Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 28 of 28

Thread: This site

  1. #16

    Default

    Chrome doesn't seem to work so well on Windows - it works well on Mac OS though and strangely Firefox seems to work well on Windows, but not so well on OSX. I'm amazed anyone is still using IE!

    This site is quick to load for me, not had any probs for ages. But yes, it's really quiet!


  2. #17

    Default

    Originally Posted by Hubble
    Chrome doesn't seem to work so well on Windows - it works well on Mac OS though and strangely Firefox seems to work well on Windows, but not so well on OSX. I'm amazed anyone is still using IE!

    This site is quick to load for me, not had any probs for ages. But yes, it's really quiet!
    No coincidence that it's coincided with the recent good form. Just wait until we lose a game mate. They'll be back in their droves! Experience has taught us this

  3. #18

    Default

    Doing well and playing well is boring, roll on the dross ball and defeats
    Hoops since 1973

  4. Default

    disable java script in yer browser, no ads, no nonsense, faster loading.

  5. #20

    Default

    mine has been so slow that i've given up a few times , thought it was my laptop

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Northolt
    Posts
    38,477
    Blog Entries
    182

    Default

    Originally Posted by 72bus
    mine has been so slow that i've given up a few times , thought it was my laptop
    Need more details than that, it's mainly on mobiles right?

    I'm looking at upgrading our forum to one that will suit mobile and tablets better, I'm hoping the issues will go away.

  7. Default

    Originally Posted by MYU
    Need more details than that, it's mainly on mobiles right?

    I'm looking at upgrading our forum to one that will suit mobile and tablets better, I'm hoping the issues will go away.
    I run two old computers one has Windows 7 with Mozilla the other Windows XP wih Mozilla. With both systems I get a warning that a web page is slowing down my browser I have to stop the script before I can proceed. This is the only site on the internet I get this warning' Hope this helps solve the problem.

  8. #23

    Default

    Originally Posted by hal9thou
    disable java script in yer browser, no ads, no nonsense, faster loading.
    Did you get a message about saying "No ad's" last time I mentioned such a topic I was told not to bring that up! Whilst the maintainers/owners of this site will want to the ad revenue, it's quite likely they don't review the ad's they serve and some can be very chaotic towards performance of a website... westlondonsport for example was giving everybody malware who visited their site on their mobile.
    Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
    Lovejoy: "No?!"
    Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

    Please Follow My Twitter

  9. Default

    15th in the League. Season over. Nothing to win or lose and I think most posters are fed up with our current Sunday school boy team.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Beverly Hills
    Posts
    3,399

    Default

    Get a separate device for the pörn fellas
    "When you look annoyed all the time, people think you're busy"

  11. Default

    Originally Posted by GaxZE
    Did you get a message about saying "No ad's" last time I mentioned such a topic I was told not to bring that up! Whilst the maintainers/owners of this site will want to the ad revenue, it's quite likely they don't review the ad's they serve and some can be very chaotic towards performance of a website... westlondonsport for example was giving everybody malware who visited their site on their mobile.
    Nope, I never had any messages...... Very few administrators monitor ads and clickbait that appear on their sites because it would be incredibly time consuming, you use at your own risk. But the % of people who actually think about their online behaviour and the way it can be compromised is minute. Its like a jungle out there, it makes me wonder.....

    I sometimes use Tor for browsing but even then there are basics that people overlook. There was a thread on this, Stan made some good points, if anyone has a linky I for one would like to read it again. I also use OSX which for some reason over the years along with its long lost predecessor 9 has been remarkably clean. However Safari can't always run Java scripts cleanly, which is another good reason to turn it off, in fact in recent weeks nowt was loading on here with Java enabled. Better atm though.

  12. #27

    Default

    Originally Posted by hal9thou
    Nope, I never had any messages...... Very few administrators monitor ads and clickbait that appear on their sites because it would be incredibly time consuming, you use at your own risk. But the % of people who actually think about their online behaviour and the way it can be compromised is minute. Its like a jungle out there, it makes me wonder.....

    I sometimes use Tor for browsing but even then there are basics that people overlook. There was a thread on this, Stan made some good points, if anyone has a linky I for one would like to read it again. I also use OSX which for some reason over the years along with its long lost predecessor 9 has been remarkably clean. However Safari can't always run Java scripts cleanly, which is another good reason to turn it off, in fact in recent weeks nowt was loading on here with Java enabled. Better atm though.
    Can't find the thread now but the info is all here: http://www.gendo.ch/en/content/secure-comms

  13. #28

    Default

    Originally Posted by hal9thou
    Nope, I never had any messages...... Very few administrators monitor ads and clickbait that appear on their sites because it would be incredibly time consuming, you use at your own risk. But the % of people who actually think about their online behaviour and the way it can be compromised is minute. Its like a jungle out there, it makes me wonder.....

    I sometimes use Tor for browsing but even then there are basics that people overlook. There was a thread on this, Stan made some good points, if anyone has a linky I for one would like to read it again. I also use OSX which for some reason over the years along with its long lost predecessor 9 has been remarkably clean. However Safari can't always run Java scripts cleanly, which is another good reason to turn it off, in fact in recent weeks nowt was loading on here with Java enabled. Better atm though.
    ublock origin and a vpn(i use nordvpn) and that should be suffice for safety when browsing.
    Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
    Lovejoy: "No?!"
    Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

    Please Follow My Twitter

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •