What will become of this board?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jeems View Post
    Would our current strongest line up be able to beat our 2010 team, assuming everyone was at their best? That was some team we had...pace, power, creativity, grit...

Kenny
    Walker Connelly Gorkks Hill
    Derry Faurlin
    Routledge Tarbs Buzsacky
    HH
    Buz hardly played in our promotion winning team.

Comment

Originally posted by topperharley View Post
      Brilliant question!

Hard to compare as a different formation, but this is my feeling based on comparing the most similar players we have.

Kenny vs Smithies = Smithies
      Walker vs Furlong = Walker
      Connelly vs Ned = Karl
      Gorkks vs Lynch = Lynch
      Hill vs Bidwell = Draw
      Derry vs Hall = Hall
      Faurlin vs Luongo = Draw (asked a month ago Faurlin walks it, but maybe Mass is coming good?)
      Routledge vs Pav = Draw
      Tarbs vs No one really in the team to compare Rav doesn't count
      Buzsacky vs Manning = Manning
      HH vs Sylla = Sylla (But Heidar beats Conor and Wash in a 1 up front)

Right now, both teams at their best, 2010 wins. But only because Tarbs at his best was borderline unplayable.
      Hall is a better midfielder than Derry? FFS. Sylla better than the Iceman?

One 5-1 win and some folk on here go nuts.

Comment

Also walker only played half a season before being recalled and then loaned to villa. (Played 20 games)

Routledge also came in on loan and only played 20 games.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
          Hall is a better midfielder than Derry? FFS. Sylla better than the Iceman?

One 5-1 win and some folk on here go nuts.
          Sylla is a better striker, yes. He's stronger, has a better eye for goal and i think will prove to be one of our better players.

Hill is playing a similar role to Derry, and doing it very well. Derry was not a good player, he was a grinder that owned his position. Hall is, and has been on this recent run, the key to making it work. So yeah, i think he's at least equal, but has more nouse and so tips it for me.

Not one 5-1 mate, I've thought this team has been very good for a while, just mis-managed.

Comment

Connelly vs Ned = Karl.
            I know people slate Ned but to favour a striker over him at CB is a little harsh....

Comment

Sylla is a better striker, yes. He's stronger, has a better eye for goal and i think will prove to be one of our better players.

Hill is playing a similar role to Derry, and doing it very well. Derry was not a good player, he was a grinder that owned his position. Hall is, and has been on this recent run, the key to making it work. So yeah, i think he's at least equal, but has more nouse and so tips it for me.

Not one 5-1 mate, I've thought this team has been very good for a while, just mis-managed.
              Sylla is not a better striker than Heidar was, he's nowhere near. Derry "was not a good player"? WTF are you on?! He was absolutely central to that promotion-winning side, after the maestro that was Adel Taarabt. Anyway, you've achieved your aim Topper, we're arguing!

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                Sylla is not a better striker than Heidar was, he's nowhere near. Derry "was not a good player"? WTF are you on?! He was absolutely central to that promotion-winning side, after the maestro that was Adel Taarabt. Anyway, you've achieved your aim Topper, we're arguing!
                central to the side, but as an individual, not a good player. One could argue the very nature of him being able to muscle games without natural talent makes him a better player, so i'd go with that. Some players are better in a team, rather than as individuals?

Have to agree to disagree on Heidar, too early to really tell i suppose, given a run on the form we've shown for the last two months, Sylla has the potential to be a 20 goal a season striker.

Niether are Charlie.

Oh, and arguing? Nah, some people might like to argue, i refer to it as a conversation, usually, type in caps lock if it's an argument, then I'll know your seriously angry.

Comment

Derry not a good player......? Hall is the key to our 'success'. Wow.

Comment

there you go! i knew we could find something have a row about

my 2 peneth

Kenny vs Smithies = Smithies
                    Walker vs Furlong = Walker
                    Connelly vs Ned = Karl
                    Gorkks vs Lynch = Gorkks
                    Hill vs Bidwell = Bidwell
                    Derry vs Hall = Derry
                    Faurlin vs Luongo = Faurlin
                    Routledge vs Pav = Draw
                    Tarbs vs Anyone = Tarbs
                    Buzsacky vs Manning = Buzz
                    HH vs Sylla = HH

this team

Smithies
                    Walker Gorkks Hall Bidwell
                    Pav Derry Buzz Routledge
                    Tarbs HH

subs

Kennt Hill Ned Sylla Washington Manning Freeman

that would win the league

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                      Derry not a good player......? Hall is the key to our 'success'. Wow.
                      Hall has been instrumental in our 5 wins from 7, in many respects he is playing the old Holloway role but supporting the defence even more.

Comment

Derrys style of play was being a tough tackling leader with great awareness which more than made up for his lack of flair and pace, he was a great player for us and as other have said, our most important player after taarabt.

Heidar is my favourite striker we've had here during my time supporting qpr, loved him before he came here and was over the moon when he did. He was far better than sylla imo, at least for now.
                        I do agree that hall is our future though, sure hes been a bit inconsistent this season but hes still easily one of our best players and will be for years to come.
                        If i had to do a starting 11 based on then and now itd be:
                        Smithies
                        Hill connelly hall walker
                        Taarabt derry faurlin manning pavel
                        Heidar

Would normally just go 442 for easiness but dont quite think our strikers are in the same league as heidar yet

Comment

Karl Henry and his missus frozen out ?
                          What's his Mrs done ?

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                            Lol this tickled me watch out as tarbie will have you
                            http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by Awin View Post
                              Hall has been instrumental in our 5 wins from 7, in many respects he is playing the old Holloway role but supporting the defence even more.
                              I agree and agree with topper about hall, thought he looked the part from his first game there and will only get better!
                              http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by Awin View Post
                                Also walker only played half a season before being recalled and then loaned to villa. (Played 20 games)

Routledge also came in on loan and only played 20 games.
                                I tried to pick what was our our strongest line up we could at the time. The same argument could have been said about Orr (only played 20 odd games) and Ephraim before Routledge came in. Mackie played more of a part then Akos however, I agree!

Comment

Working...
                                X