Evil Les admits the truth...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
    Goes to Newcastle treated like hero then you look at how he is treated and referred to by our fans on messageboards, Facebook and Twitter!!!! He's called Evil, loads of racial stuff, all jobs for the boys and former black players

Not smartest thing for him to say in public if accurate but when you see some of the disgusting things said about him on social media, which I'm sure he is aware of, can see why he would prefer it there
    It's true ain't it? He gets a lot of stick. A lot of it with little relevance to football or the job he's doing.

Don't think he did when he arrived to be fair though. I think most fans were right behind it when he was brought back to the club towards the end of Harry's tenure. I think a lot of fans are frustrated with a lack of progress though. I also think it's right that his role at the club is being questioned now. I personally struggle to see what value he brings these days!

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
      It's true ain't it? He gets a lot of stick. A lot of it with little relevance to football or the job he's doing.

Don't think he did when he arrived to be fair though. I think most fans were right behind it when he was brought back to the club towards the end of Harry's tenure. I think a lot of fans are frustrated with a lack of progress though. I also think it's right that his role at the club is being questioned now. I personally struggle to see what value he brings these days!
      Fans were unreasonable then as a five year mess was never going to be turned around over night by Les or anyone else. And his initial appointment was not welcomed by all on this board which surprised me if honest.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
        Fans were unreasonable then as a five year mess was never going to be turned around over night by Les or anyone else. And his initial appointment was not welcomed by all on this board which surprised me if honest.
        Is that right? To be honest I can't remember but I'd thought the response was pretty positive when he arrived.

I agree that there was a big mess to unravel when Les arrived and I think he's improved us in a lot of areas, but struggled in others.

To be honest, I'm not sure how much value he adds with a strong character like Ollie in the managers seat and Lee Hoos there managing the financial side these days. I think if Ollie continues to cement his place you could actually argue that Les' role is bordering on redundant!
        Last edited by Tarbie; 26-03-2017, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Doesn't Les deal with contracts and agents?

Comment

Talk about a storm in a teacup.

Comment

Can't wait for the day he leaves

Nothing but a pestilence at the club

Comment

Tbh most fans that give him stick are too young to remember just how much he did for this football club. He was like a goal head start. Things are going very well at our football club. Let's enjoy it and not look to find a stick to bash the club with. All are doing a fantastic job and les certainly gets the deals done as he understands how agents work, something Phil beard could not achieve
                I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                  Tbh most fans that give him stick are too young to remember just how much he did for this football club. He was like a goal head start. Things are going very well at our football club. Let's enjoy it and not look to find a stick to bash the club with. All are doing a fantastic job and les certainly gets the deals done as he understands how agents work, something Phil beard could not achieve
                  Superb post but will put noses out of joint

Comment

I really dislike Les, think he does a good job with contracts however
                    Under Les Ferdinand:
                    Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                    Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                    Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                    Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                    And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Top post. Everyone seems to have jumped on this one quote like they've been itching for something to moan about, because in recent weeks there's been sweet FA to moan at. Personally don't see the big deal. He was at Newcastle for years, sounds like he is heralded up there as a hero and rightly so. I'd enjoy it if I was him too.
                      Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                      Pawel Wszolek - 6
                      Luke Freeman - 6
                      Matt Smith - 6
                      Ebere Eze - 4
                      Joel Lynch - 3
                      Tomer Hemed - 3
                      Toni Leistner - 2
                      Massimo Luongo- 2
                      Angel Rangel - 2
                      Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                      Geoff Cameron - 1
                      Aramide Oteh - 1
                      Jake Bidwell - 1
                      Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Should never have been given the job in the first place, only brought in to appease the fans when Harry was hear, presided over the Ramsey & JFH debacle's, I've been a big advocate that he wasn't needed and don't need him, and may have been a stumbling block to maybe employing certain managers,

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                          Top post. Everyone seems to have jumped on this one quote like they've been itching for something to moan about, because in recent weeks there's been sweet FA to moan at. Personally don't see the big deal. He was at Newcastle for years, sounds like he is heralded up there as a hero and rightly so. I'd enjoy it if I was him too.
                          exactly this! Who cares..Players come and go they don't need to swear a life long aliengence. He was a fantastic player for us one of the very best..learning on the Job as a DOF and slowly seems to be getting it right. Not every legend who played for us is a Lee cook ,

Comment

Great post mate.

Comment

Yes this. Hes talking about his playing days and wishing he was still there as a player ffs i'm sure most people on this site would love to be 25 again!

Comment

To be honest I am astounded by some of the comments on here. It's almost as if people are looking for something out of nothing. Being employed at a club doesn't mean you have to have full allegiance to the club or even be a supporter. The fact is Les has a job to do here and if he shares his opinion of a previous employer whats the issue. I work for a company today, quite happy there, however have extremely proud and happy memories at another company.

This doesn't mean I won't do my all for my current employer. Equally for those "bigging up" Ollie (and I do love this man), you need to listen his interview in the pod cast. He also was very clear that he was really happy to be back and has a great relationship with Les and I believe actually stated that was also one of the reasons he came back.

I agree with some on here who have posted that some of the people castigating Les, never saw him play for us and what joy that man brought. For me a Legend of the club and its really quite disrespectful the way he is talked about. Yes he liked playing for Newcastle, Yes he is a Tottenham supporter but also Yes- What a record he had for us as a player.

1989-1990 Played 9 Scored 2 goals (Division 1)
                                1990-1991 Played 18 Scored 8 goals (Division 1)
                                1991-1992 Played 23 Scored 10 goals (Division 1)
                                1992-1993 Played 37 Scored 20 goals (Premiership)
                                1993-1994 Played 36 Scored 16 goals (Premiership)
                                1994-1995 Played 37 Scored 24 goals (Premiership)

He is employed and one of our own, so lets support the man in the job he does for us, whether you like him or not, he should earn the respect or some respect regardless. And if the Board and the current manager are happy with him as part of the company (and again listen to the podcast and what Ollie said about a very old gentleman who has supported QPR foe eons, being introduced to the management and how his ears pricked up when he realized he was meeting Les) and that says so much.

Rant over and you can all abuse me if required:-)
                                Last edited by Fghoop; 26-03-2017, 05:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X