No announcement yet.

Evil Les admits the truth...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure I understand what relevance Les' playing days has to do with his suitability as a DoF to be honest. I do however agree that he deserves far more respect than he gets from a lot of our fans. And before anyone asks, yes I do remember him playing for us and was regular visitor to Loftus Road throughout his time with the club.......although I was just a boy!

All those saying there is nothing wrong with what he said. Well I'm a Director of a company and I tell you what, if I was quoted saying "you know I work this company now and as such, I have to attend events and represent them, but my previous company (who my company compete with) is my favorite etc, etc.........well, I'd have a fair bit of explaining to do to my fellow directors and my staff.

Probably quoted out of context but it really doesn't read well in my opinion!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
      Tbh most fans that give him stick are too young to remember just how much he did for this football club. He was like a goal head start. Things are going very well at our football club. Let's enjoy it and not look to find a stick to bash the club with. All are doing a fantastic job and les certainly gets the deals done as he understands how agents work, something Phil beard could not achieve
      Great post

I initially posted the quote more out of disbelief than having a knock, it's why I joked saying evil Les.

I do believe it was naive to say the least and extremely poor judgement at best. No world ender more stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Fghoop View Post
        To be honest I am astounded by some of the comments on here. It's almost as if people are looking for something out of nothing. Being employed at a club doesn't mean you have to have full allegiance to the club or even be a supporter. The fact is Les has a job to do here and if he shares his opinion of a previous employer whats the issue. I work for a company today, quite happy there, however have extremely proud and happy memories at another company.

This doesn't mean I won't do my all for my current employer. Equally for those "bigging up" Ollie (and I do love this man), you need to listen his interview in the pod cast. He also was very clear that he was really happy to be back and has a great relationship with Les and I believe actually stated that was also one of the reasons he came back.

I agree with some on here who have posted that some of the people castigating Les, never saw him play for us and what joy that man brought. For me a Legend of the club and its really quite disrespectful the way he is talked about. Yes he liked playing for Newcastle, Yes he is a Tottenham supporter but also Yes- What a record he had for us as a player.

1989-1990 Played 9 Scored 2 goals (Division 1)
        1990-1991 Played 18 Scored 8 goals (Division 1)
        1991-1992 Played 23 Scored 10 goals (Division 1)
        1992-1993 Played 37 Scored 20 goals (Premiership)
        1993-1994 Played 36 Scored 16 goals (Premiership)
        1994-1995 Played 37 Scored 24 goals (Premiership)

He is employed and one of our own, so lets support the man in the job he does for us, whether you like him or not, he should earn the respect or some respect regardless. And if the Board and the current manager are happy with him as part of the company (and again listen to the podcast and what Ollie said about a very old gentleman who has supported QPR foe eons, being introduced to the management and how his ears pricked up when he realized he was meeting Les) and that says so much.

Rant over and you can all abuse me if required:-)
        Another good post and should be a warning to some fans to know their history

Comment

Respect is the reason nowt else. And if you speak your mind and are honest, it shouldn't really matter. Again if his employers (current ones are happy with him) then that's all that counts. My point is clear - Some people are just looking for something to whinge about. And I can guarantee a lot of those people haven't sat through some of the times we have had over the years and I have supported this team for some 30 + years so have seen a lot:-0 For me at the moment things are looking slightly better than they did pre-January and whilst I accept there is freedom of speech and all that, lets not make mountains out of a molehill. And as someone else has said on here, I am sure the management players etc, look at the message boards or are told about comments on here. Things are looking up, get behind the team and the management and lets move forward. For now things are som much more positive for the rest of the season, Win Lose or Draw.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
            Not sure I understand what relevance Les' playing days has to do with his suitability as a DoF to be honest. I do however agree that he deserves far more respect than he gets from a lot of our fans. And before anyone asks, yes I do remember him playing for us and was regular visitor to Loftus Road throughout his time with the club.......although I was just a boy!

All those saying there is nothing wrong with what he said. Well I'm a Director of a company and I tell you what, if I was quoted saying "you know I work this company now and as such, I have to attend events and represent them, but my previous company (who my company compete with) is my favorite etc, etc.........well, I'd have a fair bit of explaining to do to my fellow directors and my staff.

