Conor Washington interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
    QPR was the one blot on Mark Hughes' managerial copybook. Wonder if we'll see something similar with JFH. He'd had reasonable success up until QPR, albeit at a lower level than Hughes. Maybe it was just another bad fit?
    Careful posting stuff like that. I said similar a few months back and was totally panned for it!

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
      Careful posting stuff like that. I said similar a few months back and was totally panned for it!
      I know. Had to choose my words carefully. Note the '?' at the end...and a "Wonder if..."

Comment

if JFH learns from his experience, he could easily do well elsewhere.

The Hughes problem was that he (and his agent) were given free rein with the purse strings to build an EPL outfit. He'd never had to do that before and hasn't had to since, Man C was not the same scenario. Stoke is perfect for him because resources are limited.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post

The Hughes problem was that he (and his agent) were given free rein with the purse strings to build an EPL outfit. He'd never had to do that before and hasn't had to since, Man C was not the same scenario. Stoke is perfect for him because resources are limited.
          With hindsight I don't actually blame Hughes. As a club we were trying to run before we could walk. That season was actually embarrassing looking back!

Comment

I know three stoke fans. They hate Hughes and want him gone and they say that's general consensus amongst fanbase.

Comment

To be fair to him west he has done extremely well with stoke and punched well above their weight. Can't see what your mates expect, no where near a European side
              I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post

Haha if he learns from his experience lol, like to have abit more about him instead of one way and no other ways

He`d be better suited to becoming a manager of a bus company!
                http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Still find it hard to believe jimmy was a striker and didnt have a clue how to use conor properly! i suppose he could of been signed without him wanting him as does seem very strange, but to still not unleash what conors capable of seems unreal!
                  http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                    Still find it hard to believe jimmy was a striker and didnt have a clue how to use conor properly! i suppose he could of been signed without him wanting him as does seem very strange, but to still not unleash what conors capable of seems unreal!
                    Good point you would think a former striker would be ideal coach for a forward

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                      To be fair to him west he has done extremely well with stoke and punched well above their weight. Can't see what your mates expect, no where near a European side
                      They say football is boring route one and everyone has had enough of it and he gets stick most home games

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                        They say football is boring route one and everyone has had enough of it and he gets stick most home games
                        That's as good as it gets for clubs like Stoke apart from Leicester miracle. Remember when Charlton fans wanted curbishley out cos mid table simply wasn't good enough.

Comment

It could be that Washington was a Sir Les signing and JFH didn`t really want or give him a chance at all. JFH was a very stubborn manager in many ways...Oh and just to add; What makes it even stranger is that JFH must have seen how Peterborough got the best of him when he was at Burton?
                          Last edited by Shania; 25-03-2017, 02:01 PM.
                          QPR
                          Best team in the world
                          Sort of

Comment

Problem is without that boring long ball dire football they'd be relegated.
                            I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

A guy I work with who goes regularly to the Britannia says Sparky is a legend and the best boss they have had for years and he is in his 60s

But its all about opinions I guess
                              I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                                Conor Washington says he found life tough under ex-QPR boss Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink

Didn't we f acking all. Worst manager in forty years of watching Rangers this year. Bar none. Not even Mullery or Hart.
                                bang on mate.

he will always be remembered as the king of utter dross.
                                nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Working...
                                X