31st March 1986. Was you there ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 31st March 1986. Was you there ?

Wow, What memories !!!! I absolutely loved watching that. I remember all my mates were Chelsea and my best mates Dad too. Refused to talk to me after that cos i kept taking the ####. Plastic pitch or not Chelsea were so poor that day. Their defence was wide open. Wish they were that bad now.

Comment

Men against boys, Chelsea were dire in those days
      I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

no. I'd lost my love for football at that time, reflected in attendances throughout the country. The season we got promoted I couldn't even be bothered to go the top of the table clash with Fulham
        I must away now, I can no longer tarry
        This morning's tempest I have to cross
        I must be guided without a stumble
        Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Yep! That was the first time that Chelsea didn't have fans in every part of the ground.
          And those that were in the away end went home with their tails between their legs.
          Superb caning of the enemy

Comment

Was??? Do you mean Woz?

Comment

To make you feel old, it'd still be another 7 years until i was born, my dad still wasn't legally allowed to buy booze, my grandparents were still in fulltime work and worst of all, jimmy savile wad considered a cool charitable guy

Comment

Oh yes, in fact I'm sure I just spotted me and my mates in the loft after the fourth goal.

In June '86 I was on holiday in Spain and a crowd of us met up each day for a game of volleyball which always turned into a game of foot tennis. After a couple of days 2 fellas turned up that hadn't been there previously, I knew straight away that one of them was a certain David Speedie (the other turned out to be the old Everton player Paul Power) and you can imagine how the standard of the foot tennis went up, also how much more competitive the games became and also the ridiculous amount of abuse Speedie got for that result and his red card. Long story short, we then spent a week playing with them, drinking with them and we all had a real good crack. The two of them were great company but back in those days I mixed with lots of pros and they were so different to today's prima donas
                #standuptocancer
                #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Was in the paddock for that one. Total humiliation of the scum.
                  Saw us knock them out of the milk cup quarter final at their place two months previously as well.
                  Ahhh the good old days !
                  “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
                  Will Danaher

Comment

Funnily enough I mentioned this game in our greatest results thread.

I was there roaring away.

Comment

Originally posted by Olly View Post
                      Was??? Do you mean Woz?
                      woz waiting for that sir

Comment

How good was that John Byrne goal? Wow. Love all the banter from the crowd - mind the ground, someone quips at Pat Nevin when he fails to prevent a ball going out for a goal kick and hits the hoardings. Can't say I was there I'm afraid, but lovely to watch.

Comment

Oh yes remember it well, I think it was an Easter Monday, think they got wacked by the hammers in the game before 5-0 & us 6-0

Comment

Originally posted by Ed the Ball View Post
                            Yep! That was the first time that Chelsea didn't have fans in every part of the ground.
                            And those that were in the away end went home with their tails between their legs.
                            Superb caning of the enemy
                            Oh yes they did .. a ruined coat and a thick lip ., thousands in Ellerslie but they didn't score for you to know..

Comment

Nah, I was in my mum's tummy.
                              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                              Pawel Wszolek - 6
                              Luke Freeman - 6
                              Matt Smith - 6
                              Ebere Eze - 4
                              Joel Lynch - 3
                              Tomer Hemed - 3
                              Toni Leistner - 2
                              Massimo Luongo- 2