No announcement yet.

Playing Smith and Sylla together?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quite like Sylla personally, get's himself in the right places in the box at times (yes not all the time) and along with Yeni probably the best finisher at the club

Comment

no way sylla is 'the best finisher at the club' mate, or one of.

but washington, for scoring quite a bit recently, he also misses plenty of decent opportunities every game as well. if he can clean those up, he'll be another level.
      Rangers Til I Die
      follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr

Comment

Originally posted by ArthurQPR_NYC View Post
        no way sylla is 'the best finisher at the club' mate, or one of.

but washington, for scoring quite a bit recently, he also misses plenty of decent opportunities every game as well. if he can clean those up, he'll be another level.
        Sylla is probably pretty comfortably the best finisher at the club. Doesn't shoot often but he is our top scorer in the league for us with 8 (Conor on 6). As you say, Conor has scored a few and his all round game has improved so much recently, but his finishing is still quite weak and something he needs to work on (no doubt he will and hopefully it'll improve).

Just as a comparison Washington has taken 53 shots in the league and has scored 6, Sylla has taken 36 shots and has scored 8. That's a goal every 8.83 shots for Conor and a goal every 4.5 shots for Sylla.

Compare that to some of our other attacking talent, Wsolek has a goal every 5 shots, Smith has a goal every 5.3 shots, Polter had a goal every 6.

As I said above, Washington's movement has improved so much, but his next step needs to be that finishing. He'll be an absolute gem if he gets that right. For now though, there's little doubt to me that Sylla is by far our best finisher.
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Cool stats but a bit biased imo, how many shots to goals has conor got since ollie came in?

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
            Cool stats but a bit biased imo, how many shots to goals has conor got since ollie came in?
            Since Ollie has come in, Washington has taken 38 shots, still more than Sylla has and has scored 5 since Ollie has come in, giving him a goal every 7.6 shots. This was over 1201 minutes, meaning a shot every 33 minutes of football, a goal every 240 minutes. Certainly a big improvement and as I said, his overall play has been great and he's been unlucky at times to miss some, while also probably being in a position where his finishing let him down, but as I said, hopefully that will improve. For now though, Sylla has 8 goals in 1251 minutes (over the whole season), a goal every 156 minutes and is definitely our best finisher.
            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Working...
            X