No announcement yet.

Penrice could be on his way back..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope Penrice has done away with the dodgy tash.

Lovely player back in the day. Nice to have him back.

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
      Hope Penrice has done away with the dodgy tash..
      Indeed. Made him look a really iffy customer.............

Comment

We love a bit of jobs for the boys, don't we?

As long as he serves a purpose, I have no issues with it though. It's when we bring back guys like Andy Sinton (who to this day, nobody has been able to explain to me what he does), that wind me up a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
          We love a bit of jobs for the boys, don't we?

As long as he serves a purpose, I have no issues with it though. It's when we bring back guys like Andy Sinton (who to this day, nobody has been able to explain to me what he does), that wind me up a bit.
          He does the live comms..... badly.

Comment

By the looks of things from the fans forum. Ollie was talking about bringing in a new chief scout and he sounds like he is very good at it too.

Comment

Tbh for the first time since warnock i have complete faith in the board and ollie, hes been transparent from the start and has revived the club again. Some/most of us (including me) werent happy about fleming coming on board as our defensive coach but its clearly worked out and we'll be conceding far less next season. Heck, even if our new chief scout was from gosport fc or something i'd still be behind it coz ollie is bringing in the right people for him and for the club and besides, penrice' resumé speaks for itself anyway and hes a perfect fit for our club, the fact hes been besties with ollie since they were little twinkles in their dads eye is a massive positive imo as he wont try and do dodgey deals for money and odds are will go that extra mile for us.
              Cant wait to see who we bring in next season but god knows who as everyones playing great as it is! If i had to choose though i'd say another cb, lb and left mid mainly just to provide competition, if mass keeps up his recent form then we wont need the tough tackling midfielder we need!

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
                Tbh for the first time since warnock i have complete faith in the board and ollie, hes been transparent from the start and has revived the club again. Some/most of us (including me) werent happy about fleming coming on board as our defensive coach but its clearly worked out and we'll be conceding far less next season. Heck, even if our new chief scout was from gosport fc or something i'd still be behind it coz ollie is bringing in the right people for him and for the club and besides, penrice' resumé speaks for itself anyway and hes a perfect fit for our club, the fact hes been besties with ollie since they were little twinkles in their dads eye is a massive positive imo as he wont try and do dodgey deals for money and odds are will go that extra mile for us.
                Cant wait to see who we bring in next season but god knows who as everyones playing great as it is! If i had to choose though i'd say another cb, lb and left mid mainly just to provide competition, if mass keeps up his recent form then we wont need the tough tackling midfielder we need!
                Don't hold your breath on (expensive) new signings. Hoos and Ollie made it very clear last night that they still need to reduce current wage bill to "balance the books" as Premiere League payments halfs this season and disappears next. Got the impression they were 100% percent relying on the new scout to find "cheap" deals that club could afford in both the short and long run assuming we don't get promoted.

Think the days of us spending 4-5 million on one player are over.
                Tony Fernandes Blue N White Army

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie;1617095[B
                  ]We love a bit of jobs for the boys, don't we?[/B]
                  Que? This man is one of the best scouts in England..no pun aimed at you though. Just my opinion..
                  QPR
                  Best team in the world
                  Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                    Que? This man is one of the best scouts in England..no pun aimed at you though. Just my opinion..
                    1.) There was no pun anywhere in anything you said.

2.) Who says he's one one the best scouts in England? He's had a couple of Premiership jobs but doesn't make him the best there is out there.

3.) As I said, as long as he serves a purpose it's all good. It's just bizarre the sheer volume of ex-QPR players we go after as backroom staff. Almost like it's the first thing we look for.

Comment

The new scout (if it is Penrice) was responsible for us signing Freeman and also for Leicester signing Kante and Mahrez so personally I'm happy!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                        1.) There was no pun anywhere in anything you said.

2.) Who says he's one one the best scouts in England? He's had a couple of Premiership jobs but doesn't make him the best there is out there.

3.) As I said, as long as he serves a purpose it's all good. It's just bizarre the sheer volume of ex-QPR players we go after as backroom staff. Almost like it's the first thing we look for.
                        That could be true, But then I have to raise the following question; Who else do you think wants a job at this club?
                        QPR
                        Best team in the world
                        Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Glevum_Hoop View Post
                          Don't hold your breath on (expensive) new signings. Hoos and Ollie made it very clear last night that they still need to reduce current wage bill to "balance the books" as Premiere League payments halfs this season and disappears next. Got the impression they were 100% percent relying on the new scout to find "cheap" deals that club could afford in both the short and long run assuming we don't get promoted.

Think the days of us spending 4-5 million on one player are over.
                          I dont want us to spend much money at all, i hated that 5-9 year period of us throwing money all over the place, proper embarressing to support us during that stage.
                          What i mean is penrice wont be swayed by agents trying to throw him some money to convince us to sign their player etc.
                          Im looking forward to just seeing who we're gunna bring in though, i dont care how much we spend on them but if we can get a couple more luke freemans in then i'll be over the moon and excited for next season.
                          I actually think with the right signings we could make the playoffs next season and ollies done it with worse squads than us

Comment

Working...
                          X