Probably quoted out of context but it really doesn't read well in my opinion!
            Like Barton and Adel done but majority turned blind eye, still supported them and argued for resigning them even after they had openly and repeatedly disrespected club

Comment

Football though is slightly different Tarbie. There was a great article from our current Social Media rep, Ian Taylor only last week where he talked about all bar one of his team actually supports QPR. The fact is they still do a great job for the club. And like I say - Legend Status in a club is and should be hard to achieve at that man Les (based on his playing career is indeed one of those) and thats why he earned the name "Sir Les" and that was from QPR fans not Newcastle or any other club.
              Last edited by Fghoop; 26-03-2017, 06:22 PM.

Comment

People slating Les who would you rather have doing the role Les or Phil Beard who was significant player in things getting out of hand

Comment

Lets get one thing straight, which I think most people are aware of. Les is THFC, has been for years. Always staggered that anyone sees him as Rs.

He had zero dof experience, his record here to date has been average at best. He has always appeared to me as likeable but incoherent, I wouldn't have him on the day shift down the local garage. He may or may not improve. I hope Olly calls the shots.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy View Post
                    don't really need him now Ollies here.
                    Ollie would strongly disagree with that going by his impassioned praise of him at the latest fan forum (which he certainly didn't have to do). Les deals with the agents, contracts, negotiations etc which Ollie says he just doesn't have time for, as that time is put to far more valuable use on the training ground and spending with the players.

See: http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/f...-Hoos-16-03-17

WATRB also had a rep there:
                    Originally posted by oldskoolturk View Post
                    12) what is Les' role? He's dof oversees technical integration in teams, first point of contact with agents, scouting and signing players. Impossible for any manager to do it all now what with the money involved and the vast number of sums on offer. Everyone has a clear role. Ollie would have No time for coaching and training if spending all the time on players and agents etc. Good cop bad cop works well to keep squad together and not distract players and manager.trust there between les and Ollie.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                      Like Barton and Adel done but majority turned blind eye, still supported them and argued for resigning them even after they had openly and repeatedly disrespected club
                      Crikey, Barton and Adel in the media were a whole new level to what Les said in this article. But we all know players these days are mercenary and lots of them have way too much to say for themselves in the press. Personally, I think if you're representing a club (or any other business) as a Director, you should adhere to higher standards of conduct.

Anyway, as a few have said, probably making a mountain out a molehill. Garbage article in a local Northern rag and probably an out of context quote anyway.

Comment

Tony is a West Ham fan, however he spends money on QPR. So what? Today, football is a business and gone are the days of loyalty. What we can confirm on Les is that when he worked for the club, he did so in magnificent manner, as his record as a player shows. As DOF, he did bring some very good young players to the club and we have to remember, he was responsible for Ollie to join in. Let's not forget also that the likes of Smithies, Luongo, Hall, Bidwell, Pawel, CW, Lynch and others, have all been signed for the club under Les stewardship.
                        Last edited by Martinmalta; 26-03-2017, 07:22 PM.

Comment

THats the difference between us and Newcastle. They are not a bunch of moaners Like many on here . They are passionate fans who back the club in big numbers regardless of what league they are in (not the 5000 extra we find when promoted). They live for football while it seems many here live for the next thing to whine about. So Les enjoyed his time there the most and seeing as he was being interviewed by a Geordie rag why wouldn't he say that . You #### him off but feel thats ok yet create a post on here when he mentions another former club that adores him . Every one seems to think they know everything about what does and doesn't do in his role when they Prob know sweet FA....
                          Last edited by Mublock; 26-03-2017, 10:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mublock View Post
                            THats the difference between us and Newcastle. They are not a bunch of moaners Like many on here . They are passionate fans who back the club in big numbers regardless of what league they are in (not the 5000 extra we find when promoted). They live for football while it seems many here live for the next thing to whine about. So Les enjoyed his time there the most and seeing as he was being interviewed by a Geordie rag why wouldn't he say that . You #### him off but feel thats ok yet create a post on here when he mentions another former club that adores him . Every one seems to think they know everything about what does and doesn't do in his role when they Prob know sweet FA....
                            You clearly didn't read my post when I clarified why I posted the quote. Relax and take a chill pill.

Comment

Not sure he needs to "come back" to a club he works for day in day out...

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                                totally agree with you regarding the first point.

as for doing a good job, seems to me that olly his signed his own players whereas, under jimmy and the pe teacher, it was Dof les that gave them a selection of players to pick from.

dont think Dof les is doing that much now to be honest and the sooner he scurries away to another job, the better.
                                This.
                                Preferably Newcastle will offer him the DoF job up there.

Comment

Working...
                                X