• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Johnnykc View Post
    That's not nice Dave....

*stares sadly into the middle distance*
    You started it

Comment

• Sick sick sick scum done a concert full of young girls in manchester tonight
      19 dead so far 50 injured.
      More chance of getting eaten by a shark my arris.

https://t.co/HpqQremZN0

Comment

• Murdering b@stards f@ckin burn in hell

Comment

• I feel sick this morning.

22 dead now, some of them children. RIP.

Comment

• Originally posted by MYU View Post
            I feel sick this morning.

22 dead now, some of them children. RIP.
            It's just disgusting Myu. What sort of twisted individual sets out with the intention of hurting children like that. I genuinely despair for the world. We as a human race have f*cked it right up!

Comment

• tolerance towards different cultures and religions, but no tolerance to those who condemn those that continue to cause these atrocities
              I must away now, I can no longer tarry
              This morning's tempest I have to cross
              I must be guided without a stumble
              Into the arms I love the most

Comment

• Words escape me, also on the anniversary of Lee Rigby.
                My thoughts go out to all who are affected by this total cowardly attack.
                Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                Work Best When Open...
                @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

• Another very sad day for this country

RIP to those who have died and speedy recovery to those caught up in it all
                  I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

• Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                    Strange how these people are always 'known to the authorities".
                    And yet again:

"Salman Abedi is thought to have been known to both the police and the security services."

WTF is it with our "security services"? There's something really wrong going on here. Feel huge sympathy for those affected by this horrific attack.

Comment

And yet again:

"Salman Abedi is thought to have been known to both the police and the security services."

WTF is it with our "security services"? There's something really wrong going on here. Feel huge sympathy for those affected by this horrific attack.
                      What are they known for though? If they are known to hold extreme views on Islam then they need to be either shipped out or locked up. We can't keep having this sort of thing happening every few weeks

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigdave View Post
                        What are they known for though? If they are known to hold extreme views on Islam then they need to be either shipped out or locked up. We can't keep having this sort of thing happening every few weeks
                        The problem is, we live in a society where you can't bang somebody up on the suspicion that they might be about to do something. Not without proof, anyway. And you can't kick a British national out, and I believe this guy was a British national of Libyan parentage.

Personally I think we need to get far tougher on people who follow and/or preach extreme interpretation of religious scripture. But you can't have freedom of speech and then be selective about what bits are OK to talk about unfortunately!
                        Last edited by Tarbie; 23-05-2017, 06:46 PM.

Comment

And yet again:

WTF is it with our "security services"? There's something really wrong going on here.
                          Do you think this may have been another false-flag attack Hubble? It's a term you often hear used in relation to terrorism.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                            But you can't have freedom of speech and then be selective about what bits are OK to talk about unfortunately!
                            When innocent people and young kids are being blown to bits I'm sure you can change the rules

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigdave View Post
                              When innocent people and young kids are being blown to bits I'm sure you can change the rules
                              Don't know the ins and outs of what this guy was "known to both the police and security services" for. Although I did read in 1 paper that 2 of his former schoolmates had left the UK to join Islamic state. Perhaps a small group of wrong'uns all at the same school?!!

Hard to know where to draw the line though ain't it? I'd love to see us more to protect our people. But at the same time, you have to be careful about infringing on peoples civil liberties in a free society like ours. Today we might say it's not OK to follow Islam in a certain way, but you could potentially set a precedent that could be open to abuse.

Comment

• An article in the telegraph today mentioned the rise in the number of British "jihadi" brides trying to return to the uk disillusioned with life married to their Isis husbands.
                                The authorities here are struggling to know what to do with them.
                                Here's a novel idea, don't let the €unts back into the uk.
                                “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
                                Will Danaher

Comment

Working...
                                X