Really good to see Luongo score

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really good to see Luongo score

I've been critical of him and for me, he shouldn't be in the first team but he's young and has potential. Hopefully this first goal for us will give him confidence to kick on.

Could not agree more Jamsey

The way he arrived in box and got glancing header reminded me of Lampard (I'm not saying he is Lampard before debate starts)

Comment

Should always be in the team according to this https://www.whoscored.com/Teams/171

Comment

Originally posted by hh9 View Post
        Should always be in the team according to this https://www.whoscored.com/Teams/171
        Frankly, he should just be in the team on the basis of what he brings irrespective of his score there.

I'm very strongly in the Luongo is brilliant camp, but even yesterday, he wasn't actually that great in the match, but sometimes you have those matches and to his credit, the average performance didn't stop him scoring. People have wanted him to show that he can influence the game more and I think the last 2 games have shown different ways he can do it: Playing incredibly well and dominating the midfield like he did the last game before yesterday, or scoring a goal despite an average match like he did yesterday.

The person I'm legitimately really happy to see performing well now is Yeni, I thought that guy was a huge signing for us when we first got him and after all the trouble of the first half of the season, it's nice to see the real Yeni playing again. The deliveries for both goals were fantastic tbh and his set pieces in general are excellent. Next season, I'll be really excited by the potential our team has.
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Yeni seems to be playing himself into form but jury is still out in my opinion

Comment

Originally posted by hh9 View Post
            It's called a different opinion. I dont think he should be in the team based on what I've seen this season. You, Nass and others disagree. What's wrong with that??! I do admit he has proved me wrong over last few games and pleased he's done that.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
              Yeni seems to be playing himself into form but jury is still out in my opinion
              I can understand that, I hope he keeps it up because he does look like a natural talent, but we have so much depth anyway that I wouldn't feel like we'd be significantly worse off if he wasn't on form, especially given the formation we play. Just looking at people who can play the role that he did yesterday but on either side, you have: Yeni, Sylla, Washington, Lua Lua, Morrison, Pawel, Mackie, Shodipo returning next season potentially, Eze could take on that role I reckon, just looking at his dribbling alone from that 10 minute cameo against Blackburn in the cup. That's some incredible depth really and I may be running myself into the ground with excitement that Rangers might not reciprocate but I can see us being a force in this division next year. The only potential weakness I see in our side is the right wing back/rm but Furlong is still learning and can use this season as a practice run to get himself used to the style.
              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

It was good to see not only the team reaction but the genuine feeling of pleasure it gave the supporters when he scored.Other than one certain CB there is a good affinity from the fans to the players.
                We will still criticise players but not in a malicious,nasty way. More in a bad day at the office sort of way.

Comment

Fair play to Luongo for stepping it up recently. Theres a decent player in there.

Comment

Not so much pleased, as f acking amazed....... Happy to see this continue.

Comment

Working...
                    X