Encouraged when losing.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Encouraged when losing.....

Has to be a positive, right? We weren't much of a threat upfront until two down and Ravel wasn't on the pace, we had little width all game, but we matched them bar the first fifteen minutes of the second half. Effort and shapes were very positive. Excellent at the back inspite of playing three formations, and much more energetic in midfield with Freeman on. Luongo continues to improve, too. Manning is a really good player, and a very decent left back. Poor for their first and someone needs to teach Lynch to stop lumping it forward. Heading in the right direction. Jimmy dross is now a thing of the part.

Way more positives than negatives imo and a good test against Brighton. We more than held our own and should have got a draw if it wasn't for that bald biased tw*t of a ref who should consider a new career in gay p*rn the amount of times he blew his whistle for them

Comment

Morrison is feeling his way into the team, playing safe passes, but was always showing for the ball. There's more to come from him as his confidence grows. I think there might be a place for him in the squad next season.

Comment

Maybe it might be time for some to finally realise that Ravel isn't that wonderful ??

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
          Maybe it might be time for some to finally realise that Ravel isn't that wonderful ??
          Based on one game?

Comment

once we scored we seemed to drive on . should have nicked a point

Comment

Two defeats to Villa and Brighton were decent and encouraging efforts. If we get a game changer for next season think we will be competitive

Comment

Originally posted by Olly View Post
                Morrison is feeling his way into the team, playing safe passes, but was always showing for the ball. There's more to come from him as his confidence grows. I think there might be a place for him in the squad next season.
                Agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                  Two defeats to Villa and Brighton were decent and encouraging efforts. If we get a game changer for next season think we will be competitive
                  We have the basis of a decent side there, throw a couple new signings in and we will be in the mix for a playoff push next year I think.

Reckon Freeman could be our game changer.
                  You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

JFH managing a QPR loss - walk away absolutely fuming

Holloway managing a QPR loss - walk away thinking we should have got a point

MASSIVE improvement, MASSIVE difference.

Comment

I hope so nice to have a player of his quality, always looking for the ball and his passes were quick and crisp, needs more movement upfront to find that killer pass for. Happened when Freeman came on so not sure why it didn't with Ravel, perhaps needs a bit more confidence driving forward but we caught for the first goal when Ravel went on a forage forward.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                        JFH managing a QPR loss - walk away absolutely fuming

Holloway managing a QPR loss - walk away thinking we should have got a point

MASSIVE improvement, MASSIVE difference.
                        And always proud.

Comment

this.

thought he played some lovely passes.

was a bit bemused that he was sitting just in front of the back 3 though at times.

will be a lovely footballer to have in our team next season, we just need to show him some patiants from the rest of the season and give him a full pre season to get up to speed.
                          nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Last 3 games have been tough and apart from the Derby game we have held our own and imo shown with a few tweaks we will be a top 10 team comfortably next year and hopefully if we buy sensibility on the summer top 6.

Morrison needs a few games from now until the end of the season and proper pre season. The bloke is class and his touches, passing and awareness was there to see last light in small flashes. He's just very unfit for the standard of football he's playing.
                            I hope we give the lad another year with the option for us to extend it if he plays a certain number of games.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                              I hope so nice to have a player of his quality, always looking for the ball and his passes were quick and crisp, needs more movement upfront to find that killer pass for. Happened when Freeman came on so not sure why it didn't with Ravel, perhaps needs a bit more confidence driving forward but we caught for the first goal when Ravel went on a forage forward.
                              For some reason Ravel constantly dropped deep to pick up the ball. We all know he's far less effective in these defensive areas. Massive difference when Freeman replaced him because he played a more attacking role.

The main issue with him to me seems like lack of fitness and confidence. There's no doubting his ability and at 24 he's still young enough to get his career back on track. Question marks still remain over his temperament and discipline, but if anyone can sort that out it's man-motivator-manager Ollie.

Comment

Working...
                              X