'On way home' Match Report: QPR v Brighton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'On way home' Match Report: QPR v Brighton

Will keep it fairly short as I am sure most people saw it, did not think we deserved to lose that, after a very tight first half Rangers were undone by 2 excellent goals. First one was a poor centre from Ned which caught out our defence and Murray took the one on one very well, second was unstoppable free kick, although it was never a foul.

I blame Holloway for this defeat,defensive team from the start with no width, getting sick of his 4-5 changes every game, once Freeman and Yeni came on we were much the better team. Midfield is taking shape with Luongo, Manning and Freeman looking good.
    Overall a very enjoyable second half after a sterile first 45.

We pushed Brighton all the way 2nite and if Holloway can settle on a team, the future looks bright.

Originally posted by Romford Hoop View Post
    defensive team from the start with no width
    Lack of width is consistently a problem for us going forward. Also think we paid them too much respect.

Comment

Hard team to choose imo as who can we leave out/play in mid and upfront as they all play well most games

Comment

To be fair Brighton do look a very good, confident outfit. I'd rate them a close second behind Huddersfield of the teams I've seen at LR this season. But it is encouraging that once we got close to our best team with the second half subs, we looked at least a match for them.

Comment

Originally posted by amusant View Post
          To be fair Brighton do look a very good, confident outfit. I'd rate them a close second behind Huddersfield of the teams I've seen at LR this season. But it is encouraging that once we got close to our best team with the second half subs, we looked at least a match for them.
          I think Newcastle might have something to say about that

Comment

Newcastle looked good at ours because the a rse of a manager set team up to give them the freedom of stadium. Easiest game they will have this next or any other season.

Comment

post match comments Holloway said he could not see any weakness in the Brighton side. Bloody hell! Barca they are not. Showed them far too much respect and totally agree with the opening two posts
              I must away now, I can no longer tarry
              This morning's tempest I have to cross
              I must be guided without a stumble
              Into the arms I love the most

Comment

His post match comments were odd (again). Didn't seem that hurt by a loss

Comment

Warburton just said that we were one of the best teams they had played and they were lucky to win.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                    Newcastle looked good at ours because the a rse of a manager set team up to give them the freedom of stadium. Easiest game they will have this next or any other season.
                    We tried the let's give Shelvey lots of space approach in the first half and when that didn't turn out too well, in response to this, we tried the lets give Shelvey lots of space approach in the second half too. That was the match where it became apparent that I could give better advice to the team than JFH.......so clearly he was worse then useless.

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
                      Warburton just said that we were one of the best teams they had played and they were lucky to win.
                      Hughton you mean?

Comment

Working...
                      X