Fishing and QPR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishing and QPR

Stumbled across this old Matt Hayes video taken at my local fishery.
    It's old footage and has some familar QPR faces in it; Holloway, Bignot, Royce, Ainsworth, Shittu, Cook, Bircham, Barton

Little interview with Holloway at 15:45

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2m7h1j

Good stuff. Love my fishing.

Comment

Can't beat a fishing trip for some male bonding time.
      Me and me best mate go to Ireland for a few days every year.
      We've given up referring to it as our 'fishing trip' now though and it's more aptly known as 'rod breaking and falling in'
      “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
      Will Danaher

Comment

Love a bit of fishing, sadly don't go as often as I would like these days
        I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Fishing is something I have never understood, seems mind numbingly boring to me. Sitting by the river for hours on end to catch a fish that you weigh, take a photo of and simply throw back in?!
          You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

My dads a huge fisherman and spends a fortune on it haha, he did qualify for fishomania this year though. If anyone is a keen fisherman though my dad is a co-founder for a charity called angling for heroes which do between 5 and 8 large matches a year across the country raising money for various small charities. Its pretty fun stuff and each match gets around 150 or so people attending, its even been featured in the angling times.
            Probably a long shot but if anyone else is interested in taking part in a fishing match for charity with the chance to win various fishing gear and money just lemme know

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
              Fishing is something I have never understood, seems mind numbingly boring to me. Sitting by the river for hours on end to catch a fish that you weigh, take a photo of and simply throw back in?!
              taking a photo of something then letting it go,that will never ever catch on.
              "The kids missed everything from Queens Park Rangers to Conkers".

London Pride has been handed down to us.
              London Pride is a flower that's free.
              London Pride means our own dear town to us,
              And our pride it for ever will be.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                It's not everyone's bag mate but there's more to it than might meet the eye.
                Out in the open air pitting your wits against Mother Nature beats being Dragged around Homebase by the mrs.
                Add to that the sheer pleasure of shovelling a garage bought scotch egg, pork pie and packet of quavers into your mouth, almost simultaneously, because you've got the munchies after the Camberwell carrot you've just smoked and it makes for quite a nice day out.
                “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
                Will Danaher

Comment

I'm a fairly serious carp angler these days but I've been totally hooked(excuse the pun) on all types of fishing for the last 30 years. I think if it's in your blood it's just a way of life. Totally understand that people don't get it because on paper it seems ridiculous but it's just something I wouldn't want to live without. Bit like rangers really

Comment

Can't stand it, love eating fish but put it in my supermarket and I'll pop in and pick one up.
                    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Working...
                    X