Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 QPR midfielders in Who Scored.com best Xi team of the week 10 out of 10 for...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 QPR midfielders in Who Scored.com best Xi team of the week 10 out of 10 for...

Massimo. Well done sir. 10 out of 10.
    Luke 8.61/10

Not bad for a League 1 footballer

Comment

I'm pleased luongo has had a good last couple of games. We need to have competition in the squad. But he has been rubbish in a few games and rightly criticized. However, people who think that anyone deserves 10/10 know little about football. Stats may point to 10/10 but just because you make every tackle and every pass does not mean you are 10/10. Much more to it than that.

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
        I'm pleased luongo has had a good last couple of games. We need to have competition in the squad. But he has been rubbish in a few games and rightly criticized. However, people who think that anyone deserves 10/10 know little about football. Stats may point to 10/10 but just because you make every tackle and every pass does not mean you are 10/10. Much more to it than that.
        It must be based on whatever criteria they use. Either way he must have been decent.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
          It must be based on whatever criteria they use. Either way he must have been decent.
          Fake News.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
            I'm not saying it as an anti luongo point. Just saying that 10/10.....utter rubbish. Adel vs Swansea a few years back was close to 10/10.

Comment

Alcantara got 10/10 against Arsenal the other week - 2 goals and an assist.

Not knocking Luongo but in a 0-0 draw he must have been amazing

Comment

As I said on the match thread, he got a 10/10 for these reasons:

13 successful dribbles (half of the total we made in that match)
                2 aerials won
                4 successful tackles, 4 successful interceptions and 4 clearances
                3 key passes that directly led to shots on goal
                Held the ball for longer than anyone in our team and took more first touches of it than anyone in the team
                Was generally everywhere on the pitch, winning the ball back and creating chances with his runs and passes

As Shepherds Mush states, given Alcantara got a 10/10 for 2 goals and an assist, Luongo must have been damn incredible to get it without contributing directly to a goal.

But I can sorta try to break down the way their scoring system works. Firstly, it's on a position to position basis.

A player in defence gets a higher boost when they make a tackle than a striker would and in similar vein, they get a lower loss with a shot off target. So Thiago was played as a CAM in that match.

When he scored, he went from a 6.77 to a 7.88. His second goal took him from a 7.84 to an 8.94. Both times, the goal boosted the score by 1.1.

Winning an aerial duel though only took him up from a 5.99 to a 6.07. He won 3 all game and also successfully completed 2 dribbles as a CAM. When he completed the second dribble, his score went from 9 to a 9.27.

As I said, Luongo completed 13 dribbles and 4 tackles and much more. Relative to the position, those are gonna give quite balanced boosts but the sheer volume is enough to bring him up to a 10.

Hope that explains how they score people.
                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                  As I said on the match thread, he got a 10/10 for these reasons:

13 successful dribbles (half of the total we made in that match)
                  2 aerials won
                  4 successful tackles, 4 successful interceptions and 4 clearances
                  3 key passes that directly led to shots on goal
                  Held the ball for longer than anyone in our team and took more first touches of it than anyone in the team
                  Was generally everywhere on the pitch, winning the ball back and creating chances with his runs and passes

As Shepherds Mush states, given Alcantara got a 10/10 for 2 goals and an assist, Luongo must have been damn incredible to get it without contributing directly to a goal.

But I can sorta try to break down the way their scoring system works. Firstly, it's on a position to position basis.

A player in defence gets a higher boost when they make a tackle than a striker would and in similar vein, they get a lower loss with a shot off target. So Thiago was played as a CAM in that match.

When he scored, he went from a 6.77 to a 7.88. His second goal took him from a 7.84 to an 8.94. Both times, the goal boosted the score by 1.1.

Winning an aerial duel though only took him up from a 5.99 to a 6.07. He won 3 all game and also successfully completed 2 dribbles as a CAM. When he completed the second dribble, his score went from 9 to a 9.27.

As I said, Luongo completed 13 dribbles and 4 tackles and much more. Relative to the position, those are gonna give quite balanced boosts but the sheer volume is enough to bring him up to a 10.

Hope that explains how they score people.
                  Not keen on the stats but fair play to Luongo. Starting to make me eat my words from earlier in the season and hope he continues to do so!

Comment

Good player, Luongo . Let's hope he can add some goals to his game just to silence a few people.
                    "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

I've slated Luongo after some performances but there is a PROPER player in there that, hopefully, Holloway can get the best out of

Comment

Even 77 will agree he has performed better of late
                        I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Working...
                        X