I was wrong about Oilly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
    NO,not possible (unless we win every remaining game and hope other results go our way),a midtable or any form of top half finish would be a terrific result for us
    So it is possible. Happy to see you have finally come over to the side of positivity Rebel
    Minds Are Like Parachutes.
    Work Best When Open...
    @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Under Jimmy we were 17th with 20 points from 16 games. Under Ollie we have 50 points, so 30 from 18 games.

Comment

Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
        So it is possible. Happy to see you have finally come over to the side of positivity Rebel
        Of course possible but so is Arsenal winning the premier league

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
          Of course possible but so is Arsenal winning the premier league
          That's just silly talk now
          Minds Are Like Parachutes.
          Work Best When Open...
          @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
            Oilly has proved a slippery customer.

Comment

Anyone who reckons we aren;t 100% safe, must also equally acknowledge we have an equal chance of making the play offs, by that thought process.

Comment

Originally posted by topperharley View Post
                Anyone who reckons we aren;t 100% safe, must also equally acknowledge we have an equal chance of making the play offs, by that thought process.
                5% chance of the playoffs based on that

Comment

Like his choice of Fleming too. The guy really marshals side from the sidelines and seems to have more of an input then birch

Comment

Got to say I've always been pro Ollie as he has similar management qualities to Warnock.

He's installed pride and passion In the team with a British core of players. We also mix our style of play up and in general if he had been here 10 games earlier I think we'd be sitting 8/9th in the table now and would have a decent shout of the playoffs.

What I like currently is when I see the pre match threads we are all struggling to name the first 11 and there's often a case for 2 or 3 on the bench to be in the first 11 which is always a good sign.

We also don't need to go mad in the summer with a major rebuild which imo means if Ollie is given some budget to spend we can actually focus on quality instead of quantity!

Comment

hands up, I was one not impressed with his appointment. Sitting in the SA stand it's painful seeing all the r's fans that have not bothered renewing in the last couple of years. Early signs Olly's brand of football will hopefully get them back
                      I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                      This morning's tempest I have to cross
                      I must be guided without a stumble
                      Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                        agree with Rebs he's added more to his game then he's shown in past. I'm chuffed it's working out and quietly confident about next season

He's behaving like a manager which I like the acting on the side was one of my problems but he's toned it down and when you watch him on the side now he actually looks the part.

I'm fully on board now with him
                        When he first came in and we were losing our fair share he was constantly screaming like a madman on the sidelines, it was annoying to hear as a fan watching the broadcast and as a long time coach I know even youth players get immune to that style so surely pros won't listen for long! I don't know if he figures he got his points accross or if someone told him to tone down but he looks much more the part of a professional manager now!
                        @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by gator View Post
                          When he first came in and we were losing our fair share he was constantly screaming like a madman on the sidelines, it was annoying to hear as a fan watching the broadcast and as a long time coach I know even youth players get immune to that style so surely pros won't listen for long! I don't know if he figures he got his points accross or if someone told him to tone down but he looks much more the part of a professional manager now!
                          Sorry but there will be those type of managers around who shout the oldskool way, but im pretty sure he doesnt care if he looks a professional; manager now as hes been one for 20 years lol, & won things so a bit of a daft comment as he is a professional and has been 20yrs
                          http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

I was incredibly against bringing Olly back when we were looking at options as I didn't see the point in going back to something before, especially something that ended the way it did. But as soon as I saw that first interview of his, that was it, I was hooked on giving the guy a chance and thank god he's improved the confidence immeasurably and more importantly, he's shown tactical versatility throughout a single match that I did not think he had in him. Well done to Olly, long may he silence doubters.
                            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                              Sorry but there will be those type of managers around who shout the oldskool way, but im pretty sure he doesnt care if he looks a professional; manager now as hes been one for 20 years lol, & won things so a bit of a daft comment as he is a professional and has been 20yrs
                              So in a thread full of people praising Ollie, the one that you chose to respond to was the one you had an angle to start an argument with?!!

Comment

Sorry tarbie are you talking to me?! i was just replying to gator saying about ollie being more professional! its great everyones praising ollie, the man is a propfessional and has won things! theres no arguments from me, so not too sure why youve questioned me!
                                http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Working...
                                X