. But frankly, the guy reads the game so much better than the other two and his recovery is up there with the best in this league. When a team tries a through ball and Ned is the closest player to the attacker, I'm 90% confident he'll save us, either by putting the player under enough pressure to put him off, or by making a ridiculous recovery tackle. When the opposition gets a corner, the only defender I feel confident we have that'll reach the ball is Ned. Why do you think there's been so much praise at Smith in terms of defending corners? It's because 2 of our 3 defenders still need to learn how to track the runner.

And this isn't directly aimed at you General, others are far worse on this topic imo.
            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Ned has been solid the past couple of months for us tbh, its only recently that hes put in the same mistakes. I think hes a good defender but i also think hes not what we need.

Comment

Fans make more mistakes in reading the game than defenders, so it should be appropriate that we bash them instead.

All defenders make mistakes, and some like Ned more than make up for them.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                  He made a mistake against Brighton, and it's happened a couple of times this season, but blimey, do people forget Hall making even more mistakes? The amount of times I've seen Hall make a big error and get saved by Ned...
                  Difference is Ned tends to be the last man, so if he phucks it up then the oppo are clean through.

It's no wonder players like Stones never reach their potential, or why players like Sakho don't get the praise they deserve in the UK, Ball playing defenders are wanted by fans until they arrive, then they get abuse for being too try-hard on the ball.
                  Granted Ned has bailed Hall out on occasion, but Hall is a far more natural ball playing defender than Ned is, hence the role Ollie has given him.

Bottom line is Ned, Hall and Lynch all have their strengths and weaknesses and none of them IMO stand head n shoulders over the other.

Comment

ned gives his all i like that about him , makes last ditch tackles , jockeys and pesters attackers , in fairness to him at derby our midfield went missing and the ball kept coming back at our defence . ... neds 1st touch is poor and his decision making scares me at times , he looks awkward because he is . hall on the other hand doesn't get flustered and looks composed . whether or not ned should be captain or even on the pitch is debatable
                    Last edited by 72bus; 09-04-2017, 07:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                      ned gives his all i like that about him , makes last ditch tackles , jockeys and pesters attackers , in fairness to him at derby our midfield went missing and the ball kept coming back at our defence . ... neds 1st touch is poor and his decision making scares me at times , he looks awkward because he is . hall on the other hand doesn't get flustered and looks composed . whether or not ned should be captain or even on the pitch is debatable
                      Do people realise that ned and hall have lost the ball the same amount per game this season? Both from poor first touches and being dispossessed on the ball, they've given it away as much as each other. Even from passing, they've given it away pretty much the same amount, even though Ned has played more successful passes per game. But again, because Hall has Ned covering his ass every game, his mistakes aren't as costly. Now, people can say Ned gives the ball away in more dangerous positions and that's true simply because that's the job required of him. Hall is hardly a better ball player from what I've seen, in fact, I'd imagine he's being used in the role of dropping in between the lines because Ned is more trusted under pressure and as such, you wouldn't want Hall in the positions that Ned takes up because I hesitate to wonder how many more times Hall would lose it. IMO, Hall has much more space in his position while Ned has to deal with being pressed as the last man, a significantly more difficult job than having teammates available around you at all times like Hall does.

Ollie is giving Hall the space he needs to develop him, Hall won't develop as well as we'd like if he was put under pressure all the time, he first needs to be good with the ball in space, then he can be trusted to take up the roles of players like Ned.

This is not to say Hall is a bad defender, but to suggest that in a choice between him and Ned on ability alone, not age, that people would choose Hall this season, it seems very odd to me.
                      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Do people realise that ned and hall have lost the ball the same amount per game this season? Both from poor first touches and being dispossessed on the ball, they've given it away as much as each other. Even from passing, they've given it away pretty much the same amount, even though Ned has played more successful passes per game. But again, because Hall has Ned covering his ass every game, his mistakes aren't as costly. Now, people can say Ned gives the ball away in more dangerous positions and that's true simply because that's the job required of him. Hall is hardly a better ball player from what I've seen, in fact, I'd imagine he's being used in the role of dropping in between the lines because Ned is more trusted under pressure and as such, you wouldn't want Hall in the positions that Ned takes up because I hesitate to wonder how many more times Hall would lose it. IMO, Hall has much more space in his position while Ned has to deal with being pressed as the last man, a significantly more difficult job than having teammates available around you at all times like Hall does.

Ollie is giving Hall the space he needs to develop him, Hall won't develop as well as we'd like if he was put under pressure all the time, he first needs to be good with the ball in space, then he can be trusted to take up the roles of players like Ned.

This is not to say Hall is a bad defender, but to suggest that in a choice between him and Ned on ability alone, not age, that people would choose Hall this season, it seems very odd to me.
                        Maybe we need a defender who doesn't give the ball away.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                          Awful player, League 1 standard, get rid ASAP.
                          Agree.

Never feel comfortable when the ball is near him. Fills me with no confidence whatsoever.

Hardly an 'inspiring' captain.

Comment

Ned nowhere near the bad player people making him out to be

If you want to have a moan about a CB's distribution look at Lynch. Ned may lose the ball under pressure occasionally, but Lynch loses it nearly every time under no pressure.
                            My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

Who was the player that should have tracked Murray?

Comment

Originally posted by Cjskinz View Post
                                Ned nowhere near the bad player people making him out to be

If you want to have a moan about a CB's distribution look at Lynch. Ned may lose the ball under pressure occasionally, but Lynch loses it nearly every time under no pressure.
                                This. Usually by aimlessly hoofing it. Ned's OK. He makes more mistakes in possession than he should, mind. Clown Jimmy thought him a right back. LOL.

Comment

Working...
                                X