Curtis Fleming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curtis Fleming

Don't hear this guys name mentioned often but I don't think it's any coincidence at all our upturn in form since he arrived.

All good managers have a good team around them and I think with Ollie & Birch we have an abundance in passion, but this guy must really be getting into the players heads as we've looked brilliant lately. I always see him in the background with his arm around someone giving some form of advice.

We had a fantastic coach in Steve McClaren and when he departed our form suffered badly. Whatever he's doing, long may it continue.

Curtis Fleming, the bloke everyone wrote off because he was at Hartlepool ?

Comment

Definitely. As charismatic as Ollie may be, it's a joint effort getting the team to play well.
      I was sceptical of his appointment at first but he seems to have got the defence more organised.
      Very vocal on the touch line too.
      “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
      Will Danaher

Comment

Jimmy he don't look the type you want to mess with either. Olly and Birch the friendly act Fleming the enforcer???

How good has Ned been too since Fleming has arrived he gets slated but he's been an absolute rock at the back for months now but get zero appreciation

Comment

Olly said in the fans forum that Fleming has been a great addition. Said that him and Fleming are complete opposites and compliment each other whereas Birch is quite similar to Olly. Fleming is very organised and likes to write everything down, very regimented in his ways. Fleming definitely has some control over the defence as I've seen him a few times conducting the back line and giving defenders a rollocking if they are out of position

Also think Olly mentioned the good cop bad cop management style with Fleming so you could be right Westy

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
            Don't hear this guys name mentioned often but I don't think it's any coincidence at all our upturn in form since he arrived.

All good managers have a good team around them and I think with Ollie & Birch we have an abundance in passion, but this guy must really be getting into the players heads as we've looked brilliant lately. I always see him in the background with his arm around someone giving some form of advice.

We had a fantastic coach in Steve McClaren and when he departed our form suffered badly. Whatever he's doing, long may it continue.
            Agree with every word of that, I mean the results were instant when he arrived at QPR.

Comment

I thought he was just brought in cos of the rooney rule #evilles

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
                I thought he was just brought in cos of the rooney rule #evilles
                imagine willo no Rooney rule and he would still be in div two #jobsfortheboys

Comment

We've certainly improved at the back since hes come in thats for sure, it was almost instant. I did write him off when he came in as our first team/defensive coach as hartlepool had conceded more goals than anyone else in league 2 and hartlepool fans were over the moon to see him go but i'm glad i was wrong about him.

Comment

Just noticed on the tables this morning how our dreadfully goals against record has improved which does sugest he's got to be doing something right

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                      Just noticed on the tables this morning how our dreadfully goals against record has improved which does sugest he's got to be doing something right
                      And we're top of the league last 6 games too.

This was before the 5-1 win.

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
                        And we're top of the league last 6 games too.

This was before the 5-1 win.

Good to see Derby, our next opponents not figuring anywhere in that table too MYU!!
                        2011-2013, 2 seasons in the Premiership, 76 games, 14 wins........two years of my life I'll never get back!!

2013/2014 mediocrity topped off with a win at Wembley....

2014/2015 was pretty much the same as 2011-2013.....

2015/2016, average at best.....

2016/2017, same old, same old....

2017/2018, aim low, avoid disappointment!

Its the hope that kills you!

Comment

Ollie was praising him to the hilt at the fans forum last week and rightly so

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                            Ollie was praising him to the hilt at the fans forum last week and rightly so
                            Fantastic. I haven't gotten around to watching yet. On my list for today.

Comment

Fantastic. I haven't gotten around to watching yet. On my list for today.
                              It's a must-see mate. Best (and most entertaining) fan forum ever IMO: http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/f...-Hoos-16-03-17

Comment

Working...
                              X