Cheltenham.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheltenham.

Anybody here attending this year? I am there tomorrow and Weds, can't wait.

Any "tips" welcome as I know naff all when it comes to the nags!
    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Ive booked the week off so I can watch the racing, might have a few small bets but don't really follow horse racing like I used to so I'm pretty much out of touch.

The only advice I'd give is stick to small each way bets Matty.

I'd love to do Cheltenham one year, it's a course I've never been to.

Good luck mate hope you have fun

Comment

Just had this off a mate: 13-30 Melon 15-30 Yanworth think they're both favourites....

Comment

Yeah they are both favs hubs.

Bloke at work backed Melon ages ago, think he got around 12/1 ante post.

Comment

Jack Kennedy 17 year old wonder jockey romps home on 25/1 outsider Labark. Good luck getting to the bar Matty, looks packed to the rafters
          I must away now, I can no longer tarry
          This morning's tempest I have to cross
          I must be guided without a stumble
          Into the arms I love the most

Comment

One of my ex's had a horse. She talked me into going down her stables one day and I had a go on one. After about an hour of trying to learn the rise and trot I had to give up as my plums felt like they'd been put through a mangle.
            If I didn't know better I'd swear she was trying to put me off sex for a while.

Anyone who gets on one of those things and tries to make it run as fast it can deserves total respect. If they don't break their neck when they fall off there's every likelihood they'll get trampled.
            “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
            Will Danaher

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
              Just had this off a mate: 13-30 Melon 15-30 Yanworth think they're both favourites....
              Tell your mate not to bother next time Hubs mate. Neither had value and didn't have the best of days

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                Tell your mate not to bother next time Hubs mate. Neither had value and didn't have the best of days
                You're right Hovis. On the old original dotorg there used to be a poster called Jules I think, and he'd come up with these great tips, always under the post heading: I've got a hoss! Wonder what happened to him?

Comment

Proper mugs game. That bloke that bet 400,000 to win 100k and then put on 500k to win another 100k lost @ what a plum. Can understand a 1-4 bet on a football team 2 up with 15mins to go with that kind of money but on a 4 legged animal, 20 plus runners and hurdles . Worlds gone mad
                  I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

1/4 on a team being 2-0 up with 15 mins to go?

Im clearly using the wrong bookies

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                      Proper mugs game. That bloke that bet 400,000 to win 100k and then put on 500k to win another 100k lost @ what a plum. Can understand a 1-4 bet on a football team 2 up with 15mins to go with that kind of money but on a 4 legged animal, 20 plus runners and hurdles . Worlds gone mad
                      I've never understood why people with that much disposable cash (must be a near no billionaire to lay our £400k to recoup £100k!) feel the need to have a flutter?!

That same matey banged the whole £500k on Douvan the next day apparently ....
                      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Working...
                      X