Fulham Feelings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fulham Feelings

Hi QPR fans - apologies for coming on here just to ask a question, but I'm in SE London, so there's not so many of you around!

Am doing an article about groundshares - Can I ask if you have any love or hate towards Fulham as a result of their tenancy back in 2002-4? Does anyone recall anything positive about those days? Or indeed Australia or Jamaica using Loftus Road?

Any help appreciated.

I hope Jordan Cousins works out for you. He's much missed in these parts.

best ask David Bulstrode,...... Hang on a minute

Comment

Only positive was they paid us a lot of money for it, when we really needed it.

Comment

Originally posted by cousins View Post
        Hi QPR fans - apologies for coming on here just to ask a question, but I'm in SE London, so there's not so many of you around!

Am doing an article about groundshares - Can I ask if you have any love or hate towards Fulham as a result of their tenancy back in 2002-4? Does anyone recall anything positive about those days? Or indeed Australia or Jamaica using Loftus Road?

Any help appreciated.

I hope Jordan Cousins works out for you. He's much missed in these parts.
        Foolhardy are a bunch of ######s.

The sooner they are bankrupt and chicken cottage gets burnt to the ground, the better.
        nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

No issue from me at the time we never had a pot to p iss in and their rent came in very handy to keep club afloat. From business point of view made perfect sense

I'm in minority I think that are not overly fussed by Fulham local yes significant rival no

Comment

F@ckin hate them

Comment

I like fulham tbh, have a bit of a soft spot for them as my dad supports them and some of my earliest football memories are to do with them.
              I remember my dad didnt like groundsharing with us as they didnt have their own home for 2 years.

Personally though i look at them as our one of our main derby rivals and only 2nd to brentford, however personally i'd rather us beat fulham than brentford due to the stick my dad gives me when they've beaten us!

Comment

I have no animosity towards them.
                Groundshare didn't concern me. My season ticket seat wasn't damaged at the end so whoever was using it couldn't have been a bad sort.
                I didn't like the big FFC badge above the Ellerslie Road stand but from my position in the upper Loft I couldn't see it. In fact I can't remember their branding around the stadium but for that.
                They were decent tenants and as stated above their money came in handy.
                Fans of theirs that I know said they enjoyed their stay at ours. Apparently their home form improved whilst they were there.

I do remember once being on the Bakerloo line with some Fulham fans when they had a midweek home game at Loftus Road. I thought that was strange. When I got off at Queens Park so did they. They looked a little lost. One of them asked me the way to Queens Park Rangers stadium! I told him to turn left out the station and keep walking up Salusbury Road, he couldn't miss it.

Comment

Fulham are a nice club would like to see them back in the premier with us
                  I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

tbh years ago they were never on the radar and the groundshare was never a problem to either set of fans. i know it got an edge a few years back when half of their chelsea lot got lairy and i suppose to most nowadays its a proper rivalry. always seen them as something you pat on the head and say theres a good boy.
                    PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Thanks for all the replies, guys.

Comment

i live near their ground , proper old style ground love it , find their fans a bit chopsy. no probs them ground sharing as it's been said the wedge came in handy

Comment

Find all the Rupert and Tarquin abuse against them very plummy.they never chose their path and did get tourists but it ain't like the bulk of their 3/4 division support went and supported another team.good luck to them.people either don't know or forget.
                          "The kids missed everything from Queens Park Rangers to Conkers".

London Pride has been handed down to us.
                          London Pride is a flower that's free.
                          London Pride means our own dear town to us,
                          And our pride it for ever will be.

Comment

one of my best mates followed fulham when they were inn the the 4th div , the real fulham fans dislike the newbies and tourists

Comment

No problems with them giving us some much needed dosh at a bad time in our history. Only problem I had is that some Rupert put chewing gum on the seat in the main stand B block and ended up a bit messy. This was over the Christmas period I seem to remember, I was not happy
                              I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Working...
                              X